- 95 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Help Please! I need to buy a headphone. Guidance wld be much appreciated Last post on 1/18/13 at 7:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a new Over Ear sealed headphone Last post on 12/18/14 at 5:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda M-100 or ATH-M50? Last post on 8/31/14 at 7:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- From iems to headphones | Help needed Last post on 7/21/14 at 2:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V Moda M100s worth the upgrade from Audio Technica ATH-M50s? Last post on 4/23/14 at 11:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
So, these are quite good, actually. But I am not as impressed as I should be after paying 500 Euro. There are some very nice things here, but also some very bad ones, and some silly...
Well, I am really happy that these headphones exist, although I am angry with the designers for ruining something almost perfect with a stupid detail like too thin earpads. But, let's start...
If you are looking for an inexpensive USB cable, this is an OK way to spend your money. It will reduce some of the digital irritants and sounds better than the "comes with" usb cables packaged...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Best Headphones For Metal Music
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So, you want your V-Moda size and build wise but don't like the sound?
I've the V-Moda M100 and head the Aiaiai TMA-1 and Beats Solo HD before them and the V-Moda are the best of the three for Disturbed, Metallica and Soil. The TMA-1 were on par with Eminem, Snoop Dog and Run DMC though.
Every time someone asks about Metal Earphones on the forums, somebody mentions Grado! I've not heard any of these but they seem to be something of a golden standard for everything rock.
The TMA-1 were a little slow and dark for metal.
I tried the M50 in a local store. Don't you have the chance to do so?
I've read about the Sony MDR-10 in another thread here and they seem to be a very nice headphone for under 100$.
While not over ear, the HD25-1 II are great headphones for Metal. They can be had for $150-200 and are built like a tank. Extremely portable and can easily be run off of a portable device.
Again, these are on ear, but for closed, portable headphones for Metal, you likely won't do better than these.
- Best Headphones For Metal Music
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 5 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 36 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD-428 / HD-428s Modding Guide - January 2013 50 seconds ago
- › tube or ss amp for HD800 ? 2 minutes ago
- › [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 4 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 5 minutes ago
- › No balanced! WHY?!! 5 minutes ago
- › Vape-Fi 6 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2