I sure hope this is a true R10 successor, if so I'm all over this headphone. The R10 is the best headphone I've ever heard out of the countless headphones I've auditioned, no other headphone has wow'd me the same way as the R10.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productA5-Pro, PHILIPS-HEADPHONEStagged by Hi 5, 7/2/15
- productFostex TH600 Dynamic Headphonestagged by cb3723, 9/8/14
- productFostex TH 900tagged by cb3723, 9/8/14
- productSennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphonestagged by Hi 5, 7/2/15
- brandSonytagged by cb3723, 9/8/14
- productSony MDR-1Rtagged by cb3723, 9/8/14
- productSony MDR-7550 In-Ear Monitors (IEM)tagged by TheBoss, 11/11/14
- productSony mdr xb 1000tagged by cb3723, 9/8/14
- productSony MDR-Z7tagged by cb3723, 9/8/14
- productUltrasone Signature DJtagged by cb3723, 9/8/14
Related Forum Threads
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 10:23 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Based on my history which headphone is best for me or should i stick with CIEM? Last post on 6/11/13 at 3:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Closed Back Over Ear Headphone? Last post on 6/26/15 at 5:47pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex TH-600/900 replacement pads? Last post on 1/27/15 at 5:53pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The ultimate closed-back headphone? Last post on 12/24/14 at 8:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 - Page 6post #76 of 54728/4/14 at 1:03am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 54728/4/14 at 4:50amQuote:
This isn't helping me to get a grip on my anxiety... please stoppost #78 of 54728/4/14 at 7:19ampost #79 of 54728/4/14 at 2:41pm
R10 & 010 were really hard cans to drive and needed an amp to hear their potential.
EX1000 & Z1000 requires no amp and were winners for the audiophile for portability (if you didnt like them, bad luck 'cause you probably spent more to get your audiophile needs). $499 was a great selling proce compared to other iems/headphones above this price.
This upcoming flagship hopefully will also be easy to drive, and now knowing PHA-1 & 2 are weak amps, maybe a new amp is along the lines to drive this upcoming one (if its power hungry)post #80 of 54728/4/14 at 9:41pmpost #81 of 54728/5/14 at 2:31ampost #82 of 54728/5/14 at 3:37am
I'd keep this in mind though if you are planning to buy, Sony's financial situation is not good and they may not be around to honor warranty claims before the end of these headphones' warranty periods.post #83 of 54728/5/14 at 6:57ampost #84 of 54728/5/14 at 8:57amHonestly I like Sony quite a bit
I really hope they pull out from this
I bought a fair amount of their products from a Blu-ray player, PS3, tons of games, headphones to even a TV and have never had issues.post #85 of 54728/5/14 at 9:11am
Sony needs to
1. Open an online music store and sell music, movies etc. at a reasonable prices. Formats should be simple and nothing resteicted
2. Come up with some new names as Bravia, Walkman etc. seem too RETRO. I said this before since we are in a digital age maybe come up with something like digitalman. i like the suffix '-man'
3. Cut down on their packaging. Super quality packaging but they need to cut it down and make it simple. Seem like to much 'engineering' is going on with the packaging and less of the products.
4. Bring out different ranges of electronics (based upon pricing) and keep on the shelves for some years. Look at the current listing for mp3 players.One E series model with 2 storage capacities and both are low end.
5. Bringing out newer headphones ever year seems to be a waste. (look at beats hardly ever bring out new products and look how well they're doing)
6. Most important of all - Original retail pricing on most Sony products is just ridiculously high.
Thats just my take of owning mostly Sony products in my 40 year life span.
GO SONY!post #86 of 54728/5/14 at 9:44amQuote:Originally Posted by haloxt
I'd keep this in mind though if you are planning to buy, Sony's financial situation is not good and they may not be around to honor warranty claims before the end of these headphones' warranty periods.
Although, according to that same article,
"As grim as all this sounds, Sony posted its first annual profit in five years at the end of the last fiscal year.
Numbers have remained positive since the turn of the year after major changes were made in management."
This, of course, is very good news - but it's still wait-and-seepost #87 of 54728/5/14 at 9:48am
I would expect the bass to be greatly improved and hopefully go deeper with less harmonic distortion. What I'm hoping to not see is this:
Between 2Khz and 10Khz it goes all over the place. The MDR-Z1000 also uses 50mm LCP drivers. I think it was also described as having a "concert hall" sound.
Edited by Dreyka - 8/5/14 at 9:52ampost #88 of 54728/5/14 at 11:07ampost #89 of 54728/5/14 at 12:49pm
- Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Losing stereo through splitter 5 minutes ago
- › Review: Estron Linum BaX --- New IEM Cable for a New Age 5 minutes ago
- › Some People Remember How Equipment Sounds! 6 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier 7 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 9 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 11 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › RHA T20 by ShreyasMax
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3