- 787 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productFostex TH600 Dynamic Headphonestagged by cb3723, 9/8/14
- productFostex TH 900tagged by cb3723, 9/8/14
- brandSonytagged by cb3723, 9/8/14
- productSony MDR-1Rtagged by cb3723, 9/8/14
- productSony mdr xb 1000tagged by cb3723, 9/8/14
- productSony MDR-Z7tagged by cb3723, 9/8/14
- productUltrasone Signature DJtagged by cb3723, 9/8/14
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 2:31 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Closed Back Over Ear Headphone? Last post on Yesterday at 7:37 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Fostex TH-600/900 replacement pads? Last post on 10/18/14 at 2:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The ultimate closed-back headphone? Last post on 10/8/14 at 7:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- ~$1000 budget for Cans for on the go Last post on 10/14/14 at 3:03pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 - Page 156post #2326 of 233510/22/14 at 8:08pmI have denon ah-d600 headphones that came with two cables. A portable with a mic and an " audiophile" one. They do sound different from one another.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2327 of 233510/22/14 at 8:14pmQuote:
Ahh...cables. Probably the most confusing part of headphone equipment. Ever.post #2328 of 233510/22/14 at 8:15pmQuote:
just talking about the th900's sound signature doc. haven't heard the new sony can yet.
Edited by up late - Today at 8:17 pmpost #2329 of 233510/22/14 at 8:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by purrin
It's drier. part of it is the slight lower mid suckout of the TH900. really helps clarity aspect and prevent its monster bass from intruding into the rest of the band. but at slight cost - being on the dry side. Probably explains why I prefer the TH900 on lusher tube amps like the Stratus.
So which one do you prefer? The TH900 or the Z7?post #2330 of 233510/22/14 at 8:27pmpost #2331 of 233510/22/14 at 8:45pmQuote:
Made worse because sony didn't include a shorter cable with the z7 and chose to market an expensive third-party one instead.
Edited by gr8soundz - Today at 8:48 pmpost #2332 of 233510/22/14 at 9:27pm
I really wish I could hear these headphones soon. This thread has absolutely blown up.
So far every thread that is introducing a new closed back flagship headphone design is getting a lot of views. I think closed back headphones are proving to be "audiophile" headphones when in the past they weren't mentioned as much as costly open back models.
EDIT: I can vouch for cute though. These fancy shmancy cables really do "open" up closed back headphones. Not sure if it's the OCC copper or silver, but I'd imagine there is better cross talk and capacitance with an unimpeded signal going through. So let the cable modders rejoice, and the naysayers naysay. I am beyond a doubt that cables make a difference, it is just how much of a difference they make is what people argue over the most.
Edited by wahsmoh - Today at 9:31 pmpost #2333 of 233510/22/14 at 9:30pmpost #2334 of 233510/22/14 at 9:46pmQuote:
I know that sound.. It's like hearing music as it should sound in a room. It's the ability for headphones to convey the sense that the voices in the song are of real people and they are travelling within the confines of where it was recorded. I especially like vocals recorded in a "chamber" like setting. Hearing that vocal echo decay into blackness is something that I find hard to replicate with most open headphones (compared to some of the TOTL closed cans)post #2335 of 233510/22/14 at 10:07pm
Plugs! Cables! Sound! Mods! A unique car comparison analogy. Me ranting incessantly (because I wanted to get this done before going to Tokyo). And one lame joke as usual.
- Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Official NYC Metro Area "Headphonatics Anonymous" Fall Meet -... 41 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 51 seconds ago
- › Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 1 minute ago
- › New England Headfi Meet - Saturday December 6th, 2014! 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › IHIFI 760 + NEW 770 (lucky pg#13) : From makers of the 812V2 / 960 3 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 5 minutes ago
- › Whiplash twag v2 and Ak100/120 charging dock with remote 5 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 portable DAC/amp 5 minutes ago
- › UM mentor CIEM and Shure se846 and phonak 122 7 minutes ago
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)