Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread - Page 92

post #1366 of 2099
Quote:
Originally Posted by luberconn View Post

i get the hiss/crackle too when i'm using t1e with my Samsung GS3 > Fiio E11.  it crackles only until the song starts playing.  then it seems to go away.  this isnt a huge problem anymore because i have since stopped using my amp with the t1e as the GS3 drives them just fine without amplification.  i do think the problem is more with the amp/source interference rather than a problem with the IEM's.   i say this because when the amp is piggybacked with my GS3, i get the noise.  if i use my longer aux cable and they are not piggybacked, i do not get the noise feedback. 
It's not the t1e that's causing static. What you are hearing is EMI (electromagnetic interference). When an amplifier is piggyback to a cell phone, the data transmission from the cell service or wifi will cause the "static" you are describing. Turn your phone to airplane mode while listening and the static will be gone.
post #1367 of 2099

I find them pretty fun to listen to now.

 

I tried them on today in the library around talking people and along with the custom hybrid tips I made they blocked the noises really well and I didn't get this pain/fatigue in the ear I used to get after an hour of using the Vsonic GR06.

post #1368 of 2099

Hey, if anyone is interested, I have my like new T1-E's in the classifieds for $27 shipped to CONUS.  Here is a link:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/743231/budget-fi-clearance-sale-ttpod-t1-e-portapro-prices-reduced

post #1369 of 2099

WARNING! 

GOOD DEAL INCOMING:

 

Well, I think it is pretty darn good...

Shenzhenaudio is selling the T1-E for $35 with free-shipping for the next 10 days or so!!!

If you haven't tried these, pick up a pair at this price, seriously. You shouldn't be disappointed.

 

http://www.shenzhenaudio.com/ttpod-t1-e-high-definition-dual-dynamic-professional-in-ear-headphones-earphones-2014-new.html

post #1370 of 2099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ap616 View Post
 

WARNING! 

GOOD DEAL INCOMING:

 

Well, I think it is pretty darn good...

Shenzhenaudio is selling the T1-E for $35 with free-shipping for the next 10 days or so!!!

If you haven't tried these, pick up a pair at this price, seriously. You shouldn't be disappointed.

 

http://www.shenzhenaudio.com/ttpod-t1-e-high-definition-dual-dynamic-professional-in-ear-headphones-earphones-2014-new.html

 

I think my T1-E deal is better than yours! :tongue_smile:

post #1371 of 2099

Guys I've lost my Sound Magic E10 (original)  a year back and felt something was missing in my life when using my Monoprice IEM (also own KEF M500 & Senn Momentum). I've done my research but still can't decide on which headphone to get. I was thinking of getting TTPOD TE-1 or shall i stay clear? SQ wise I like the E10 very much from what I can remember. Any other alternative you guys can recommend? I've seen the TTPOD on PenonAudio for $35 (the TTPOD T1 not T1-E) and I was thinking is the $10 more worth the extra for the T1-Es?

 

Phones I've looked into 

T1 (original)

T1-E $45

T1-S (not much info on)

VSD3 $45 (size might be an issue)

Havi B3 (don't have a amp)

HifiMan Re400 £66 or around $90 (waiting for stock)

Xiamo Piston v2.0 $29 (read it's not very comfortable but like the remote funtions)

 

 

Source

Alienware m14

Fiio E18 (if i get it)

I plan on using it with my Samsung S4 straight out (with Fiio E18, if i get it)

 

Music I like = A Verity: from New Age , Rock, Pop and Classical. Manly Alternative Rock and JRock

 

O btw I live in the UK

 

I like your input on this matter as I just can't decide. wish i could try them all

 

Thanks in advance

post #1372 of 2099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesperia View Post

Guys I've lost my Sound Magic E10 (original)  a year back and felt something was missing in my life when using my Monoprice IEM (also own KEF M500 & Senn Momentum). I've done my research but still can't decide on which headphone to get. I was thinking of getting TTPOD TE-1 or shall i stay clear? SQ wise I like the E10 very much from what I can remember. Any other alternative you guys can recommend? I've seen the TTPOD on PenonAudio for $35 (the TTPOD T1 not T1-E) and I was thinking is the $10 more worth the extra for the T1-Es?

Phones I've looked into 
T1 (original)
T1-E $45
T1-S (not much info on)
VSD3 $45 (size might be an issue)
Havi B3 (don't have a amp)
HifiMan Re400 £66 or around $90 (waiting for stock)
Xiamo Piston v2.0 $29 (read it's not very comfortable but like the remote funtions)


Source
Alienware m14
Fiio E18 (if i get it)
I plan on using it with my Samsung S4 straight out (with Fiio E18, if i get it)

Music I like = A Verity: from New Age , Rock, Pop and Classical. Manly Alternative Rock and JRock

O btw I live in the UK

I like your input on this matter as I just can't decide. wish i could try them all

Thanks in advance

The T1-E and the E10 has similar sound signatures. I think you'll do fine with the T1-E
post #1373 of 2099

Oh no! I can't believe what just happened! Had my T1E on the burn overnight playing some DnB from my E18 and I woke up to hear this strange buzzing sound. Initially I thought it was a fly/bee or something lol, but I realised it was my T1Es!

 

I disconnected them straight away and connected them directly to my Z1 compact for fear of too much power being fed to them or something from the E18. However the issue is still there, and it only seems to happen when playing bass notes. So I think I have the loose driver/internals issue that somebody mentioned on this thread a while back.

 

This is so annoying, how can this happen? I thought earphones/drivers these days can withstand being burned in or just played generally. DnB music does indeed have a lot of, well, bass, but I have done this burning in procedure many times before with other earphones including a "cheap" set of Senn CX500. And it wasnt too loud when I set it on the burn as I wouldn't have got to sleep lol!

 

I got them from Penon Audio, do you guys think they will be able to replace them? It is "only" a matter of £28 so I'm not too fussed as I'm saving up for a more premium pair anyway. Something like the Pioneer DJE-1500 or even the new Sony XBA-A2.

post #1374 of 2099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesperia View Post
 

Guys I've lost my Sound Magic E10 (original)  a year back and felt something was missing in my life when using my Monoprice IEM (also own KEF M500 & Senn Momentum). I've done my research but still can't decide on which headphone to get. I was thinking of getting TTPOD TE-1 or shall i stay clear? SQ wise I like the E10 very much from what I can remember. Any other alternative you guys can recommend? I've seen the TTPOD on PenonAudio for $35 (the TTPOD T1 not T1-E) and I was thinking is the $10 more worth the extra for the T1-Es?

 

Phones I've looked into 

T1 (original)

T1-E $45

T1-S (not much info on)

VSD3 $45 (size might be an issue)

Havi B3 (don't have a amp)

HifiMan Re400 £66 or around $90 (waiting for stock)

Xiamo Piston v2.0 $29 (read it's not very comfortable but like the remote funtions)

 

 

Source

Alienware m14

Fiio E18 (if i get it)

I plan on using it with my Samsung S4 straight out (with Fiio E18, if i get it)

 

Music I like = A Verity: from New Age , Rock, Pop and Classical. Manly Alternative Rock and JRock

 

O btw I live in the UK

 

I like your input on this matter as I just can't decide. wish i could try them all

 

Thanks in advance

 

As far as the Pistons not being comfortable - comfort varies but that's the first that I've heard of it not having a good fit. There are differing opinions on the sonic quality of the Piston, bass in particular, but imo if you use an Android device, the controls are incredibly useful. I have big problems with the fit of IEM's - I have weird ear canal shape, but the Pistons are one of the few IEM's that fit pretty good. If you look around, Pistons can be found for $20 if you're willing to wait for shipment from Asia. You can't go wrong with the TTPOD TI-E and they are available for $35, also shipping from Asia. Once I found tips that work for me, I'm really growing to love the TI-E!  There are low cost alternatives too. The KZ DT3 and ED Special edition - both around $12 shipped, offer an incredible value. They have different sound signatures so check out the KZ thread for more details. I am really blown away by the DT3. Not as good as the TI-E, but amazing for the price.

post #1375 of 2099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1ppy View Post
 

Oh no! I can't believe what just happened! Had my T1E on the burn overnight playing some DnB from my E18 and I woke up to hear this strange buzzing sound. Initially I thought it was a fly/bee or something lol, but I realised it was my T1Es!

 

I disconnected them straight away and connected them directly to my Z1 compact for fear of too much power being fed to them or something from the E18. However the issue is still there, and it only seems to happen when playing bass notes. So I think I have the loose driver/internals issue that somebody mentioned on this thread a while back.

 

This is so annoying, how can this happen? I thought earphones/drivers these days can withstand being burned in or just played generally. DnB music does indeed have a lot of, well, bass, but I have done this burning in procedure many times before with other earphones including a "cheap" set of Senn CX500. And it wasnt too loud when I set it on the burn as I wouldn't have got to sleep lol!

 

I got them from Penon Audio, do you guys think they will be able to replace them? It is "only" a matter of £28 so I'm not too fussed as I'm saving up for a more premium pair anyway. Something like the Pioneer DJE-1500 or even the new Sony XBA-A2.

 

You did nothing wrong. That's a good reason to buy from Penon. They'll stand behind them. Good luck and sorry to hear.

post #1376 of 2099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira Delphic View Post
 

 

You did nothing wrong. That's a good reason to buy from Penon. They'll stand behind them. Good luck and sorry to hear.

 

Thanks mate. I was really liking the T1Es as they had very likeable sound signature and were surprisingly comfortable. And of course the cost! :o

 

But I hope the cost isn't negatively affecting the overall build quality/QA of the T1E in general, hopefully its just a defective pair I have.

 

 

I'll set up an RMA with Penon, will let you guys know how it goes.

post #1377 of 2099

must be a defect man.  sorry to hear that.  i've probably got a couple hundred hours on mine now with lots of bass intense music with no problems

post #1378 of 2099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1ppy View Post

Thanks mate. I was really liking the T1Es as they had very likeable sound signature and were surprisingly comfortable. And of course the cost! redface.gif

But I hope the cost isn't negatively affecting the overall build quality/QA of the T1E in general, hopefully its just a defective pair I have.


I'll set up an RMA with Penon, will let you guys know how it goes.

Mine did that too; I was the one that warned people... I believe something is slightly loose internally or other because some bass notes made it vibrate at certain volumes. I tried listening to it a bit quieter, and it sounded great, no buzzing. I never burned mine in either...
However, mine has somehow managed to fix itself when I got my new FiiO X1; I don't hear it anymore. I did accidentally blast the volume really loud for a split second when testing the Line Out with my Topping NX1. Hurt my ears too lol. So I think that must have fixed it somehow? At least for now.
I'm tempted to buy another pair at $35 from Shenzhenaudio, but probably not for now.

I would just get it exchanged as it doesn't seem very common.

A few people have had channel imbalances initially. A couple people, problems with the jack. You and I, the buzzing issue. But these are still one of my favorite iems I have tried to date for fit/comfort and SQ per dollar!
Edited by Ap616 - 11/26/14 at 5:38pm
post #1379 of 2099

hey everyone,

I didn't see a deals thread/forum anywhere

just wanted to let you all know

dealextreme has a $10 off $30 code for black friday (limited quantities remain ~500 at time of posting, although they release 3,000 codes per day so check back tomorrow if they are gone!)

http://www.dx.com/Event/2014blackfriday/index?utm_source=dx&utm_medium=homerotate&utm_campagin=EN2014blackfridaygc

they sell the TTPOD T1-E for $35 w/ free shipping (although takes a few weeks)

http://www.dx.com/s/ttpod

with this code you this is the definitely the cheapest price ($25) I've seen!

I've been reading through this thread, and noted that some of you mentioned the T1-E isn't really bass heavy (not a basshead) but rather bass quality

so I'm debating buying this or the JVC HA-FR46 or Philips TX2 (both also available at dealextreme around $35)

I started another thread in the recommendation/help forum http://www.head-fi.org/t/743934/approx-30-headphones-3-choices-need-help

if you guys could share your thoughts there, would be much appreciated!

 

hope this was helpful!


Edited by shoebox - 11/26/14 at 7:59pm
post #1380 of 2099

Order a pair from penon audio on nov 11 and since nov 18 it says it's been sent to canada but tracking is unavailable. should I be worried?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread