I sure hope this is a true R10 successor, if so I'm all over this headphone. The R10 is the best headphone I've ever heard out of the countless headphones I've auditioned, no other headphone has wow'd me the same way as the R10.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productFostex TH600 Dynamic Headphonestagged by cb3723, 9/8/14
- productFostex TH 900tagged by cb3723, 9/8/14
- brandSonytagged by cb3723, 9/8/14
- productSony MDR-1Rtagged by cb3723, 9/8/14
- productSony mdr xb 1000tagged by cb3723, 9/8/14
- productSony MDR-Z7tagged by cb3723, 9/8/14
- productUltrasone Signature DJtagged by cb3723, 9/8/14
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 9:34 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Closed Back Over Ear Headphone? Last post on Yesterday at 8:33 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fostex TH-600/900 replacement pads? Last post on 9/18/14 at 2:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The ultimate closed-back headphone? Last post on 4/19/14 at 7:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- ~$1000 budget for Cans for on the go Last post on 3/20/14 at 6:57am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 - Page 6post #76 of 8818/4/14 at 1:03am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 8818/4/14 at 4:50amQuote:
This isn't helping me to get a grip on my anxiety... please stoppost #78 of 8818/4/14 at 7:19ampost #79 of 8818/4/14 at 2:41pm
R10 & 010 were really hard cans to drive and needed an amp to hear their potential.
EX1000 & Z1000 requires no amp and were winners for the audiophile for portability (if you didnt like them, bad luck 'cause you probably spent more to get your audiophile needs). $499 was a great selling proce compared to other iems/headphones above this price.
This upcoming flagship hopefully will also be easy to drive, and now knowing PHA-1 & 2 are weak amps, maybe a new amp is along the lines to drive this upcoming one (if its power hungry)post #80 of 8818/4/14 at 9:41pmpost #81 of 8818/5/14 at 2:31ampost #82 of 8818/5/14 at 3:37am
I'd keep this in mind though if you are planning to buy, Sony's financial situation is not good and they may not be around to honor warranty claims before the end of these headphones' warranty periods.post #83 of 8818/5/14 at 6:57ampost #84 of 8818/5/14 at 8:57amHonestly I like Sony quite a bit
I really hope they pull out from this
I bought a fair amount of their products from a Blu-ray player, PS3, tons of games, headphones to even a TV and have never had issues.post #85 of 8818/5/14 at 9:11am
Sony needs to
1. Open an online music store and sell music, movies etc. at a reasonable prices. Formats should be simple and nothing resteicted
2. Come up with some new names as Bravia, Walkman etc. seem too RETRO. I said this before since we are in a digital age maybe come up with something like digitalman. i like the suffix '-man'
3. Cut down on their packaging. Super quality packaging but they need to cut it down and make it simple. Seem like to much 'engineering' is going on with the packaging and less of the products.
4. Bring out different ranges of electronics (based upon pricing) and keep on the shelves for some years. Look at the current listing for mp3 players.One E series model with 2 storage capacities and both are low end.
5. Bringing out newer headphones ever year seems to be a waste. (look at beats hardly ever bring out new products and look how well they're doing)
6. Most important of all - Original retail pricing on most Sony products is just ridiculously high.
Thats just my take of owning mostly Sony products in my 40 year life span.
GO SONY!post #86 of 8818/5/14 at 9:44amQuote:Originally Posted by haloxt
I'd keep this in mind though if you are planning to buy, Sony's financial situation is not good and they may not be around to honor warranty claims before the end of these headphones' warranty periods.
Although, according to that same article,
"As grim as all this sounds, Sony posted its first annual profit in five years at the end of the last fiscal year.
Numbers have remained positive since the turn of the year after major changes were made in management."
This, of course, is very good news - but it's still wait-and-seepost #87 of 8818/5/14 at 9:48am
I would expect the bass to be greatly improved and hopefully go deeper with less harmonic distortion. What I'm hoping to not see is this:
Between 2Khz and 10Khz it goes all over the place. The MDR-Z1000 also uses 50mm LCP drivers. I think it was also described as having a "concert hall" sound.
Edited by Dreyka - 8/5/14 at 9:52ampost #88 of 8818/5/14 at 11:07ampost #89 of 8818/5/14 at 12:49pm
- Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 28 seconds ago
- › WTB: Shure SE846 Canada/USA 35 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 41 seconds ago
- › Beg for answers: how many Sony MDR-R10s were made? 47 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 50 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)