What I'm looking for:
Fun sound signature; ability to FEEL bass. Comfort! Under $600. Preferably low leakage & easy to drive.
These are my current favorites (in order), but they're all missing something.
- Monster Inspiration - By far my favorite sound signature, but can't wear for too long; they hurt!
- DT770 80 ohm - Nice sound sig, comfortable. Good sub bass, but upper bass is lacking to me, and they are a tiny bit hard to drive (constantly at max through MPB or iPhone, and I don't like having to take out my amp)
- Denon D2000 - Amazing comfort, amazing bass, but to get the bass to the level that I like, the treble pierces my ears so much it just ruins them ): Soundstage is a nice bonus too, but not a priority.
- Ultrasone Pro 900 - BOY OH BOY that bass! Though they lack midrange? Sound very hollow.
- DT990 32 ohm - Most comfortable headphone, I enjoy the sound signature, but the bass doesn't thump.
- V-Moda M-100 - Close to the sound signature I like, but bad comfort. XL pads improve comfort somewhat. And they are also fatiguing to me.
Interested in Phillips X1, hifiman he400, HD650... but being open cans, they all seem like they wont have skull shaking bass that I like. Not sure where else to look.
I just want to end this addiction hunt once and for all! Any recommendations?
Edited by soundslikebliss - 8/6/14 at 12:17pm