I am not happy with my current music setup for listening to music on my computer. Please see my previous thread, here. I basically need an upgrade in the DAC/AMP dept.
What I have setup:
* Audio Engine A5+ speakers
* SVS SB-1000 sub-woofer
*Audio Technica M-50s
Now here is where I think I'm lacking in the DAC/Amp department.
What I have currently in my possession:
* Audio Engine D1 DAC/AMP
This is my first DAC/AMP, I'm quite happy with the punchy bass and the overally synergy between it and my A5+ speakers, however, I noticed the sound is somewhat muddy. Also, the amp in there cannot handle my HD650s well.
I upgraded to
* Audinst MX2
Well, this wasn't quite the upgrade I was looking for. This is a good DAC/AMP, however, I think it does not need my requirements, and I will be sending it back to the seller. The bass is very lacking in my opinion. Although it is clearer than my D1s, it still requires the volume knob to be over 50% to drive my speakers, is this normal? Same with my HD650s, it is almost on 70%.
Here is what I need in my setup:
* Crystal clear sound: lows, mids, and highs (to the best my A5+s can support)
* Optical input. USB optional, I drive my PC with optical.
* Headphone jack
* Decent form factor, I don't want something too huge, but if that's my only option I will go for it this time. This is why I shyed away from the Audio-GD NFB-15.
* Price: At this point I'm upping my budget to $400
Can you please help me find what I am looking for? I looked at the review section in DAC/AMPS but I can't discern which will be ideal for my setup and wants, this is why I look to the community for assistance.
I appreciate you helping me.