Originally Posted by xrodx
Hello, first of all i want to thank you for this awesome fw ... but now the drama ... the hold switch on my dx90 broke, (and it got stuck on hold position, so i had to open the unit and manually switch it with a pointy thing) and it doesn't work anymore, so I came here to ask if there is any way to access the boot menu using another combination of keys (power + volume down, for example).
I'll appreciate some guidance on how to make this work again, or how to modify the fw myself in future releases.
Here's another workaround without flashing between FWs.
If DX90 is booting into Rockbox by default do these steps to boot to Mango.
You need to edit the content of /data/chosen_player file. It is set to 1 at this point and you need to change it to 0.
1. Settings -> General Settings -> File View -> Show Files.
This option must be set to "All", so the chosen_player file is visible from the File Browser.
2. Go to Files and locate "chosen_player" file from the /data folder. Go to the top-most level (root) directory then go inside the data folder.
3. Once you located "chosen_player", select and hold the file using the touch screen until the context menu appears. Select "Open with ..." and choose "text editor".
4. You should see "1" on the first line and already highlighted. Press the "PLAY" button to invoke the on-screen keyboard.
5. From there just change 1 to 0. To save the changes, just press and hold the center location of the touch-screen. You will go back to the previous screen and should now show "0". Press the power button to invoke the main menu and select "Save and Exit".
6. Reboot. it will run Mango instead of Rockbox.
If DX90 boots to Mango by default and you want to switch to Rockbox just do a factory reset in Mango and it will automatically reboot to Rockbox.
Edited by headwhacker - 11/4/14 at 10:11am