- 2,935 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: Lenexa, KS
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBlue Microphonestagged by joe, 11/18/14
- productBlue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with Integrated Audiophile Amplifiertagged by joe, 11/18/14
- productHiFiMAN HE-560tagged by nightmancometh, 9/12/14
- productV-MODA XStagged by nightmancometh, 9/12/14
Related Forum Threads
- Blue Microphone Mo-Fi or Parrot Zik 2.0? Last post on 7/2/15 at 3:08pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help: Static Pops with HIFIMAN HE-560 Planar Headphones. What's up? Last post on 11/9/15 at 5:04pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Good non-leaking over ear headphones for office use (~$400) Last post on 2/15/15 at 12:09am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Just got some Beyerdynamic T1s, question. Last post on 2/15/15 at 3:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for advice on a new set of headphones and more - Seriously needing help Last post on 3/9/15 at 11:59pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
INTRODUCTION I have received FiiO DK1 directly from FiiO company in exchange for my honest opinion (as you will surely find out soon). BACKGROUND This will be short, since you don't...
I do like this headphone quite a bit although I'll be the first to say that I have a soft spot for Beyer phones being my first taste of the audiophile world. This is a review of a...
When I was a child in the '80s, one of my neighbour's kids, a gloriously goofy-looking guy of the era, was always out on his driveway fixing his motorbikes, then later, his car, a vintage Ford V8....
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified Headphone Goodness - Head-Fi TV - Page 3post #31 of 3808/25/14 at 11:59pmSorry, mostly tired and not about to rewatch the video this late. Did Jude say the sound was competitive at it's price range before considering the value of the amp, or would it be more reasonable to assume the sound is competitive after you discount the estimated value of the amp? Been looking at various closed headphones lately and trying to put together a short list, and the innovation alone has my curiosity piqued.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 3808/26/14 at 12:03ampost #33 of 3808/26/14 at 12:07ampost #34 of 3808/26/14 at 12:13amQuote:
So the headphone knows when you're wearing it? (some sort of switch/actuator in the headband?)post #35 of 3808/26/14 at 12:15ampost #36 of 3808/26/14 at 12:16amQuote:Originally Posted by GREQ
So the headphone knows when you're wearing it? (some sort of switch/actuator in the headband?)
That would be interesting, but it's probably more along the lines of turning off after x seconds of no input from the source.post #37 of 3808/26/14 at 12:17amThread StarterQuote:
Yes, the headband closing when you take the Mo-Fi off turns its amp off. Putting around my neck doesn't shut it off, though.post #38 of 3808/26/14 at 12:20ampost #39 of 3808/26/14 at 12:25amQuote:
To me that's the coolest thing about it.
It's the attention to little details that makes this headphone interesting... because I think it's one of the ugliest I've ever seen.post #40 of 3808/26/14 at 12:28ampost #41 of 3808/26/14 at 12:38amQuote:Originally Posted by Drtonyt
Fantastic Review Jude! These look incredible! They sort of remind me of a Parrot Zik? Before you said the price I was expecting a $500+ price tag, especially with the built in Amp but I was pleasantly surprised at the US$349! If these sound half as good as you make them out to be I will be in for a pair for sure! Any word on the retail release date? I see on their website they have a countdown with 5 hours left? Is this when they will be on sale?
Thanks again Jude.
They're on sale now.post #42 of 3808/26/14 at 12:43ampost #43 of 3808/26/14 at 1:01ampost #44 of 3808/26/14 at 2:02am
- Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified Headphone Goodness - Head-Fi TV
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Chicago area headphone meet - August 13th 2016 - ChiUniFi 14 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Modi Multibit DAC 1 minute ago
- › Who are you going to vote for? 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 2 minutes ago
- › What computer speakers to get? 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Hello, I'd love some suggestions. 3 minutes ago
- › Denver summer meet, 2016 - August 27 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO Multifunction Dock (DK1) by OSiRiSsk
- › beyerdynamic DT 1770 PRO Studio Headphones by Soundsgoodtome
- › Chord DAVE by Currawong
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...