I sure hope this is a true R10 successor, if so I'm all over this headphone. The R10 is the best headphone I've ever heard out of the countless headphones I've auditioned, no other headphone has wow'd me the same way as the R10.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productA5-Pro, PHILIPS-HEADPHONEStagged by Hi 5, 7/2/15
- productFostex TH600 Dynamic Headphonestagged by cb3723, 9/8/14
- productFostex TH 900tagged by cb3723, 9/8/14
- productSennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphonestagged by Hi 5, 7/2/15
- brandSonytagged by cb3723, 9/8/14
- productSony MDR-7550 In-Ear Monitors (IEM)tagged by TheBoss, 11/11/14
- productSony mdr xb 1000tagged by cb3723, 9/8/14
- productSony MDR-Z7tagged by cb3723, 9/8/14
- productUltrasone Signature DJtagged by cb3723, 9/8/14
Related Forum Threads
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 9:31 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Based on my history which headphone is best for me or should i stick with CIEM? Last post on 6/11/13 at 3:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Closed Back Over Ear Headphone? Last post on 6/26/15 at 5:47pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex TH-600/900 replacement pads? Last post on 8/16/15 at 1:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The ultimate closed-back headphone? Last post on 12/24/14 at 8:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
INTRODUCTION: The Havit H91DJ is a budget over-ear headphone with a warm signature. Sound quality is very impressive considering the low cost. The value of these headphones is quite high,...
Intro: SoundFoundations, is a company which manufactures accessories like racks, stands, and vibration control & custom cables. It is based in India. SoundFoundations is known in India for...
Introduction I would like to start this review off by saying thank you to the folks at Pro-Ject Audio systems for lending me a pair of their brand new Hear-it-One headphones....
Preamble: Before I start with my review, I’d like to thank Vivian from DUNU-Topsound for providing me with a sample of the DN-2000J for my evaluation. My review reflects my actual honest opinion...
Preamble: Before I start with my review, I’d like to thank Mike from MeElectronics for sending me a sample of the A151 2nd Generation in exchange for my honest opinion. A little more than a year...
Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 - Page 6post #76 of 60508/4/14 at 1:03am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 60508/4/14 at 4:50amQuote:
This isn't helping me to get a grip on my anxiety... please stoppost #78 of 60508/4/14 at 7:19ampost #79 of 60508/4/14 at 2:41pm
R10 & 010 were really hard cans to drive and needed an amp to hear their potential.
EX1000 & Z1000 requires no amp and were winners for the audiophile for portability (if you didnt like them, bad luck 'cause you probably spent more to get your audiophile needs). $499 was a great selling proce compared to other iems/headphones above this price.
This upcoming flagship hopefully will also be easy to drive, and now knowing PHA-1 & 2 are weak amps, maybe a new amp is along the lines to drive this upcoming one (if its power hungry)post #80 of 60508/4/14 at 9:41pmpost #81 of 60508/5/14 at 2:31ampost #82 of 60508/5/14 at 3:37am
I'd keep this in mind though if you are planning to buy, Sony's financial situation is not good and they may not be around to honor warranty claims before the end of these headphones' warranty periods.post #83 of 60508/5/14 at 6:57ampost #84 of 60508/5/14 at 8:57amHonestly I like Sony quite a bit
I really hope they pull out from this
I bought a fair amount of their products from a Blu-ray player, PS3, tons of games, headphones to even a TV and have never had issues.post #85 of 60508/5/14 at 9:11am
Sony needs to
1. Open an online music store and sell music, movies etc. at a reasonable prices. Formats should be simple and nothing resteicted
2. Come up with some new names as Bravia, Walkman etc. seem too RETRO. I said this before since we are in a digital age maybe come up with something like digitalman. i like the suffix '-man'
3. Cut down on their packaging. Super quality packaging but they need to cut it down and make it simple. Seem like to much 'engineering' is going on with the packaging and less of the products.
4. Bring out different ranges of electronics (based upon pricing) and keep on the shelves for some years. Look at the current listing for mp3 players.One E series model with 2 storage capacities and both are low end.
5. Bringing out newer headphones ever year seems to be a waste. (look at beats hardly ever bring out new products and look how well they're doing)
6. Most important of all - Original retail pricing on most Sony products is just ridiculously high.
Thats just my take of owning mostly Sony products in my 40 year life span.
GO SONY!post #86 of 60508/5/14 at 9:44amQuote:Originally Posted by haloxt
I'd keep this in mind though if you are planning to buy, Sony's financial situation is not good and they may not be around to honor warranty claims before the end of these headphones' warranty periods.
Although, according to that same article,
"As grim as all this sounds, Sony posted its first annual profit in five years at the end of the last fiscal year.
Numbers have remained positive since the turn of the year after major changes were made in management."
This, of course, is very good news - but it's still wait-and-seepost #87 of 60508/5/14 at 9:48am
I would expect the bass to be greatly improved and hopefully go deeper with less harmonic distortion. What I'm hoping to not see is this:
Between 2Khz and 10Khz it goes all over the place. The MDR-Z1000 also uses 50mm LCP drivers. I think it was also described as having a "concert hall" sound.
Edited by Dreyka - 8/5/14 at 9:52ampost #88 of 60508/5/14 at 11:07ampost #89 of 60508/5/14 at 12:49pm
- Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Vape-Fi 24 seconds ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 3 minutes ago
- › Flawless albums 3 minutes ago
- › Warm, lush sounding headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 4 minutes ago
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › DUNU DN-2000J by HiFiChris
- › MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation by HiFiChris
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by hakushondaimao
- › Creative T4W 2.1 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker System by BloodyPenguin
- › G430 Gaming Headset by themastercheif
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by themastercheif
- › Rolls PM57 Headphone Tap by BeatsWork
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2