Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › audio-gd C-2 Class A
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

audio-gd C-2 Class A

post #1 of 70
Thread Starter 
Could this be the best price/performance amp for orthos?

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/C-2Class%20A/C2classAEN.htm

It also has the "warmer" sound tuning jumper options of the SA31.
Edited by borrego - 8/26/14 at 5:01am
post #2 of 70

Sweet!  Can't wait to get one!

post #3 of 70

If it's really a single-ended Master 9 then it would be quite a bargain. Thinking about pairing this with the HE560..

post #4 of 70

I saw this and was like :eek:!!!!!!  I might pick this up.  FYI Audio-GD's promo prices are usually pretty good so if anyone is thinking about getting one, now's the time.

post #5 of 70
Is this the replacement for the SA-31?
post #6 of 70
Thread Starter 
The C2 Class A is supposed to be combining the best of two audio-gd features: the CASS pre-amp volume control + diamond output buffer of the SA series devices.

Too bad it is too long a device to fit on my desk.
post #7 of 70

Seems like a great amp for the price.. too bad no one ordered one yet.  audio-gd has so many models I feel like they could get more hype if they focused on fewer models

. Just noticed there is no volume knob :(
Edited by uncola - 9/23/14 at 10:08pm
post #8 of 70

You like a knob instead of buttons?

It seems to be able to use a remote control for selecting volume level and inputs/outputs, I don't know if it is separate or one is included already.

$50 for each additional remote strikes me as a bit much for a remote, though.

post #9 of 70

Oh, that's a good point.  If it has a remote I guess that's as good as a knob, just make sure you never lose the remote

post #10 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post

You like a knob instead of buttons?
It seems to be able to use a remote control for selecting volume level and inputs/outputs, I don't know if it is separate or one is included already.
$50 for each additional remote strikes me as a bit much for a remote, though.
The extra $50 remote is made from block of steel,very heavy and sturdy,they also include a back up circuit board, the free remote included is cheaply made from plastic,much smaller smily_headphones1.gif
post #11 of 70
Here's hoping somebody with an HD800 reviews this no-feedback amp while it's still available at promo pricing...
post #12 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekingduck View Post
 

If it's really a single-ended Master 9 then it would be quite a bargain. Thinking about pairing this with the HE560..

Did you ever try this with your He-560? I am looking for a more powerful amp for mine

post #13 of 70
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyJacks View Post
 

Did you ever try this with your He-560? I am looking for a more powerful amp for mine

 

Base on my experience with other Audio-gd CASS products (NFB-1 and Maser 1), the C2 Class A will be a very good match with the HE-560. Not because it is powerful, but more because it is a "fast" amp (all CASS circuits are fast) and with low output impedance to better control the huge, but single side magnet control only HE-500 diaphragm.

 

Some other SS high power amps like the Beta22 are not fast enough.

post #14 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyJacks View Post
 

Did you ever try this with your He-560? I am looking for a more powerful amp for mine

Sorry I haven't even purchased the HE560.

post #15 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by borrego View Post
 

 

Base on my experience with other Audio-gd CASS products (NFB-1 and Maser 1), the C2 Class A will be a very good match with the HE-560. Not because it is powerful, but more because it is a "fast" amp (all CASS circuits are fast) and with low output impedance to better control the huge, but single side magnet control only HE-500 diaphragm.

 

Some other SS high power amps like the Beta22 are not fast enough.

second this, m9 is the fastest amp i have ever heard, still good resolution, control and smoothness 

very curious about c2 amp since i think based on the same design topology, c2 only needs to achieve about 70%-80% of m9 in single-end mode to be the best p/p ss amp in <$1000 bracket

have been a shameless fangirl of agd for such long time, i think the chance is very high since agd mid level have very high performance and not far from their totl products

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › audio-gd C-2 Class A