or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware) - Page 16

post #226 of 1288
Can I first flash lurkers version and then rockbox and so have both?
post #227 of 1288

iirc last RB should be with lurkerz int. v2

post #228 of 1288
Quote:
Originally Posted by haens View Post

iirc last RB should be with lurkerz int. v2
Correct.
Really looking forward to this new one. Fast boots again smily_headphones1.gif
Though this never bothered me to begin with it is a very nice feature.
I have some albums on my sdthat send rb into a panic so just trying to isolate those so I can see why.
Other than that really enjoying rockbox. In fact listened to it all day Friday as apposed to the stock firmware.

One thing though, and @headwhacker this probably isn't your problem. But when using the DX as a DAC in mango, the DX its self would lock up after 5 mins or so, stopping output.
Not a problem with rockbox it's self but only seems to occur when using duel boot.
No matter, most of the time I am just listen jng directly.

Great work on this port. Really enjoying it smily_headphones1.gif
post #229 of 1288
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaTou069 View Post

Can I first flash lurkers version and then rockbox and so have both?

 

No need to do that. My build already includes Lurker's modded FW. You just need to flash the latest RB build and you already have both. :)

post #230 of 1288
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyd4 View Post


Correct.
Really looking forward to this new one. Fast boots again smily_headphones1.gif
Though this never bothered me to begin with it is a very nice feature.
I have some albums on my sdthat send rb into a panic so just trying to isolate those so I can see why.
Other than that really enjoying rockbox. In fact listened to it all day Friday as apposed to the stock firmware.

One thing though, and @headwhacker this probably isn't your problem. But when using the DX as a DAC in mango, the DX its self would lock up after 5 mins or so, stopping output.
Not a problem with rockbox it's self but only seems to occur when using duel boot.
No matter, most of the time I am just listen jng directly.

Great work on this port. Really enjoying it smily_headphones1.gif

 

Can you check if this is happening if you just use the stock 2.1.0?

 

Lurker's modded FW removed several files and processes which are not essential for playback on Mango. But I'm not sure if that has any effect on USB DAC function. I never used the feature before since I'm using a Mac. I have a Windows XP running inside a vmware but I can't make the USB DAC working on it either. 

post #231 of 1288
I will roll back stock 2.1 tomorrow when I am back listening on PC smily_headphones1.gif
Will let you know
post #232 of 1288
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post
 

 

No need to do that. My build already includes Lurker's modded FW. You just need to flash the latest RB build and you already have both. :)

Great, Thanks.

Another question:

 

when clicking on database and agreeing on the device scanning for files, it gets always stuck at the same number

Could this be becaus of files it cant read? .dsf or 24bit flac files?

 

Thanks

post #233 of 1288
To [Rockbox_DX90_0_1_2 author, ask a question. ]

· I found an external output bit rate problem in Rockbox_DX90_0_1_2.
, Sound emanating from the earphone output or be output in bit rate music files? .
, Sound is output is displayed as 24bit 44.1Kbps on the LCD screen of the DAC equipment When you connect to the DAC device and corresponds to 24bit 192k in the coaxial output from DX90, can be coaxial output at a bit rate of the music file you have put in DX90 thank you so.
In addition, it is displayed as 24bit 192k The DAC equipment firmly When you play the music connected to the DAC equipment coaxial connection in the way of mango.
Bit rate of the music files that are placed in the DX90 is my 24bit 192k.

Thank you correction.

Edited by Alphonse - 8/3/14 at 3:01am
post #234 of 1288

Nice update with the new dual boot and the latest Mango firmware moded by Lurker0, we have a really great DAP with two amazing player ! Kudos @ headwhacker and Lurker0 :etysmile: 

post #235 of 1288
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaTou069 View Post
 

Great, Thanks.

Another question:

 

when clicking on database and agreeing on the device scanning for files, it gets always stuck at the same number

Could this be becaus of files it cant read? .dsf or 24bit flac files?

 

Thanks

flacs files should be supported but not dsf as far as I know.

post #236 of 1288
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphonse View Post
 
To [Rockbox_DX90_0_1_2 author, ask a question. ]

· I found an external output bit rate problem in Rockbox_DX90_0_1_2.
, Sound emanating from the earphone output or be output in bit rate music files? .
, Sound is output is displayed as 24bit 44.1Kbps on the LCD screen of the DAC equipment When you connect to the DAC device and corresponds to 24bit 192k in the coaxial output from DX90, can be coaxial output at a bit rate of the music file you have put in DX90 thank you so.
In addition, it is displayed as 24bit 192k The DAC equipment firmly When you play the music connected to the DAC equipment coaxial connection in the way of mango.
Bit rate of the music files that are placed in the DX90 is my 24bit 192k.

Thank you correction.

 

Rockbox do not natively support 24-bit files yet. It can play them but down-samples to 16/44.1Khz. You are better off down-sampling your 24bit files using SoX or similar tool and play it natively in Rockbox than let it downsample your 24-bit files.

 

 

post #237 of 1288

CabbieBasso theme for Rockbox on DX90/DX50

 

Version 1.0. Based on Cabbie v2++.

 

Installation:
1. Unpack archive
2. Copy all folders from rockbox folder to rockbox folder on player internal memory

 

I can't paste images on this forum yet, you can see what it looks like here.


Download link.


Edited by napka - 8/29/14 at 2:22am
post #238 of 1288

kinda weird but i cant access the mango player with this update of rockbox

post #239 of 1288
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post
 

flacs files should be supported but not dsf as far as I know.

So is this the reason that the scan gets stuck, or should it just ignore them?

post #240 of 1288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negataros View Post

kinda weird but i cant access the mango player with this update of rockbox
Please be more precise. The boot mechanism has changed, the dualboot selector appears only if you leave hold switch "on"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware)