or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

For Sale: WTS: RWAK120b

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
This Classified is Closed

For Sale:
WTS: RWAK120b

Will Ship To: Anywhere

I absolutely love my rwak120b.  It sounds fantastic.

 

Headfi'ers onlychild and stvc (the only people who I know who own both the ak240 and rwak120b) both prefer the sound quality of the rwak120b over the ak240.  http://www.head-fi.org/t/697166/the-astell-kern-ak240/4140#post_10702254

 

By the power of the transitive law, this means that the rwak120b is the one you want if you're looking for the best sound quality DAP.

 

My dilemma:  I'm going on a honeymoon to Borneo at the end of the month and my rwak120b setup looks too bomb-like for me to want to travel with.  I'd like to sell this to fund an ak240 for that reason.

 

I might end up reselling the ak240 and rebuying the rwak120b, that's how much I love the rwak120b, but in the meantime I need cash.

 

My rwak120b is in perfect condition- no dings or scratches.  I'll post more pictures upon inquiry- but basically, it looks just like an rwak120b.

 

If I don't get any offers by the time I honeymoon, I'll just keep it.  I think this DAP is one of the most criminally undervalued DAPs on the market (in no small part due to iRiver's terrible marketing strategy of releasing a new DAP every 6months).

 

Most things head-fi hit diminishing returns pretty quickly, but I believe that about a thousand bucks for this is a steal.

 

Paypal gift or buyer pays fees.  Shipping fees are negotiable.  I prefer to sell domestic, but will entertain international offers.

 

I also have an alo international and a pico slim amp for sale as well and can sell those with this for a discounted price.

 

Thanks for looking,

Chris

 

edit: not interested in any trades at this time except for cables balanced for ak240 


Edited by ChrisSC - 9/6/14 at 5:00pm
post #2 of 14
Here's another link to a more in-depth comparison I did.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/697166/the-astell-kern-ak240/4185#post_10703606


I finally caved and sold my 120-b last week and reordered the ak240. I know I will probably regret it, but I got tired of caring the stack around. I'm only use IEMs (Roxanne's) If you are definitely going to use an amp (especially with full size headphones), and are looking for one of the best sounding portable dacs around, look no further.
post #3 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlychild View Post

Here's another link to a more in-depth comparison I did.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/697166/the-astell-kern-ak240/4185#post_10703606


I finally caved and sold my 120-b last week and reordered the ak240. I know I will probably regret it, but I got tired of caring the stack around. I'm only use IEMs (Roxanne's) If you are definitely going to use an amp (especially with full size headphones), and are looking for one of the best sounding portable dacs around, look no further.

Thanks for the link!  After rereading those impressions it makes it even harder to part with this :o

 

I can't imagine the ak240 (or any portable dap really) sounding any better than my rwak120b setup- best dac chips in a dap + fully dedicated external amp = endgame.  Hopefully it finds a new home with someone who'll love it as much as me.  :) 

post #4 of 14
It's a great DAP and I would love to buy it, but in all honesty, it doesn't look like a bomb! Unless you have shady shifty eyes, a guilty wry grin, then of course...haha. If they ever suspect you, let then have a listen and they'll be blown away (not the right pun though heh)
post #5 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrince425 View Post

It's a great DAP and I would love to buy it, but in all honesty, it doesn't look like a bomb! Unless you have shady shifty eyes, a guilty wry grin, then of course...haha. If they ever suspect you, let then have a listen and they'll be blown away (not the right pun though heh)

 

In all fairness it doesn't look that bomb-like in appearance, but we are flying Malaysia Airlines and with all that's happened with them, I don't want to make international headlines along the lines of "Plane Forced to Make Emergency Landing Due to Confusing an Audiophile for a Terrorist."...

 

....Although it would make for a memorable honeymoon :biggrin: 


Edited by ChrisSC - 9/6/14 at 8:12pm
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSC View Post
 

 

In all fairness it doesn't look that bomb-like in appearance, but we are flying Malaysia Airlines and with all that's happened with them, I don't want to make international headlines along the lines of "Plane Forced to Make Emergency Landing Due to Confusing an Audiophile for a Terrorist."...

 

....Although it would make for a memorable honeymoon :biggrin: 

You are honestly flying MAL? Wow, brave man! When do you go away so I know how long I have to get some $ up? Or you could just leave it to me in your will? ;-)

post #7 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtonyt View Post
 

You are honestly flying MAL? Wow, brave man! When do you go away so I know how long I have to get some $ up? Or you could just leave it to me in your will? ;-)

well, our wedding vows do say "till death do us part" :rolleyes:

 

we're flying out Sept 28th and (hopefully) returning the October 14th :biggrin: 

post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlychild View Post

I finally caved and sold my 120-b last week 

 

Wait, what?! You sold it last week?! You wrote that post on Thursday, and I bought it off you on Saturday. Should I be worried?


Edited by crowdedthehouse - 9/7/14 at 11:12am
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowdedthehouse View Post

You wrote that post on Thursday, and I bought it off you on Saturday. Should I be worried?

 

He wrote that post 21 hours ago?

post #10 of 14

Mixed up. I meant I bought it off him on Thursday, yet a few days later, 20 hours ago, he says he sold it last week?

post #11 of 14
By last week, I kind of meant sat. Off by a few days. You are the only person I sold it to. Don't worry, it's on the way over to you now.
post #12 of 14
Alrighty. Ygpm btw
post #13 of 14
Thread Starter 

Hopefully everything is sorted out now.  Moving forward, please just PM each other as there are already too many posts in this ad that aren't getting me any closer to a sale :biggrin:

 

Thanks guys,

 

Chris

post #14 of 14
GLWS, for anyone interested this really is an amazing DAP. I have hard time hearing differences between things, but the Rwak120b really blows away any DAP I've heard I live my Rwak120b, it's one of my best purchases to date.I can't imagine anyone being disappointed in the sound.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home