- 95 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Help Please! I need to buy a headphone. Guidance wld be much appreciated Last post on 1/18/13 at 7:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a new Over Ear sealed headphone Last post on 12/18/14 at 5:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda M-100 or ATH-M50? Last post on 8/31/14 at 7:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- From iems to headphones | Help needed Last post on 7/21/14 at 2:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V Moda M100s worth the upgrade from Audio Technica ATH-M50s? Last post on 4/23/14 at 11:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
This is my first audiophile grade headphone and I truly believe that this is a brilliant introduction to how awesome music can sound! I live is South Africa, a country that is renowned for...
When i bough these i had no id'ea how they would sound. I read some reviews but it is a iem that was flying under the radar and kind of hide in the shadow of the BA200 which is TDK's flagship (...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australasian tour arranged by Brooko, thank you very much for including me in this tour. Introduction I am just another music fans in this world, I...
First and foremost, I have experience with several different headphones, namely much of the Ultrasone series (Pro 900, Pro 750), Denon D2000, D5000, and Fostex TH600. I mainly deal with closed back...
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Best Headphones For Metal Music
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So, you want your V-Moda size and build wise but don't like the sound?
I've the V-Moda M100 and head the Aiaiai TMA-1 and Beats Solo HD before them and the V-Moda are the best of the three for Disturbed, Metallica and Soil. The TMA-1 were on par with Eminem, Snoop Dog and Run DMC though.
Every time someone asks about Metal Earphones on the forums, somebody mentions Grado! I've not heard any of these but they seem to be something of a golden standard for everything rock.
The TMA-1 were a little slow and dark for metal.
I tried the M50 in a local store. Don't you have the chance to do so?
I've read about the Sony MDR-10 in another thread here and they seem to be a very nice headphone for under 100$.
While not over ear, the HD25-1 II are great headphones for Metal. They can be had for $150-200 and are built like a tank. Extremely portable and can easily be run off of a portable device.
Again, these are on ear, but for closed, portable headphones for Metal, you likely won't do better than these.
- Best Headphones For Metal Music
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 2 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › New Kennerton ODIN (Planar Magnetic), MAGISTER, VALI... 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 4 minutes ago
- › New Fostex RP open-backed planar magnetic headphone, TH500RP!... 4 minutes ago
- › how to mp3s on a home stereo without using a computer...? 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › Rant - unresanable buyer wants to return items. 7 minutes ago
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by biggysmalls
- › TDK IE800 by Arvan
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by daduy
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2