New build ready for download. Please take note of the new install procedure.
26/09/2014 - Rockbox binaries and related files moved to DX90’s internal storage (/mnt/sdcard). Making it accessible to the user when plugged into a PC/Mac/Linux USB connection. This will keep update files smaller and make future updates simple and doesn’t require factory resets nor reflashing Ibasso’s firmware/image.
- Busybox added in the package (/sdcard/apps/utils). Useful debugging via adb.
- Plugins added
For first-time users or DX90 users using rockbox version prior to 0_6_0.
1. You need to download two sets of zip file
a. DX90FW_Vx.x.x_patched_*.zip - Ibasso’s DX90 official firmware patched with boot selector menu.
b. Rockbox_DX90_y_y_y.zip - Main rockbox for DX90 package.
2. Extract the update.img file from the patched DX90 zip file. Then the “apps” folder from the rockbox zip file.
3. Copy them over to DX90's internal storage. (Make sure DX90 is set to "Storage" from the USB settings menu in Mango)
4. Disconnect DX90 from USB and go to Settings >> Advanced >> System update and select "OK".
5. Wait until DX90 completes the firmware update.
6. To get the boot selector menu screen, shutdown DX90 (press and hold the power button), turn on (slide up) the hold switch then turn on DX90.
7. Delete the update.img file only from DX90’s internal storage.
8. Enjoy both Mango (Lurker's modded version) and Rockbox on your DX90
For users who are already running version 0_6_0 or later.
1. You only need to download the Rockbox Zip file.
2. Boot into Mango. Make sure DX90 is set to "Storage" from the USB settings menu. Extract the “apps” folder and overwrite the existing one in DX90’s internal storage.
3. Reboot with the hold switch on and select rockbox from the menu.
Edited by headwhacker - 9/25/14 at 6:39pm