Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Premier Sponsor Forums and Sponsor Forums › Sponsor Forums › FiiO › FiiO X5 firmware 2.20 download and discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO X5 firmware 2.20 download and discussion - Page 4

post #46 of 182
The thing I would like most in an update would be either a bass/treble adjustment like the x3 or e17 or an equalizer with greater(or really any) adjustment. Adjusting the equalizer barely does anything to the sound. And I'm talking about mp3 I think theres no adjustment for flac yet? Either way, adjusting a normal eq like in foobar or itunes you hear a big change but the x5 eq from max to min is very minimal. I think this would ease the discussion on sound signature differences between firmwares.
post #47 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by uzi2 View Post

The simplest way to manage playlists is with a text editor on your PC - just delete the line relating to your track.

not too complicated - see here and the posts on the pages before it

Thanks, thanks, thanks!
I'm going to have to bite down and try Media Monkey..........
I do miss the playlist feature in the dreaded iTunes.
post #48 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post


Thanks, thanks, thanks!
I'm going to have to bite down and try Media Monkey..........
I do miss the playlist feature in the dreaded iTunes.

 

MediaMonkey is brilliant - the best media manager I have tried to date (including Foobar, WinAmp, JRiver, iTunes)

post #49 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyLaurenson View Post
 

Mac Users: In order to get some more testers using my Mac iTunes to FiiO sync software, Im going to be running a giveaway for two X5 cases, and well as free licenses. See: http://www.map-pin.com/dapper/dapper-x5-case-giveaway-for.html if you're interested in beta testing.

 

I have downloaded this but haven't tried it. I have some questions.

1. Does it remove files from the X5 that are not on the playlist?

2. Does it move already existing files from one card to the other if the slider calls for it?

3. Does it skip pdf and txt files in the music folder?

4. After loading the playlist, can you still navigate by folders on the X5?

post #50 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragglerok View Post
 

doesn't work for me, hangs when rebuilding media library, gone back to 2.00 and it rebuilds perfectly

 


Exactly the same problem here. I have not changed anything in terms of content in the library and it freezes at song 23 when building the media library so I'm still having to browse the folders....

I'm not too fussy about playlists (its amazing how much time was spent on this in previous posts :)) and for the most part this update is minimal so don't expect anything amazingly different. The lock screen function is kind of nice...

Features that I'd still like to see implemented:

- No option to tweak existing EQ settings as initially advertised (more than one custom EQ would even suffice).
- Custom shortcuts or add EQ to the play screen so you don't have to navigate all the way through the main menu.


Edited by jvos213 - 8/17/14 at 1:22am
post #51 of 182
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlch View Post

Hello
I'have upgraded to ver 2.20.
Fine.
But how do I create playlists. ??
I don't see any new user guide.
Thanks

Sorry, I've been swamped these last few days. OP updated with brief instructions on generating M3U playlists...
post #52 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdriver View Post

I have downloaded this but haven't tried it. I have some questions.
1. Does it remove files from the X5 that are not on the playlist?
2. Does it move already existing files from one card to the other if the slider calls for it?
3. Does it skip pdf and txt files in the music folder?
4. After loading the playlist, can you still navigate by folders on the X5?

1.. Yes, by default. There is now an option to not remove any files.
2.. It will copy files to the right card and remove files from any card that "aren't supposed to be there" because they're not in the master playlist or because there on the wrong card, assuming you have the above "do not remove files" unchecked.
3.. It only copies music files, folder.jpg and then the m3u files is creates
4..yes
Edited by JeremyLaurenson - 8/17/14 at 4:50pm
post #53 of 182

i've been added a playlist but didn't saw the playlist files in my SD card,

any idea?

post #54 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonglau0429 View Post
 

i've been added a playlist but didn't saw the playlist files in my SD card,

any idea?

 

It should appear in the folder browser, not under "Playlists" as this is only for playlists generated on the X5.

post #55 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post
 

 

It should appear in the folder browser, not under "Playlists" as this is only for playlists generated on the X5.

Now, i get that,

But still don't know how to add the path in to the .m3u files.................................


Edited by bonglau0429 - 8/17/14 at 10:31pm
post #56 of 182

There is still a bug when using on OSX, the card will eject after a certain period whether it's in use or not, with the accompanying warning that a disk was not ejected properly.

 

It seems to happen after 30-60 minutes but only after there's been some file activity. I tried connecting it and just letting it sit and wait but after 2 hours it had not done it.

 

Edit: OK this bug is confirmed. When testing Dapper to load a large library onto the X5 the connection to one or both cards fails.

 

Aug 18 21:21:09 bobcat.local Dapper[12047]: 291 Delete /Volumes/X5 TF1/Snarky Puppy/We Like It Here/06 Outlier.m4a
Aug 18 21:21:09 bobcat.local Dapper[12047]: 291 Delete /Volumes/X5 TF1/Snarky Puppy/We Like It Here/07 Tio Macaco.m4a
Aug 18 21:21:29 bobcat kernel[0]: IOBlockStorageDriver[IOBlockStorageDriver]; executeRequest: request failed to start!
Aug 18 21:21:29 bobcat kernel[0]: disk5: invalid argument.
Aug 18 21:21:29 bobcat kernel[0]: disk5: media is not present.
Aug 18 21:21:29 --- last message repeated 18 times ---


Edited by jdriver - 8/19/14 at 12:37pm
post #57 of 182
I understand people wanting RP, personally I prefer to have my files prepared before they go on the x5.

As a person with multiple headphones I would like to have at least 3 custom eq settings, this is my fist choice.
post #58 of 182

My only sure-fire way of updating without the OSX disconnect the first time around: Two of these 

 

(This is the reason for normalizing the UPPER vs lowercase names of files. It turns out that Macs are also weird about the case sensitivity of an SD card inserted into one of these, vs shared from FiiO)

 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E2UTU3W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

post #59 of 182

Sound of 2.20 fw significantly worse than 2.07b. Less bass control, less overtones and worse overall details.

post #60 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyLaurenson View Post
 

My only sure-fire way of updating without the OSX disconnect the first time around: Two of these

 

(This is the reason for normalizing the UPPER vs lowercase names of files. It turns out that Macs are also weird about the case sensitivity of an SD card inserted into one of these, vs shared from FiiO)

 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E2UTU3W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This does in fact work, but would you mind sharing how you came to this knowledge. Also if this is true then where does the fault lie, with OSX or with FiiO?

 

I don't want everything on my dap in all caps. It's uncivilized.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: FiiO
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Premier Sponsor Forums and Sponsor Forums › Sponsor Forums › FiiO › FiiO X5 firmware 2.20 download and discussion