I sure hope this is a true R10 successor, if so I'm all over this headphone. The R10 is the best headphone I've ever heard out of the countless headphones I've auditioned, no other headphone has wow'd me the same way as the R10.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productA5-Pro, PHILIPS-HEADPHONEStagged by Hi 5, 7/2/15
- productFostex TH600 Dynamic Headphonestagged by cb3723, 9/8/14
- productFostex TH 900tagged by cb3723, 9/8/14
- productSennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphonestagged by Hi 5, 7/2/15
- brandSonytagged by cb3723, 9/8/14
- productSony MDR-1Rtagged by cb3723, 9/8/14
- productSony MDR-7550 In-Ear Monitors (IEM)tagged by TheBoss, 11/11/14
- productSony mdr xb 1000tagged by cb3723, 9/8/14
- productSony MDR-Z7tagged by cb3723, 9/8/14
- productUltrasone Signature DJtagged by cb3723, 9/8/14
Related Forum Threads
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 1:53 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Based on my history which headphone is best for me or should i stick with CIEM? Last post on 6/11/13 at 3:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Closed Back Over Ear Headphone? Last post on 6/26/15 at 5:47pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex TH-600/900 replacement pads? Last post on 8/16/15 at 1:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The ultimate closed-back headphone? Last post on 12/24/14 at 8:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
got one bad connection and replaced. But still you have to carry it carefully. Sound quality definitely improved.
Setting buttons easily to get clicked if you hand helding it. USB connection plug or jack is better than mico USB kind. For similar price, there are better, smaller one in the...
-- The HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) is a wonderful, simple, clean DAC/Amp that is easy to use. I love things that just work. With the HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2,...
The KZ-ED9 is one of the best in-ear phones i ever heard. Tried a lot and spend a lot on very expensives ie earphones. This one is my favorite, very detailed sound! Use it with the Ibasso Dx90 and...
Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 - Page 6post #76 of 57948/4/14 at 1:03am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 57948/4/14 at 4:50amQuote:
This isn't helping me to get a grip on my anxiety... please stoppost #78 of 57948/4/14 at 7:19ampost #79 of 57948/4/14 at 2:41pm
R10 & 010 were really hard cans to drive and needed an amp to hear their potential.
EX1000 & Z1000 requires no amp and were winners for the audiophile for portability (if you didnt like them, bad luck 'cause you probably spent more to get your audiophile needs). $499 was a great selling proce compared to other iems/headphones above this price.
This upcoming flagship hopefully will also be easy to drive, and now knowing PHA-1 & 2 are weak amps, maybe a new amp is along the lines to drive this upcoming one (if its power hungry)post #80 of 57948/4/14 at 9:41pmpost #81 of 57948/5/14 at 2:31ampost #82 of 57948/5/14 at 3:37am
I'd keep this in mind though if you are planning to buy, Sony's financial situation is not good and they may not be around to honor warranty claims before the end of these headphones' warranty periods.post #83 of 57948/5/14 at 6:57ampost #84 of 57948/5/14 at 8:57amHonestly I like Sony quite a bit
I really hope they pull out from this
I bought a fair amount of their products from a Blu-ray player, PS3, tons of games, headphones to even a TV and have never had issues.post #85 of 57948/5/14 at 9:11am
Sony needs to
1. Open an online music store and sell music, movies etc. at a reasonable prices. Formats should be simple and nothing resteicted
2. Come up with some new names as Bravia, Walkman etc. seem too RETRO. I said this before since we are in a digital age maybe come up with something like digitalman. i like the suffix '-man'
3. Cut down on their packaging. Super quality packaging but they need to cut it down and make it simple. Seem like to much 'engineering' is going on with the packaging and less of the products.
4. Bring out different ranges of electronics (based upon pricing) and keep on the shelves for some years. Look at the current listing for mp3 players.One E series model with 2 storage capacities and both are low end.
5. Bringing out newer headphones ever year seems to be a waste. (look at beats hardly ever bring out new products and look how well they're doing)
6. Most important of all - Original retail pricing on most Sony products is just ridiculously high.
Thats just my take of owning mostly Sony products in my 40 year life span.
GO SONY!post #86 of 57948/5/14 at 9:44amQuote:Originally Posted by haloxt
I'd keep this in mind though if you are planning to buy, Sony's financial situation is not good and they may not be around to honor warranty claims before the end of these headphones' warranty periods.
Although, according to that same article,
"As grim as all this sounds, Sony posted its first annual profit in five years at the end of the last fiscal year.
Numbers have remained positive since the turn of the year after major changes were made in management."
This, of course, is very good news - but it's still wait-and-seepost #87 of 57948/5/14 at 9:48am
I would expect the bass to be greatly improved and hopefully go deeper with less harmonic distortion. What I'm hoping to not see is this:
Between 2Khz and 10Khz it goes all over the place. The MDR-Z1000 also uses 50mm LCP drivers. I think it was also described as having a "concert hall" sound.
Edited by Dreyka - 8/5/14 at 9:52ampost #88 of 57948/5/14 at 11:07ampost #89 of 57948/5/14 at 12:49pm
- Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Gilmore Lite power supply questions. 55 seconds ago
- › Review of the JVC HA-FXH30 by B9Scrambler 56 seconds ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Damping Mechanical Resonance Distortion of STAX and other phones... 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › The "speed" of headphones 2 minutes ago
- › TTVJAudio new headphone loaner programs 4 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › SR-003 w/SRM-002 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2