Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › DENON DA-10 DSD - New portable DAC/Headphone AMP
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DENON DA-10 DSD - New portable DAC/Headphone AMP

post #1 of 221
Thread Starter 

Denon has joined the portable DAC/AMP club. DSD, gain switch, variable or fixed output and quite macho looks on this one.

 

• Advanced AL32 Processing
• DAC master clock design
• PCM1795 - 192kHz/32bit D/A Converter
• 192kHz/24bit and DSD (2.8MHz/5.6MHz) files
• Asynchronous mode
• Supports ASIO, WASAPI EVENT
• Fixed analogue output mode to connect to Hi-Fi Amp
• USB Micro-B input for computer
• USB-A input (for iPod/iPhone/iPad)
• Mini Jack (AUX) input for Android device or portable device
• Smartphone size for mobility (Target: iPhone5 size)
• 8H run time rechargable battery

• Bag/Pouch for both DA-10 and your portable player (t.b.c.)
• Solid volume knob for Hi-Fi quality look and feel
• Gain switch (Low, High) for different impedance Headphones
• DA-10 works and charges battery when connected to computer by USB
• Aluminum body (Premium Silver)
• Gold plated HP Jack

• Frequency response: 2 Hz - 50 kHz (-3dB)
• Signal-to-noise ratio: 108dB (Volume max, 2V)
• Total harmonic distortion: 0.003% (1 kHz, audible range)
• Headphone Power: 40mW + 40mW (32 ohms, 1% distortion), 18mW + 18mW (600 ohms, 1% distortion)

• The size is 139 x width 64 x depth 29mm thickness. 

• 240g Weight

• Date of release October in Japan, November for Italy

• Price: - ¥42000, 329€, 2798SEK

 

 

Source

http://www.denon.jp/jp/News/Pages/News-Details.aspx?NewsType=company%20news&NewsId=293&Year=

http://www.monoandstereo.com/2014/07/denon-da-10-dsd-dac-new.html

http://www.areadvd.de/tests/high-end-2014-der-auftritt-von-denon-und-marantz/

http://japanese.engadget.com/2014/07/20/da-10-usb-dac-dsd-5-6mhz-pcm-192khz-24bit/

http://www.avmagazine.it/news/sorgenti/denon-da-10-dac-portatile-dsd_9388.html

http://www.quotidianoaudio.it/news/dac/denon-10-convertitore-portatile-dsd/

http://www.avcesar.com/actu/id-14465/denon-da-10-dac-polyvalent-fixe-ou-portable.html


Edited by HiFiRobot - 10/18/14 at 2:12am
post #2 of 221
very sexy looking, wonder how is sounds...
post #3 of 221

I can't wait for this to come out!!!!

post #4 of 221
I wonder if the USB input A will only work for ipod and not android, might be a bit of a draw back for me. But good luck denon cant wait to hear one.
post #5 of 221

I hope some day Denon releases an all-in-one HD portable music player too.

post #6 of 221
I know they have the music software app but I have never used it but I have seen the UI and I like it so as long as they utilized that in the DAP I would more than likely buy it.
post #7 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiorisekine View Post

I know they have the music software app but I have never used it but I have seen the UI and I like it so as long as they utilized that in the DAP I would more than likely buy it.

I would like a Denon portable high res player that plays every format under the sun + this portable DAC/amp built-in as an all-in-one solution. They can make it big and bulky, wouldn't mind one bit, oh and it also needs a massive storage like 128GB or something.

post #8 of 221

It's almost October and there's no news of this coming out?

post #9 of 221
Well the planned release date according to Amazon Japan is October 11th. So soon!
post #10 of 221
Thread Starter 
Now listed in both uk and germany.

£299
http://pricespy.co.uk/product.php?p=2836738

€329
http://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/Typ/4951035054390L100624695.html

https://geizhals.de/denon-da-10-silber-a1162898.html
Edited by HiFiRobot - 10/8/14 at 9:39am
post #11 of 221

any word on how it sounds, and do you think it will drive audeze lcd2 rev2 and sound signature does it have

post #12 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by hykhleif View Post
 

any word on how it sounds, and do you think it will drive audeze lcd2 rev2 and sound signature does it have

 

says 6-300 ohms on the spec sheet

post #13 of 221

i was wondering where can i buy one to be shipped to israel

 

it strange no reviews yet though for it until now

post #14 of 221

maybe it is slightly to early for reviews - at least for the english speaking world. the denon da-10 is released in japan in these days.

 

if you use google translate you can read a bit here -

 

early review (3 pages):

http://www.phileweb.com/review/article/201409/18/1356.html

 

2-part interview with development division manager (from the denon offical blog):

part 1: http://pr.denon.com/jp/Denon/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=316#.VDfcs76yTCF

part 2: http://pr.denon.com/jp/Denon/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=317#.VDfexL6yTCE

 

something more here:

http://www.fujiya-avic.jp/blog/?p=14829

 

and here (6 pages):

http://www.phileweb.com/news/d-av/201407/19/35296.html

 

and here:

http://www.phileweb.com/news/audio/201407/18/14706.html

 

i have ordered it in norway for the price of $ 429/€ 340

post #15 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi-hi-fi View Post
 

maybe it is slightly to early for reviews - at least for the english speaking world. the denon da-10 is released in japan in these days.

 

if you use google translate you can read a bit here -

 

early review (3 pages):

http://www.phileweb.com/review/article/201409/18/1356.html

 

2-part interview with development division manager (from the denon offical blog):

part 1: http://pr.denon.com/jp/Denon/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=316#.VDfcs76yTCF

part 2: http://pr.denon.com/jp/Denon/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=317#.VDfexL6yTCE

 

something more here:

http://www.fujiya-avic.jp/blog/?p=14829

 

and here (6 pages):

http://www.phileweb.com/news/d-av/201407/19/35296.html

 

and here:

http://www.phileweb.com/news/audio/201407/18/14706.html

 

i have ordered it in norway for the price of $ 429/€ 340


can u show from where u bought it and do they ship to israel, as i find that it might be a good decent solution for me with my iOS device

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › DENON DA-10 DSD - New portable DAC/Headphone AMP