- 2,017 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: Austin, TX
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBlue Microphonestagged by joe, 11/18/14
- productBlue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with Integrated Audiophile Amplifiertagged by joe, 11/18/14
- productHiFiMAN HE-560tagged by nightmancometh, 9/12/14
- productV-MODA XStagged by nightmancometh, 9/12/14
Related Forum Threads
- Blue Microphone Mo-Fi or Parrot Zik 2.0? Last post on 7/2/15 at 3:08pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help: Static Pops with HIFIMAN HE-560 Planar Headphones. What's up? Last post on 4/30/15 at 1:14pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Good non-leaking over ear headphones for office use (~$400) Last post on 2/15/15 at 12:09am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Just got some Beyerdynamic T1s, question. Last post on 2/15/15 at 3:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for advice on a new set of headphones and more - Seriously needing help Last post on 3/9/15 at 11:59pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/14/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
The joys of reviewing a favorite product have eluded yours truly, until the T20 from RHA (Reid & Heath Acoustics) came along, supplied for review by my good friends at Headphone Zone...
A few years back, my family and I underwent a rather large home renovation (including not having a kitchen for 10 weeks; suffice it to say I was sick of take-out food after the summer of 2014). As...
INTRO I purchased these made in China headphones on a whim out of curiosity as the design looked really cool and to see what Audioquest might be thinking with their first foray in to...
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
(note: pictures included are not mine, I grabbed them from the net to make the article easier to read) I've had these for well over a year and used them at least 5 days-a-week during that...
Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified Headphone Goodness - Head-Fi TV - Page 3post #31 of 3578/25/14 at 11:59pmSorry, mostly tired and not about to rewatch the video this late. Did Jude say the sound was competitive at it's price range before considering the value of the amp, or would it be more reasonable to assume the sound is competitive after you discount the estimated value of the amp? Been looking at various closed headphones lately and trying to put together a short list, and the innovation alone has my curiosity piqued.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 3578/26/14 at 12:03ampost #33 of 3578/26/14 at 12:07ampost #34 of 3578/26/14 at 12:13amQuote:
So the headphone knows when you're wearing it? (some sort of switch/actuator in the headband?)post #35 of 3578/26/14 at 12:15ampost #36 of 3578/26/14 at 12:16amQuote:Originally Posted by GREQ
So the headphone knows when you're wearing it? (some sort of switch/actuator in the headband?)
That would be interesting, but it's probably more along the lines of turning off after x seconds of no input from the source.post #37 of 3578/26/14 at 12:17amThread StarterQuote:
Yes, the headband closing when you take the Mo-Fi off turns its amp off. Putting around my neck doesn't shut it off, though.post #38 of 3578/26/14 at 12:20ampost #39 of 3578/26/14 at 12:25amQuote:
To me that's the coolest thing about it.
It's the attention to little details that makes this headphone interesting... because I think it's one of the ugliest I've ever seen.post #40 of 3578/26/14 at 12:28ampost #41 of 3578/26/14 at 12:38amQuote:Originally Posted by Drtonyt
Fantastic Review Jude! These look incredible! They sort of remind me of a Parrot Zik? Before you said the price I was expecting a $500+ price tag, especially with the built in Amp but I was pleasantly surprised at the US$349! If these sound half as good as you make them out to be I will be in for a pair for sure! Any word on the retail release date? I see on their website they have a countdown with 5 hours left? Is this when they will be on sale?
Thanks again Jude.
They're on sale now.post #42 of 3578/26/14 at 12:43ampost #43 of 3578/26/14 at 1:01ampost #44 of 3578/26/14 at 2:02am
- Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified Headphone Goodness - Head-Fi TV
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Audeze Deckard - class A amp, USB DAC 27 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 49 seconds ago
- › [Wanted] He audio Jade headphones 1 minute ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Four Choices for Closed Over-Ears Under $300 3 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon Now Available 4 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs Element 5 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 6 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by ShreyasMax
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3