Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › I need a pair of $50 headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I need a pair of $50 headphones

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 

I know that the most I'll get is mediocre performance,sound and build quality,but I ended up blowing my entire budget on my pc.Until I can muster the money to get a pair of HD 600s and something to power it,I need something to use until then.I listen primarily to classical music,but I enjoy and listen (to some extent) all genres bar country.I hate country.Anyways,what should I get and what should I expect from it?

post #2 of 17

Code geass?

 

Koss prodj100 with m50 pads if possible (i dont think theres much more competition to this)

Harmon kardon cl (price drops in the US)

 

They both will definetly surprise you.

post #3 of 17
Thread Starter 

Thanks!I'll look into them.Also,yes,Code Geass.It's the last thing I rewatched and Euphemia was on the list of my favorite characters (and I did mean list-the cast is huge).

post #4 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphemia View Post
 

Thanks!I'll look into them.Also,yes,Code Geass.It's the last thing I rewatched and Euphemia was on the list of my favorite characters (and I did mean list-the cast is huge).

Did you finish it (including code geass r2)?

post #5 of 17

I have heard good things about the Superlux 668B and it's clone the Samson SR850.

 

For a little more you can also get the Superlux HD330 or HD660 which have pretty good reviews.

 

I do not own any of the above headphones, but they generally have positive reviews.

 

You could also buy a used set of AKG K240. I do own these (55ohms, newer model) and I think they have a very good price-to-performance ratio.

post #6 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ffbeat View Post

I have heard good things about the Superlux 668B and it's clone the Samson SR850.

For a little more you can also get the Superlux HD330 or HD660 which have pretty good reviews.

I do not own any of the above headphones, but they generally have positive reviews.

You could also buy a used set of AKG K240. I do own these (55ohms, newer model) and I think they have a very good price-to-performance ratio.
Tyll made a review for the superlux
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/superlux-hd-668b-and-hd-681-headphones
post #7 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ffbeat View Post

I have heard good things about the Superlux 668B and it's clone the Samson SR850.

For a little more you can also get the Superlux HD330 or HD660 which have pretty good reviews.

I do not own any of the above headphones, but they generally have positive reviews.

You could also buy a used set of AKG K240. I do own these (55ohms, newer model) and I think they have a very good price-to-performance ratio.

I'll check them out.Thanks!
post #8 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zunehdrocks View Post

Did you finish it (including code geass r2)?

I did,and I thought what happened was the second saddest event in the entire show,including R2.You probably know what the first is.It's not my favorite series,but you can't argue that it isn't a great show nonetheless.
post #9 of 17

Are you considering iems? If so, theres the havi b3 pro 1 from penon audio.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/711582/havi-b3-pro-1-impressions-thread

post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphemia View Post


I did,and I thought what happened was the second saddest event in the entire show,including R2.You probably know what the first is.It's not my favorite series,but you can't argue that it isn't a great show nonetheless.

Yeah

I didn't like it at all but it was a good anime. It surpasses guilty crown and katanagatari in "viewer cruelty".

Clannad afterstory not so much...


Edited by zunehdrocks - 7/21/14 at 7:05pm
post #11 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zunehdrocks View Post

Are you considering iems? If so, theres the havi b3 pro 1 from penon audio.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/711582/havi-b3-pro-1-impressions-thread

I'm not really looking for one,since I'll be using these headphones at home nearly all the time and won't benefit from the portability of the iems.

Personally,I felt that Clannad (especially the second half) had more heartbreaking material than Code Geass by a mile.To be fair,most shows full under this relationship and the ending was superb.The problem I had with it was in the second half of the show,where it became less about the strategy and more about a straight-up arms race.It's like the makers planned out the ending beforehand,but didn't quite know how to get to it.Some episodes were better than the consistently good R1 episodes,but others were just terrible.Like that episode where Lelouch has to date a bunch of girls because of Sayoko.What happened to the story?
post #12 of 17
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphemia View Post

I'm not really looking for one,since I'll be using these headphones at home nearly all the time and won't benefit from the portability of the iems.

Personally,I felt that Clannad (especially the second half) had more heartbreaking material than Code Geass by a mile.To be fair,most shows full under this relationship and the ending was superb.The problem I had with it was in the second half of the show,where it became less about the strategy and more about a straight-up arms race.It's like the makers planned out the ending beforehand,but didn't quite know how to get to it.Some episodes were better than the consistently good R1 episodes,but others were just terrible.Like that episode where Lelouch has to date a bunch of girls because of Sayoko.What happened to the story?
I agree partially
I do agree that some episodes were just terrible


I would've liked that episode if that was an ova. I kinda liked the filler. It broke some of the tension for me (although some would say its simply anticlimactic).
post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphemia View Post

I'm not really looking for one,since I'll be using these headphones at home nearly all the time and won't benefit from the portability of the iems.

Personally,I felt that Clannad (especially the second half) had more heartbreaking material than Code Geass by a mile.To be fair,most shows full under this relationship and the ending was superb.The problem I had with it was in the second half of the show,where it became less about the strategy and more about a straight-up arms race.It's like the makers planned out the ending beforehand,but didn't quite know how to get to it.Some episodes were better than the consistently good R1 episodes,but others were just terrible.Like that episode where Lelouch has to date a bunch of girls because of Sayoko.What happened to the story?
I can't handle tragic animes right now. The lack of "innocence" in code geass is really crushing me.
post #15 of 17
Oh
Quote:
Originally Posted by zunehdrocks View Post

Yeah
I didn't like it at all but it was a good anime. It surpasses guilty crown and katanagatari in "viewer cruelty".
Clannad afterstory not so much...
i forgot to add this:
Dont watch katanagatari. The ending is complete crap and the ending has a few plot holes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › I need a pair of $50 headphones