- 95 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Help Please! I need to buy a headphone. Guidance wld be much appreciated Last post on 1/18/13 at 7:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a new Over Ear sealed headphone Last post on 12/18/14 at 5:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda M-100 or ATH-M50? Last post on 8/31/14 at 7:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- From iems to headphones | Help needed Last post on 7/21/14 at 2:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V Moda M100s worth the upgrade from Audio Technica ATH-M50s? Last post on 4/23/14 at 11:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Best Headphones For Metal Music
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So, you want your V-Moda size and build wise but don't like the sound?
I've the V-Moda M100 and head the Aiaiai TMA-1 and Beats Solo HD before them and the V-Moda are the best of the three for Disturbed, Metallica and Soil. The TMA-1 were on par with Eminem, Snoop Dog and Run DMC though.
Every time someone asks about Metal Earphones on the forums, somebody mentions Grado! I've not heard any of these but they seem to be something of a golden standard for everything rock.
The TMA-1 were a little slow and dark for metal.
I tried the M50 in a local store. Don't you have the chance to do so?
I've read about the Sony MDR-10 in another thread here and they seem to be a very nice headphone for under 100$.
While not over ear, the HD25-1 II are great headphones for Metal. They can be had for $150-200 and are built like a tank. Extremely portable and can easily be run off of a portable device.
Again, these are on ear, but for closed, portable headphones for Metal, you likely won't do better than these.
- Best Headphones For Metal Music
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 16 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Digital Interface 3 minutes ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 3 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet, 4th Edition -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2015... 5 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 5 minutes ago
- › I've got a turntable... 5 minutes ago
- › Anyone know any similar songs, pieces to these, and in what genre... 7 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2