Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way hybrid universal IEM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way hybrid universal IEM - Page 69

post #1021 of 1058

I tried but unfortunately, IMO you can not listen to the satisfaction without equalizer.


Amen


 At this point I think in a bad tune.


If you can accept this is possibilile enjoy a decent sound

post #1022 of 1058

OK I'm finally able to like this IEM a bit using wide bore tips. I've also removed the mesh grill and replaced it with the thin stick on tip thing that came with the RE400s. I've restricted its use to trance music and I;m kind of happy. The mid-bass bloat is still and sometimes too much there but tamed enough for some enjoyment.  

post #1023 of 1058
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurxiii View Post

OK I'm finally able to like this IEM a bit using wide bore tips. I've also removed the mesh grill and replaced it with the thin stick on tip thing that came with the RE400s. I've restricted its use to trance music and I;m kind of happy. The mid-bass bloat is still and sometimes too much there but tamed enough for some enjoyment.  
Glad to hear. I will even admit, the mid bass is overwhelming at first listen, but after your ears adjust to them you start to appreciate the details and transparency that goes with the weighted lower midrange. Not to mention, they really do upscale well with the right DAC. I love these with my fiio e18
post #1024 of 1058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoundfi View Post


Glad to hear. I will even admit, the mid bass is overwhelming at first listen, but after your ears adjust to them you start to appreciate the details and transparency that goes with the weighted lower midrange. Not to mention, they really do upscale well with the right DAC. I love these with my fiio e18

Yeah removing the grill mesh helps tame that mid bass. I'm able to now appreciate the detail much more. I might not sell these now 

post #1025 of 1058
blink.gif

I might have to try that - assuming you're not joking. I've heard removing mesh increases treble response but never decreases mid bass...
post #1026 of 1058
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmatheis View Post

blink.gif

I might have to try that - assuming you're not joking. I've heard removing mesh increases treble response but never decreases mid bass...

Careful doing it I lost one in the process

I think it's the improved treble response that allows me to have the volume at the right level to tone down that midbass and still get enough clarity up top. Maybe it's just psychoacoustics
post #1027 of 1058
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurxiii View Post


Careful doing it I lost one in the process

I think it's the improved treble response that allows me to have the volume at the right level to tone down that midbass and still get enough clarity up top. Maybe it's just psychoacoustics



The other grill is here with me. :D 


Edited by H20Fidelity - 11/26/14 at 8:51pm
post #1028 of 1058
No, say it ain't so @H20Fidelity. You, too? Next thing you know everybody'll be removing mesh and filters like mochill and ozkan, lol 😜
post #1029 of 1058
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 



The other grill is here with me. :D 

Lol I thought I lost that.

post #1030 of 1058
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmatheis View Post

No, say it ain't so @H20Fidelity. You, too? Next thing you know everybody'll be removing mesh and filters like mochill and ozkan, lol 😜



That really is spurxiii other grill. (true story)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurxiii View Post
 

Lol I thought I lost that.


When they arrived to me (loan) it simply fell off straight away so I left it in the case.

post #1031 of 1058
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 



That really is spurxiii other grill. (true story)

 


When they arrived to me (loan) it simply fell off straight away so I left it in the case.

Yeah the DGS100 is not the best build quality

post #1032 of 1058
So @H20Fidelity, is this the magic DGS100 mod to rule all DGS100 mods?
post #1033 of 1058
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmatheis View Post

So @H20Fidelity, is this the magic DGS100 mod to rule all DGS100 mods?



I don't know, I only tried it with one side missing. =)

post #1034 of 1058

Yeah, but was that one side the best DGS100 earpiece you've ever heard???

post #1035 of 1058
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmatheis View Post
 

Yeah, but was that one side the best DGS100 earpiece you've ever heard???



They reminded me of laying in a car boot with a low pass filter set at 150Hz pushing out exessive mid-bass, while gangsters in the rear seat blew thick cigar smoke at me..

Not the worst experience, not the best one I've had. ;)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way hybrid universal IEM