Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › This Old House...what happened to Steve Thomas?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

This Old House...what happened to Steve Thomas?

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
A reply in Edwood's "real estate noob(http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=74466)" thread got me wondering where Steve Thomas went from the show This Old House or This Old House Classics. Did he get fired?
post #2 of 12
Thread Starter 
OK, next time I'll google before I post. I found the answer.
post #3 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by harkamus
OK, next time I'll google before I post. I found the answer.
If you found the answer could you tell me if we have a little chance of doing the same thing with the «new smiling» face in that program....

Amicalement
post #4 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by genetic
If you found the answer could you tell me if we have a little chance of doing the same thing with the «new smiling» face in that program....

Amicalement
??? Not quite sure what you're asking, but if you want to know what happened to Steve Thomas, go here. http://www.oldhouse.com/forum/index....09&postid=4140
post #5 of 12
norm should host. steve thomas was a bit wooden.
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by harkamus
??? Not quite sure what you're asking, but if you want to know what happened to Steve Thomas, go here. http://www.oldhouse.com/forum/index....09&postid=4140
O.K. Thomas and the producers were not on the same channel... The end of the last season an the beginning of the new one was a disgrace for the hardcore fans.... The way they introduced the new guy was so embarrasing...

The new host is a major pain (O.K. he's new on the job...) and I dont watch the program anymore.

Amicalement

BTW Norm is a great guy but he is as exciting as watching the paint drying on the wall.
post #7 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by genetic
O.K. Thomas and the producers were not on the same channel... The end of the last season an the beginning of the new one was a disgrace for the hardcore fans.... The way they introduced the new guy was so embarrasing...

The new host is a major pain (O.K. he's new on the job...) and I dont watch the program anymore.

Amicalement

BTW Norm is a great guy but he is as exciting as watching the paint drying on the wall.
SMACKS self* Smiling face...as in the guy that replaced Steve Thomas...not as in --->

I'm sure if enough people emailed the producers of the show and showed their dislike of that n00bie, we could get him fired.
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by harkamus

I'm sure if enough people emailed the producers of the show and showed their dislike of that n00bie, we could get him fired.
No need. Damage is done. The new guy is doing what he can. But it was so rude from the producer to exit Thomas (who was at least an upgrade from Bob Villa) that way.

Amicalement
post #9 of 12
what that show really needs is a host like red green.
post #10 of 12
Steve Thomas was an idiot. He just got in the way. They should just leave the show to Norm and Tommy. No host needed with these two.
post #11 of 12
I believe steve thomas sailed solo across the pacific before getting the toh gig. I know he did something nautical. He would fit right in with the toh crew , that is if they are outdoors people. Norm does look like a lumberjack. Using the sun for navigation is much like using angles in building a frame.
The new guy looks like a frat boy.
edited to correct the trip and he wrote a book on sailing in micronesia "the last navigator"
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman
They should just leave the show to Norm and Tommy. No host needed with these two.
This would suit me fine. I never cared for Steve's style either. New guy seems a bit under studied to be with Norm and Tommy and the gardner, but at least he's not full of himself.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › This Old House...what happened to Steve Thomas?