Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware) - Page 18

post #256 of 1303

Sorry for the noob question, but can someone please link or post instructions on how to install lurker's firmware?  I've got the update.img ready.  Its been awhile since I've updated my DX50...not sure if its the same.

post #257 of 1303

1. copy update.img to the inside memory

2. choose "update firmware" from Settings - Advanced

3. do factory reset afterwards

 

its better if DX90 battery is fully charged when doing fw update.

post #258 of 1303

I always used iTunes to manage my library when I had an iPod. Therefore most of my files are mp3 or ALAC files. None of my album art is displaying on my DX90 with the latest rockbox. 

 

Any ideas what I can do to fix this?

post #259 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2HBK View Post
 

I always used iTunes to manage my library when I had an iPod. Therefore most of my files are mp3 or ALAC files. None of my album art is displaying on my DX90 with the latest rockbox. 

 

Any ideas what I can do to fix this?


If i remember correctly, iTunes doesn't embed any artwork and/or lyrics and staff inside media and rather keeps it in media DB, which it syncronizes along with media files. I would try something like mp3tag to check if it isn't a rockbox bug and fix it right away.

 

To rockbox: still have realy random crackling issues but it almost unnoticible. What worries me more is that with this build i had my rockbox settings reset several times with no apparent reason (battery wasn't low). Strangely, media DB didn't reset a single time.

post #260 of 1303
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk84r View Post


If i remember correctly, iTunes doesn't embed any artwork and/or lyrics and staff inside media and rather keeps it in media DB, which it syncronizes along with media files. I would try something like mp3tag to check if it isn't a rockbox bug and fix it right away.

 

To rockbox: still have realy random crackling issues but it almost unnoticible. What worries me more is that with this build i had my rockbox settings reset several times with no apparent reason (battery wasn't low). Strangely, media DB didn't reset a single time.

 



By reset you mean rockbox reverts to default settings and themes? If yes, I notice the same behavior but only if I force a shutdown while rockbox is playing music. If I pause the music playing before I shut it down it does not reset the settings.

What I do as a workaround at the moment is turn on the hold switch before booting and select rockbox again. So you don't have to redo your settings. Another option is to save your settings to a file and then reload it when you need to. I have not look at the reason why it resets the settings yet.
post #261 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk84r View Post
 


If i remember correctly, iTunes doesn't embed any artwork and/or lyrics and staff inside media and rather keeps it in media DB, which it syncronizes along with media files. I would try something like mp3tag to check if it isn't a rockbox bug and fix it right away.

 

To rockbox: still have realy random crackling issues but it almost unnoticible. What worries me more is that with this build i had my rockbox settings reset several times with no apparent reason (battery wasn't low). Strangely, media DB didn't reset a single time.

 



By reset you mean rockbox reverts to default settings and themes? If yes, I notice the same behavior but only if I force a shutdown while rockbox is playing music. If I pause the music playing before I shut it down it does not reset the settings.

What I do as a workaround at the moment is turn on the hold switch before booting and select rockbox again. So you don't have to redo your settings. Another option is to save your settings to a file and then reload it when you need to. I have not look at the reason why it resets the settings yet.


Guessed as much. But I could sware one time it did reset while it wasn't playing anything, Thanks for hold thing, will test that.

Saving file is not an option - its a portable one and I rarely have a PC around (phone won't do, 'cause rockbox not on sd) and, on the average, setting avarything manualy take about as much time as getting to PC and restoring settings file, IMHO.

post #262 of 1303
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk84r View Post


Guessed as much. But I could sware one time it did reset while it wasn't playing anything, Thanks for hold thing, will test that.

Saving file is not an option - its a portable one and I rarely have a PC around (phone won't do, 'cause rockbox not on sd) and, on the average, setting avarything manualy take about as much time as getting to PC and restoring settings file, IMHO.

 



You can save the settings as a file within DX90. And you can load it from rockbox. You don't need a PC for that. Check Settings -> Manage Settings. That will be saved on DX90's internal storage
Edited by headwhacker - 8/10/14 at 7:39pm
post #263 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post

 


You can save the settings as a file within DX90. And you can load it from rockbox. You don't need a PC for that. Check Settings -> Manage Settings. That will be saved on DX90's internal storage

 

Thanks a ton. That actualy helps. Good luck figuring whats went wrong :)

post #264 of 1303
I have Rockbox 0_1_4, but it make all versions. Maybe it is not bug, but it is not comfortable. When player is in Play screen and screen is off, firts press of any HW button (forw, rev, volume, ...) have not effect, but jump to Menu (screen is all time off). Second press have correct effect. But when I press power to screen on, player is in Menu. Is it possible modify this?
post #265 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmasterx View Post

I have Rockbox 0_1_4, but it make all versions. Maybe it is not bug, but it is not comfortable. When player is in Play screen and screen is off, firts press of any HW button (forw, rev, volume, ...) have not effect, but jump to Menu (screen is all time off). Second press have correct effect. But when I press power to screen on, player is in Menu. Is it possible modify this?


Perhaps you have enabled this: Settings -> General settings -> Display -> LCD Settings -> First buttonpress enables backlight only. Also, from what you described you misinterpret buttons functions in rockbox - Power button is equal to back button, so if you press it to screen on you end up one level up, which is menu if you where on play screen.

post #266 of 1303

Guys, I can't seem to build the database. It finds items, and then just, doesn't do anything anymore, doesn't matter how long I let it do its thing. 

Has anyone else encountered the same problem?

post #267 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleybob217 View Post

Guys, I can't seem to build the database. It finds items, and then just, doesn't do anything anymore, doesn't matter how long I let it do its thing. 
Has anyone else encountered the same problem?

I have with the latest release. Suggestion was to try with previous release, but I've been too lazy to do that and have just been using file browsing.
post #268 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmatheis View Post


I have with the latest release. Suggestion was to try with previous release, but I've been too lazy to do that and have just been using file browsing.

Oh right, should've mentioned this as well. I also am unable to browse the files on the sd card. Everything works fine on the stock OS though.

post #269 of 1303
Thread Starter 

I just updated the 1st page to include the source code.

post #270 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleybob217 View Post
 

Oh right, should've mentioned this as well. I also am unable to browse the files on the sd card. Everything works fine on the stock OS though.

+1! thank you for the release and support so far

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware)