or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › SONY NWZ-A10 Series
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SONY NWZ-A10 Series - Page 28

post #406 of 7310
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlasing View Post
 

Wooo....u get it? A15 or A17?

 

I plan to buy the A15 with a 64GB micro SD card.

 

How's the sound quality?


A15 from the Sony store with a Sandisk 64GB plugged in.

Excellent sound quality, very fun and highly detailled.

post #407 of 7310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverprout View Post


A15 from the Sony store with a Sandisk 64GB plugged in.
Excellent sound quality, very fun and highly detailled.

Any comparisons with other DAPs? And with which IEM?
post #408 of 7310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levanter View Post


Any comparisons with other DAPs? And with which IEM?

I've not listened as much as necessary for good comparaisons.

Ciems : Earsonics EM3pro

Coming from the DX50 (1.2.8) the soundstage is more "in the head", timbers are thinner, the bass register is a little bit heavier.

Very immersive and détailed.


Edited by Silverprout - 10/17/14 at 2:58am
post #409 of 7310

Not sure if this deserves a new thread or not, but he A17 is now available for preorder through Sony's site.

 

NWZ-A17SLV  Is the official US model number.

 

This may finally be the DAP worthy of being the successor to my Cowon J3 =D

 

Just not sure if I will like giving up touch screen nav

post #410 of 7310
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingreason View Post
 

Not sure if this deserves a new thread or not, but he A17 is now available for preorder through Sony's site.

 

NWZ-A17SLV  Is the official US model number.

 

This may finally be the DAP worthy of being the successor to my Cowon J3 =D

 

Just not sure if I will like giving up touch screen nav

 

The controls and the UI are incredibly fast and responsive... never seen faster.

post #411 of 7310
Can you please test gapless playback? Also if you have bunch of files in music folder and extra folders within music with albums, does shuffle play only the files in music or dues it also include extra album folders?
post #412 of 7310
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post

Can you please test gapless playback? Also if you have bunch of files in music folder and extra folders within music with albums, does shuffle play only the files in music or dues it also include extra album folders?

Can you please test gapless playback?

Yes, it works.

 

Also if you have bunch of files in music folder and extra folders within music with albums, does shuffle play only the files in music or dues it also include extra album folders?

Sorry, all my music is on the same folder level, i can't test it.

post #413 of 7310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverprout View Post
 

Can you please test gapless playback?

Yes, it works.

 

Also if you have bunch of files in music folder and extra folders within music with albums, does shuffle play only the files in music or dues it also include extra album folders?

Sorry, all my music is on the same folder level, i can't test it.


cheers

post #414 of 7310
I ordered the black a15 (Sony Germany), arriving today. Really looking forward to testing it. Will be my first "audiophile" DAP.
post #415 of 7310
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post

Can you please test gapless playback? Also if you have bunch of files in music folder and extra folders within music with albums, does shuffle play only the files in music or dues it also include extra album folders?


it can play it all. but I had my files scanned from the computer already so maybe there is that. the shuffle from "sens me" can be limited (but I couldn't yet find why/how) but going by the "all songs" menu it seems to work just fine with anything anywhere. (given that you're set with "shuffle" and "all range" in your playback settings).

post #416 of 7310
Quote:
Originally Posted by castleofargh View Post
 


it can play it all. but I had my files scanned from the computer already so maybe there is that. the shuffle from "sens me" can be limited (but I couldn't yet find why/how) but going by the "all songs" menu it seems to work just fine with anything anywhere. (given that you're set with "shuffle" and "all range" in your playback settings).


I may need to split into two folders, one for music and one for folders.

post #417 of 7310
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by castleofargh View Post
 


it can play it all. but I had my files scanned from the computer already so maybe there is that. the shuffle from "sens me" can be limited (but I couldn't yet find why/how) but going by the "all songs" menu it seems to work just fine with anything anywhere. (given that you're set with "shuffle" and "all range" in your playback settings).


I may need to split into two folders, one for music and one for folders.

 

 if you format the card with the DAP it will make the usual sony directories already (video, podcast ... ) you have a need for further folders outside music?

post #418 of 7310

Sony was advertising some poscap capacitor for this walkman??

post #419 of 7310
Quote:
Originally Posted by castleofargh View Post

 

 if you format the card with the DAP it will make the usual sony directories already (video, podcast ... ) you have a need for further folders outside music?

 



Prefer to separate albums from singles.
So only shuffle through singles.
post #420 of 7310
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by castleofargh View Post
 

 

 if you format the card with the DAP it will make the usual sony directories already (video, podcast ... ) you have a need for further folders outside music?

 



Prefer to separate albums from singles.
So only shuffle through singles.


oh, well you could always make one directory with singles under music and shuffle that folder with playback range set to "selected range"(meaning the actual folder you're in).
or make a playlist (all you need is generate a .cue with foobar of all the selected songs). but I don't know if there is a limit to the size of a playlist?

anyway you should have ways to do it how you like withing "music" subfolders or outside of it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › SONY NWZ-A10 Series