or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 - Page 26

post #376 of 3798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinerenblanc View Post

I'm sorry, but if a headphone requires 300-400 hours of burn in, it's not worth the money. That's potentially over 16 days. No headphone is worth that hassle. 

Is it really that much hassle to leave it plugged in with music playing while you're not listening to it?

Assuming you like the headphone the 16 days becomes pretty inconsequential after a couple of years of enjoyment.

Each to their own I guess
post #377 of 3798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spadge View Post


Is it really that much hassle to leave it plugged in with music playing while you're not listening to it?

Assuming you like the headphone the 16 days becomes pretty inconsequential after a couple of years of enjoyment.

Each to their own I guess

I just have very different standards when it comes to spending my money. I'm a firm believer that items should be working at their best out of the box. Especially if I'm paying a premium for it. You don't get a haircut and wait for it to look better when it grows out. A bad hair cut is a bad haircut. Well, that's the way it is with electronics anyway. Of course that's not a completely parallel comparison, but you get the point. My rationale is just very different from yours. Additionally, I'm not really a believer of burn-in. I see it as more of a placebo effect. 

post #378 of 3798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinerenblanc View Post
 

I just have very different standards when it comes to spending my money. I'm a firm believer that items should be working at their best out of the box. Especially if I'm paying a premium for it. You don't get a haircut and wait for it to look better when it grows out. A bad hair cut is a bad haircut. Well, that's the way it is with electronics anyway. Of course that's not a completely parallel comparison, but you get the point. My rationale is just very different from yours. Additionally, I'm not really a believer of burn-in. I see it as more of a placebo effect. 


There is nothing called a burn in,,its brain burn in.(in my opinion)

 

Example-------

 

Leave gr07(burned set) for 1-2 months and u won't be able to withstand the sibilance.

Listen to havi for a week and gr07 seems shrill and piercing immediately.

 

But this becomes fine when u give some listening and the brain adapts.

 

This is my experience,,,others can have different opinions.

post #379 of 3798
I reject your reality and posit my own - The Z5 needs no less than 967 hours and 23 minutes of burn in to reach its full potential. It has been decreed. Please leave this summit and only come back after these conditions have been met. A Sherpa will escort you to the bottom
post #380 of 3798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

I reject your reality and posit my own - The Z5 needs no less than 967 hours and 23 minutes of burn in to reach its full potential. It has been decreed. Please leave this summit and only come back after these conditions have been met. A Sherpa will escort you to the bottom

:blink:

 

Dammit,,now i have to go to himalayas for the burn in process??:eek:

post #381 of 3798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinerenblanc View Post
 

I'm sorry, but if a headphone requires 300-400 hours of burn in, it's not worth the money. That's potentially over 16 days. No headphone is worth that hassle. 

No, they sound very well right from the box..But they change with hours and get better and better. Could be a placebo effect partly, who knows...


Edited by qsk78 - 11/3/14 at 2:53am
post #382 of 3798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

I reject your reality and posit my own - The Z5 needs no less than 967 hours and 23 minutes of burn in to reach its full potential. It has been decreed. Please leave this summit and only come back after these conditions have been met. A Sherpa will escort you to the bottom
Ahhh, that's nothing really. Wait till you see how long I've been burning-in some of my headphones. They're still plugged in to my home rig. Some of them smell a bit burnt, though. Is this what they mean by burning them in?? ph34r.gif
post #383 of 3798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolent View Post


Ahhh, that's nothing really. Wait till you see how long I've been burning-in some of my headphones. They're still plugged in to my home rig. Some of them smell a bit burnt, though. Is this what they mean by burning them in?? ph34r.gif


Burn in is the biggest bu**s*it since religion:veryevil:

Just like religion u can  make a lot of enemies by going against it.

post #384 of 3798
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post
 


Burn in is the biggest bu**s*it since religion:veryevil:

Just like religion u can  make a lot of enemies by going against it.

You have the right to say whatever you want, but I just want to let you know that you are absolutely wrong. Right out of the box, my AKG K701 sounded worse than my Beats Pro. But one day, God came out of my dream and told me to perform a certain ritual with my K701, and exactly after 397 hours and 11 minutes it will sound better than Sennheiser HD800. I did it, and couple of days later I am proud to enlighten the people around world through the internet, that my AKG K701 is the best sounding headphone in the world straight out of iPhone 6. Oh and one more thing, I have never told a single lie since my first birthday. Only the truth come out of my mouth.

 

What does all this mean? Burn in is real, and all non-believers are simply blind.

post #385 of 3798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boffy View Post
 

You have the right to say whatever you want, but I just want to let you know that you are absolutely wrong. Right out of the box, my AKG K701 sounded worse than my Beats Pro. But one day, God came out of my dream and told me to perform a certain ritual with my K701, and exactly after 397 hours and 11 minutes it will sound better than Sennheiser HD800. I did it, and couple of days later I am proud to enlighten the people around world through the internet, that my AKG K701 is the best sounding headphone in the world straight out of iPhone 6. Oh and one more thing, I have never told a single lie since my first birthday. Only the truth come out of my mouth.

 

What does all this mean? Burn in is real, and all non-believers are simply blind.


Well as i said,,,opinions differ.

I never said burn in is a myth...............i only said that its brain burn in;),,that said it can never be proved or disproved so lets amicably end it here.

post #386 of 3798
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post


Well as i said,,,opinions differ.
I never said burn in is a myth...............i only said that its brain burn in;) ,,that said it can never be proved or disproved so lets amicably end it here.

http://www.wired.com/2013/11/tnhyui-earphone-burn-in/
http://www.tested.com/tech/accessories/459117-science-and-myth-burning-headphones/
post #387 of 3798
post #388 of 3798
Hmmm looks like a bunch of people are bored waiting for some real reviews and general product availability... wink.gif
post #389 of 3798
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post
 


As i said i believe in brain burn in:p

In case you haven't noticed, I was just completely messing around XD. I am not a believer in a burn in either. 

post #390 of 3798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boffy View Post
 

In case you haven't noticed, I was just completely messing around XD. I am not a believer in a burn in either. 


Yeah man,,got ur hours joke a little late:confused_face:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5