Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Melbourne Head-Fi meet in second half of 2014
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Melbourne Head-Fi meet in second half of 2014

Poll Results: What dates could you attend a meet at Noisy Motel in Prahran? (Please select ALL dates that you CAN attend)

This is a multiple choice poll
  • 47% (8)
    Saturday 11th October
  • 47% (8)
    Sunday 12th October
  • 47% (8)
    Saturday 25th October
  • 70% (12)
    Sunday 26th October
17 Total Votes  
post #1 of 141
Thread Starter 

For anyone interested in attending a Melbourne meet in the coming months (e.g. Sept / Oct 2014), drop a post below and show your interest.

 

9 attendees so far - we can possibly accept as many as 15 so at least a few places left...

 

I'll post finalised time and date here once decided by the group, but here are initial attendees and gear:

 

_______________________________________________________

 

@PleasantSounds

 

  • HD800
  • T5p
  • Lynx Hilo

 

Possibly a balanced amp

 

__

 

@atsq17

 

  • Recabled Beyer T1
  • Neko Audio D100 Mk2
  • Modded Crack with Speedball
  • Audio GD DAC19 DSP
  • CLAS -db DAC
  • ALO International amp
  • Bakoon HPA01
  • Hifiman RE400

 

Depending on when our meet is... and how good LH Labs are at delivering on time (not holding my breath though), I might also have a Geek Pulse X with all the upgrades

 

__

 

@Mahdi8

 

  • Audio-GD NFB 1.32
  • Fiio X5
  • Blue Jeans coax cable
  • Ibasso db2 balanced out
  • Toxic silver poison balanced interconnect
  • RSA Intruder balanced amp
  • HD800 with Norne audio draug balanced cable

 

__

 

@Wyd4

 

  • DX90 dap
  • JH7 ciems
  • Modded Grado sr80i's
  • GoVibe Porta Tube

 

__

 

@lin0003

 

  • Sennheiser HD800

  • Mr Speakers Alpha Dogs

  • Audio Technica AD900

  • Dunu DN-2000

  • HiFiMAN RE-400

  • iBasso DX50

  • iBasso DX90

  • Audiolab M-DAC

  • Violectric V200

  • Isotek Polaris (Maybe, if I have space)

 

__

 

@Loquah

 

  • Matrix X-Sabre
  • Bottlehead S.E.X. (modified)
  • Bottlehead Mainline (modified)
  • Beyer T1s with foam cube mod (my own design - not yet released ;))
  • Audeze LCD 2.2
  • E12DIY with OPA827 and HA-5002 buffers
  • FIDUE A83
  • Shure SE846
  • Matrix Quattro balanced amp with MUSES01 & OPA627 op amps

 

I can also bring Mad Dog 3.2s, RE-272s, and anything else in my profile if anyone's interested

 

__

 

@FlatCactus

 

  • AKG K702
  • Etymotic ER4p/s
  • Audio gd 15.32
  • iBasso d7
  • Aiaiai tma-1

 

__

 

@Show

 

  • Beyer T1

  • ATH-W1000X

  • LCD3 (2s maybe)

  • Schiit Lyr

 

Hopefully a fully balanced tube amp if I have found one I like by then. Also have a Draug V2 on order with express shipping. Rhodium Audeze and Silver XLR termination.

 

__

 

@MrWong

 

  • Audeze LCD-2

  • Ultrasone Edition 8

  • Burson Soloist SL

 

__

 

@michael4321

 

  • Denon D5000 (modded)
  • JVC FX850

 

__


Edited by Loquah - 9/4/14 at 8:58pm
post #2 of 141

I'm in! Mahdi said he is in for sure as well. 

 

I will be bringing (if they don't get sold or traded in the meantime):

 

recabled T1, Neko Audio D100 Mk2 (Audiophilleo2 sent for repairs), modded crack with speedball, Audio GD SA-1.32 (4 x PCM1704UK)  Audio GD DAC19  DSP (Sold)

 

CLAS -db DAC, ALO International amp, RWAK240 (Sold), Bakoon HPA01, Hifiman RE400, Black Alpha Dog with Norne Audio Skoll Cable.

 

 

Depending on when our meet is... and how good LH Labs are at delivering on time (not holding my breath though), I might also have a Geek Pulse X with all the upgrades. (fat chance)


Edited by atsq17 - 9/6/14 at 11:18am
post #3 of 141
Thread Starter 

Wow. You've gone to town lately, mate!! Excited to try some of the gear!

post #4 of 141
I'm in I'll bring my portable setup only this time since Andy's already bring crack and dac19. No point bringing 2. I'll bring

Fiio x5
Blue jeans coax cable
Ibasso db2 balanced out
Toxic silver poison balanced interconnect
RSA intruder balanced amp
Hd800 with Norne audio draug balanced cable
post #5 of 141
Thread Starter 

Sounds great!

post #6 of 141
Depends on the date. Lol. I have my 30th, my mates engagement party, another's wedding, a house to paint a d ski race season starting in sep/Oct lol.
I would love to come to one of these though eventually.

