- 2,760 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: Lenexa, KS
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBlue Microphonestagged by joe, 11/18/14
- productBlue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with Integrated Audiophile Amplifiertagged by joe, 11/18/14
- productHiFiMAN HE-560tagged by nightmancometh, 9/12/14
- productV-MODA XStagged by nightmancometh, 9/12/14
Related Forum Threads
- Blue Microphone Mo-Fi or Parrot Zik 2.0? Last post on 7/2/15 at 3:08pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help: Static Pops with HIFIMAN HE-560 Planar Headphones. What's up? Last post on 11/9/15 at 5:04pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Good non-leaking over ear headphones for office use (~$400) Last post on 2/15/15 at 12:09am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Just got some Beyerdynamic T1s, question. Last post on 2/15/15 at 3:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for advice on a new set of headphones and more - Seriously needing help Last post on 3/9/15 at 11:59pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
I first used these as monitoring headphones for recording. They quickly moved out of my home studio and now I use them everywhere. I have one pair at home and one pair at work. I also take them...
The Good: Price/Quality ratio; Comfort; Bass quality/quantity; Musicality; Imaging. The Bad: Requires a powerful amplifier. Tonal Balance: V-Shaped Style: Circumaural semi-open. Cost: $250 at...
Xduoo X3 review : After two months of daily use, the Xduoo X3 give me already enough pleasure to make me want to share my enthusiast impressions about him to headfiers around the...
Coming from Sennheiser HD-600, 580s, Ety ER-4s, Fiio X1s, AKG 701s, Momentum 2.0s, etc. I didn't know exactly what to expect out of this headphones. They are, after all, Sonys. And Sony can build...
Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified Headphone Goodness - Head-Fi TV - Page 3post #31 of 3798/25/14 at 11:59pmSorry, mostly tired and not about to rewatch the video this late. Did Jude say the sound was competitive at it's price range before considering the value of the amp, or would it be more reasonable to assume the sound is competitive after you discount the estimated value of the amp? Been looking at various closed headphones lately and trying to put together a short list, and the innovation alone has my curiosity piqued.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 3798/26/14 at 12:03ampost #33 of 3798/26/14 at 12:07ampost #34 of 3798/26/14 at 12:13amQuote:
So the headphone knows when you're wearing it? (some sort of switch/actuator in the headband?)post #35 of 3798/26/14 at 12:15ampost #36 of 3798/26/14 at 12:16amQuote:Originally Posted by GREQ
So the headphone knows when you're wearing it? (some sort of switch/actuator in the headband?)
That would be interesting, but it's probably more along the lines of turning off after x seconds of no input from the source.post #37 of 3798/26/14 at 12:17amThread StarterQuote:
Yes, the headband closing when you take the Mo-Fi off turns its amp off. Putting around my neck doesn't shut it off, though.post #38 of 3798/26/14 at 12:20ampost #39 of 3798/26/14 at 12:25amQuote:
To me that's the coolest thing about it.
It's the attention to little details that makes this headphone interesting... because I think it's one of the ugliest I've ever seen.post #40 of 3798/26/14 at 12:28ampost #41 of 3798/26/14 at 12:38amQuote:Originally Posted by Drtonyt
Fantastic Review Jude! These look incredible! They sort of remind me of a Parrot Zik? Before you said the price I was expecting a $500+ price tag, especially with the built in Amp but I was pleasantly surprised at the US$349! If these sound half as good as you make them out to be I will be in for a pair for sure! Any word on the retail release date? I see on their website they have a countdown with 5 hours left? Is this when they will be on sale?
Thanks again Jude.
They're on sale now.post #42 of 3798/26/14 at 12:43ampost #43 of 3798/26/14 at 1:01ampost #44 of 3798/26/14 at 2:02am
- Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified Headphone Goodness - Head-Fi TV
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Conductor Air pocket sized USB DAC, Headphone Amp, Remote... 4 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Open Ear Headphones Under $400 6 minutes ago
- › Cayin iHA-6 - the new "affordable reference" class balanced desktop... 6 minutes ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 7 minutes ago
- › Grace Design x Massdrop m9XX DAC/Amp Review: First Impressions 7 minutes ago
- › Lotoo PAW 5000: Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 9 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 10 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...