Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › What to get, PSB M4U 1 vs. the Bowers and Wilkins P7?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What to get, PSB M4U 1 vs. the Bowers and Wilkins P7? - Page 2

post #16 of 52
Glad to help smily_headphones1.gif

Probably because their website is not up to date. It's a new headphone. I don't think that they have the HP200 listed either. For some companies in some parts of the world, a website is still an after thought, or difficult to update if you are a small company having to maintain the site in two languages.

Definitely great that you can demo those. I thought they sounded really good. Better have your wallet ready. The headphone you can hear and like always beats out the one that you've only read reviews of smily_headphones1.gif
post #17 of 52

Briefly auditioned the P7 n PSB...

there is a mid treble brightness on the P7 that held me back on the P7..

maybe it works better with a tube amp...? 

 

PSB is very easy on the ears, big hall like ambience..punchy.

 

just my brief impression. fwiw. :P

post #18 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

Glad to help smily_headphones1.gif

Probably because their website is not up to date. It's a new headphone. I don't think that they have the HP200 listed either. For some companies in some parts of the world, a website is still an after thought, or difficult to update if you are a small company having to maintain the site in two languages.
 

Hmm, that's too bad.

 

I really wish I could find a store with multiple of these to demo.  Or at worst, different stores within a reasonable distance with multiple of these.

 

Otherwise, it doesn't feel like a good demo, I almost would rather just pick one based just from the internet (articles/videos).

post #19 of 52
Thread Starter 

Ok, Best Buy says they have a 15 day return policy, in which I can get a full refund, even if I open the box.

post #20 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

Briefly auditioned the P7 n PSB...

there is a mid treble brightness on the P7 that held me back on the P7..

maybe it works better with a tube amp...? 

 

PSB is very easy on the ears, big hall like ambience..punchy.

 

just my brief impression. fwiw. :P

Thank you!  The more opinions, the better, especially since a few of these (SoundMagic HP 150; PSB M4U 1) are still fairly new.

post #21 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

Briefly auditioned the P7 n PSB...

there is a mid treble brightness on the P7 that held me back on the P7..

maybe it works better with a tube amp...? 

 

PSB is very easy on the ears, big hall like ambience..punchy.

 

just my brief impression. fwiw. :P

Where did you audition it?

post #22 of 52

where.... hmmm....

 

and the pads of the P7...there is an "edge" to the foam...

not sure if i can enjoy the pain over long sessions.

Or if it might get more comfy over time..dicey.

post #23 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

where.... hmmm....

 

and the pads of the P7...there is an "edge" to the foam...

not sure if i can enjoy the pain over long sessions.

Or if it might get more comfy over time..dicey.

 

Again, I'm glad to read another opinion on comfort.

 

This review, which I read last week, preferred the P7 for comfort, while you prefer the PSB.

 

http://austindw.com/blog/audio/headphones-psb-vs-bw

post #24 of 52
Thread Starter 

Anyone know a store that carries the SoundMagic HP 150 or PSB M4U 1 in stock?

 

Best Buy sells the PSB, but you have to wait a few days for it to be available for pick-up.

 

I've already spent 3 weeks researching headphones, I don't want to wait much longer.  I just want to get it over with. 

 

This is harder than buying a car.

 

 

 

At worst, I want to be able to buy a few and try them at home, and return the one(s) I don't like.

post #25 of 52

he said he has large pointed ears.....?


Edited by Lorspeaker - 9/13/14 at 1:38am
post #26 of 52
HP150 is probably not in any stores.
post #27 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

HP150 is probably not in any stores.

Ok.  So you bought it based on reviews/articles/videos then, right?

post #28 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuraman00 View Post

Ok.  So you bought it based on reviews/articles/videos then, right?

No. I was the first one to buy it on Head-Fi and there were no reviews anywhere. I bought it based on the fact that the HP100 has a great reputation, and the fact that I had Soundmagic IEMs at one point and like them. Figured I would return them if I didn't like them.
post #29 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post


No. I was the first one to buy it on Head-Fi and there were no reviews anywhere. I bought it based on the fact that the HP100 has a great reputation, and the fact that I had Soundmagic IEMs at one point and like them. Figured I would return them if I didn't like them.

So Amazon.com is ok with opening and returning for a full refund?  It's 30 days, right?

 

http://www.amazon.com/SoundMAGIC-HP150-Premium-Folding-Headphones/dp/B00LV8TR54/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406779768&sr=8-1&keywords=soundmagic+hp+150

 

I read somewhere that Amazon doesn't let people return stuff if they abuse this policy.  I don't think I've returned anything before to Amazon, it's been years if I have.

 

Here's what I can find on their policy:

 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hg_carnac_pt_reityoor?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200572800

 

What would you have said for the reason why returning?

post #30 of 52
I've returned a few headphones to Amazon. Yes. If you keep the headphones mint and don't destroy the retail packaging, you can return them. You pay return shipping costs (at their prices, which is good). They issue a pre-paid label in the RMA process and subtract the cost off your credit. I just put no longer wanted or needed as the reason, and they take them back. They don't go through some lengthy approval process. It happens instantaneously. You can do the whole RMA process in a couple of minutes.

This applies to Amazon and Fulfilled by Amazon. For 3rd party vendors who do their own shipping, you have to consult their policies.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › What to get, PSB M4U 1 vs. the Bowers and Wilkins P7?