or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Headphones

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 

Hi,

 

I am wanting to upgrade from my Q701 if its possible and have about $800 to spend on a new headphones but there is so many options I listen to mostly metal like 5FDP, Metallica etc although I do watch movies and gaming as well, I did buy the Audio Technica AD900X few weeks ago and liked them sound wise but the pads hurt my ears after awhile so I stopped using them.

post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaleus View Post
 

I am wanting to upgrade from my Q701 if its possible and have about $800 to spend on a new headphones but there is so many options I listen to mostly metal like 5FDP, Metallica etc although I do watch movies and gaming as well, I did buy the Audio Technica AD900X few weeks ago and liked them sound wise but the pads hurt my ears after awhile so I stopped using them.

 

The Hifiman HE Velour ear pads might fit the ATH-AD900X,

as the HE pads do fit the ATH-A900X (closed) headphones.

post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post
 

 

The Hifiman HE Velour ear pads might fit the ATH-AD900X,

as the HE pads do fit the ATH-A900X (closed) headphones.

 

Does the A900X have the twist on one's like the AKG Q701?  By looking at the Hifiman pads they are like that too and I am sure the AD900X has something that wraps around the cup to hold it

post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaleus View Post
 

 

Does the A900X have the twist on one's like the AKG Q701?  By looking at the Hifiman pads they are like that too and I am sure the AD900X has something that wraps around the cup to hold it

 

I'm not familiar with the Q701 pads.

The HE pads do kind of have to be twisted on.

 

What DAC/amp do you plug your headphones into?

post #5 of 7
Thread Starter 

I have the Schiit Magni/Modi stack

post #6 of 7

HE-400 seems like a good option. 

post #7 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post
 

 

I'm not familiar with the Q701 pads.

The HE pads do kind of have to be twisted on.

 

What DAC/amp do you plug your headphones into?

 

Got the Hifiman pads today, was a bit tricky too put on because it's slightly smaller but so far its more comfortable

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home