Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › audio-gd C-2 Class A
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

audio-gd C-2 Class A - Page 7

post #91 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Junyuan View Post

What did you end up deciding to do?
I'm actually just about to move to another city to start a new degree at the ripe old age of 25 haha. So amp/DAC upgrades will need to wait. I'll probably end up with either a C2/nfb3 stack or a nfb29. But then again if I'm going to be a student I probably won't be upgrading anytime soon. Will just have to live vicariously through you!
post #92 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundsgoodtome View Post
 

So I just got this amp and will be pairing it with my HE560. I'll post impressions for sure but I have a good feeling about it.

In the mean time does anyone know if the 3-pin mini-XLR input is just that, a mini-XLR input? Audio-GD has it marked as ACSS input on their website but I have no idea what that is even when reading their explanation ACSS is.. Can someone shine some light on that aspect? Can I plug in my Yulong D100 to it via XLR line out to mini XLR on the back of the C-2 or is ACSS something else?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodgey4 View Post
 

It's a transmission in the current domain, not voltage like most amps work. So, no, I don't think that is a good idea.


Well that's good to know! Could've messed up my amp without even getting it yet lol. I guess I'm stuck with running an XLR ot RCA cable as I'm currently using the line-out of my DAC (Yulong D100) to my stereo. I was hoping the mini-xlr was just that, a line level input but if it isn't then that's a bit of a let down. I wonder if the XLR to RCA cable has the same shielding benefit for long rungs, in my case only 25ft, as a balanced XLR to XLR.

post #93 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundsgoodtome View Post
 

 


Well that's good to know! Could've messed up my amp without even getting it yet lol. I guess I'm stuck with running an XLR ot RCA cable as I'm currently using the line-out of my DAC (Yulong D100) to my stereo. I was hoping the mini-xlr was just that, a line level input but if it isn't then that's a bit of a let down. I wonder if the XLR to RCA cable has the same shielding benefit for long rungs, in my case only 25ft, as a balanced XLR to XLR.

 

The ACSS is used to connect Audio-gd DACs and amps only. It is of no use with other products :]

 

Also, very interested in your thoughts about the HE-560 pairing! I currently run the SA31SE, so very curios :)

post #94 of 105
ACSS can work with Krell products as well, though I'd check with Kingwa.

Can't wait for the review, either!
post #95 of 105

Dear HeadFiers,

Sorry If I have overlooked something, but how the sound of C-2 Class A compares to other amps in the market?  To Burson, Violectric, Questyle, Schiit and many others?


Edited by Synthax - 2/14/15 at 10:41am
post #96 of 105
Originally i wanted to get the gustard h10 (v200 clone) but after seeing someone selling a C-2 C A locally i jumped on it.

I've had the project Ember, project Polaris, and currently have the matrix m stage. I can get a comparison on those as at one point I've had them all with my he560.
post #97 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundsgoodtome View Post

Originally i wanted to get the gustard h10 (v200 clone) but after seeing someone selling a C-2 C A locally i jumped on it.

I've had the project Ember, project Polaris, and currently have the matrix m stage. I can get a comparison on those as at one point I've had them all with my he560.


So haw about comparing to Matrix?

post #98 of 105
I'm gong to need a week or two, still getting my opamp for the matrix and I want to get the recommended 300 hrs runtime on the c2ca before getting impressions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthax View Post


So haw about comparing to Matrix?
post #99 of 105

OK :)

 

A_Man_Waiting_and_Checking_the_Time_on_His_Watch_Royalty_Free_Clipart_Picture_110206-162533-082053.jpg

post #100 of 105
Teaser, a temp setup but enough to get everything together without moving much.

Spoiler alert:
I've sold my M-Stage so comparison will be done possibly tonight and/or tomorrow.
Edited by Soundsgoodtome - 2/22/15 at 1:28pm
post #101 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthax View Post
 

OK :)

 

A_Man_Waiting_and_Checking_the_Time_on_His_Watch_Royalty_Free_Clipart_Picture_110206-162533-082053.jpg

 

LOL

 

 

 

I hope Kingwa updates this and the NFB-6 with a volume knob. I really don't like the older style with the buttons. 

 

Anyone compare this or the NFB-6 or SA31 to the Soloist? 

post #102 of 105

Well I haven't heard any amp from Audio-GD.

 

However, the C-2 Class A and the NFB-6 are the only amps I know of in their price bracket that offer a relay attenuator volume control. The majority of amps on the market are still using volume pots, while I have moved to digital volume just to remove the pot from the signal chain. The problem with digital volume is that I have very limited dynamic range to adjust the volume, so the gain on the amp has to be spot on for the cans. This is quite impossible when you have multiple very different cans.

 

On a different note, I want a volume knob too, but I guess I can live with the buttons if it's cheaper haha. I don't think implementing the volume knob would cost too much since I don't think they even need a motorized pot (which costs $$) with the remote control due to their digital relay attenuator.

 

If anyone has heard the C-2 with the HD650s post your impressions please!

post #103 of 105

I was so close to affording one.  :(

Now so far.

 

In the mean time, I would also appreciate a comparison versus the M-Stage for the heck of it.  Not that I don't expect the dark and colored-sounding M-Stage to lose miserably.

post #104 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundsgoodtome View Post

I'm gong to need a week or two, still getting my opamp for the matrix and I want to get the recommended 300 hrs runtime on the c2ca before getting impressions.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundsgoodtome View Post


Spoiler alert:
I've sold my M-Stage so comparison will be done possibly tonight and/or tomorrow.

 

Any impressions to share with us?

post #105 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundsgoodtome View Post

Teaser, a temp setup but enough to get everything together without moving much.

Spoiler alert:
I've sold my M-Stage so comparison will be done possibly tonight and/or tomorrow.

 

Oh man, that C2 Amp is huge...!

Waiting for your impressions as well...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › audio-gd C-2 Class A