Will just wait on the date and see.

I could bring if I come.

Dx90 dap, jh7 ciems (not that they will be much fun) and a pair of by then nodded grado sr80i's.

Scott
post #7 of 141
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyd4 View Post

Depends on the date. Lol. I have my 30th, my mates engagement party, another's wedding, a house to paint a d ski race season starting in sep/Oct lol.
I would love to come to one of these though eventually.

Will just wait on the date and see.

I could bring if I come.

Dx90 dap, jh7 ciems (not that they will be much fun) and a pair of by then nodded grado sr80i's.

Scott

 

I refuse to not have you there - you've missed so many!! ;)

 

Jokes aside, if we can make it a date you're available we will so don't be shy in saying what you can / can't do.

 

What sort of mod are your SR80s getting? My MS1s are still sadly more stock than I'd like

post #8 of 141
Hahaha
I will check the calendar.

They are stock as we speak.
I have some Madagascar ebony cups on their way.
I don't mind the bass as it is but pending how the cups effect it maybe a hole mod.
Pending I am happy with the sound as a whole I will keep the sr80 drivers and do a detachable single sided mod with a 3.5 stereo jack in one cup.
Also a nice leather headband. But that can wait.
If I am still wanting more I am thinking about the turbulent x drivers but I have heard they are 'too' refined. I don't want to stray too far from that grado sound.

That and of course finding some pads/quarter mod I like most.
In the past I preferred the g cush with the rs1 and msPro. So will try that but am really liking the comfies with the sr80s so far.

What are you thinking about doing?

Oh teaser for the cups.

post #9 of 141
Thread Starter 

I tried making some wood cups myself, but it didn't go well because I didn't have quite the right tools (good at making holes, not rings).

 

I've got quarter mod comfies and balanced termination, but that's all and may stay that way for ever now because they're just my knock around phones, but they're great!

post #10 of 141

Sure, I will bring a little less this time. 

 

Sennheiser HD800

Sennheiser HD700

Audio Technica AD900

Dunu DN-2000

HiFiMAN RE-400

 

iBasso DX50

iBasso DX90

Audiolab M-DAC

Violectric V200

Isotek Polaris (Maybe, if I have space)

 

If there is already another HD800 at the meet, I think I might not bring mine, the amp and DAC take up quite a bit of room. 

post #11 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahdi8 View Post

I'm in I'll bring my portable setup only this time since Andy's already bring crack and dac19. No point bringing 2. I'll bring

Fiio x5
Blue jeans coax cable
Ibasso db2 balanced out
Toxic silver poison balanced interconnect
RSA intruder balanced amp
Hd800 with Norne audio draug balanced cable

 

Might need to borrow your nifty Crack transportation case.   :)

post #12 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post
 

Sure, I will bring a little less this time. 

 

Sennheiser HD800

Sennheiser HD700

Audio Technica AD900

Dunu DN-2000

HiFiMAN RE-400

 

iBasso DX50

iBasso DX90

Audiolab M-DAC

Violectric V200

Isotek Polaris (Maybe, if I have space)

 

If there is already another HD800 at the meet, I think I might not bring mine, the amp and DAC take up quite a bit of room. 

 

 

Nice! V200. Pity I sold my TH900... I bet it would have sounded spectacular on that. 

 

DN2000. Also nice.  Isotek Polaris... I have a poor man's version... the Belkin Isolator. 

 

Do you have a different HD800 cable though? Did you end up getting a cable from Frank? 


Edited by atsq17 - 8/12/14 at 4:29am
post #13 of 141

No, I think I will put that money into a better DAC and amp first. The Polaris is quite nice, but not sure if it is worth the $600 asking price TBH. 

 

I bought a Blue Dragon to reterminate though. 


Edited by lin0003 - 8/12/14 at 4:33am
post #14 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsq17 View Post
 

 

Might need to borrow your nifty Crack transportation case.   :)

Sure It's just under my desk in the office.

post #15 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyd4 View Post

Hahaha
I will check the calendar.

They are stock as we speak.
I have some Madagascar ebony cups on their way.
I don't mind the bass as it is but pending how the cups effect it maybe a hole mod.
Pending I am happy with the sound as a whole I will keep the sr80 drivers and do a detachable single sided mod with a 3.5 stereo jack in one cup.
Also a nice leather headband. But that can wait.
If I am still wanting more I am thinking about the turbulent x drivers but I have heard they are 'too' refined. I don't want to stray too far from that grado sound.

That and of course finding some pads/quarter mod I like most.
In the past I preferred the g cush with the rs1 and msPro. So will try that but am really liking the comfies with the sr80s so far.

What are you thinking about doing?

Oh teaser for the cups.

Oh that is just S E X Y

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Melbourne Head-Fi meet in second half of 2014