Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › today i just hated all my gear
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

today i just hated all my gear - Page 2

post #16 of 21

Well, enjoying anime and crappy anisong on HD800 rig everyday XD

post #17 of 21
I kind of agree with the music expansion but it's something that I feel that's not really easy for a lot of people. Commonly, people listen to a limited genre of music and appreciating other kinds of music can take many years.

I'm not saying that people should expand their tastes but for the more complex stuff like jazz and classical it will sound boring and even sound like gibberish for a lot of folks but I do know that after a while, it can sound logical and make sense after repeated listenings. It could take many years actually. I know this older guy who never appreciated jazz and classical but lately he's starting to "get it" and seems to appreciate it. Things that are an acquired taste can take time or may never be accepted.

I know one thing, I do not make a habit of listening to the same music I loved in high school. I personally believe music should always move forward. Even if I listen to old music that I have never heard before, it's still new music to me.

To me it makes no sense to spend over $5,000 worth in gear if you only like just one or two styles of music like the majority of the population.
post #18 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spareribs View Post

To me it makes no sense to spend over $5,000 worth in gear if you only like just one or two styles of music like the majority of the population.

 

This in a nutshell. 

 

Other than that though: Take a few days off listening. When you come back, everything sounds glorious again.

 

Funny bonus story: Back when I was in university I went on a one-week Aikido Winter school in the mountains where I spent the time without TV or radio (there wasn't any internet back then). While in the car on the drive back home we turned on the radio to a regular station and first song that played was NIN -- Closer, which before that moment I hadn't heard at all. So the first music I hear after a week of not hearing any is Trent Reznor singing "I want to f you like an animal". I was completely and utterly blown away.

post #19 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post
 

 

This in a nutshell. 

 

Other than that though: Take a few days off listening. When you come back, everything sounds glorious again.

 

Funny bonus story: Back when I was in university I went on a one-week Aikido Winter school in the mountains where I spent the time without TV or radio (there wasn't any internet back then). While in the car on the drive back home we turned on the radio to a regular station and first song that played was NIN -- Closer, which before that moment I hadn't heard at all. So the first music I hear after a week of not hearing any is Trent Reznor singing "I want to f you like an animal". I was completely and utterly blown away.

Went to a survival camp for one month in Colorado where you fast the very last three days. Needless to say the cornflakes tasted great when we returned to civilization.

 

Funny how that works.

post #20 of 21
Thread Starter 

i don't know but today i feel all love to my gear especially the audeze, I don't why some days I feel things sound so great and some other days like crap, today is one of those days that I like what I am hearing

post #21 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by hykhleif View Post

i don't know but today i feel all love to my gear especially the audeze, I don't why some days I feel things sound so great and some other days like crap, today is one of those days that I like what I am hearing



Sound perception is a funny thing. If someone has a touch of a cold the ears can get clogged and you don't know it. If you hear a really loud train on the way home it can effect your ears till the next day. These little things are not dramatic but they effect our hearing.

A lot is based on personal mood at the time. Drinking stuff like coffee or tea, beer effects your mental state and your perception of music.

Our brain can also be receptive into the order music is played. You can play an old song and the brain will want to listen to something completely new thus old song is boring. Or if the brain is tired it will want to hear an old song that it does not have to work at understanding. Due to the time of day or mental load, we do not have control over the condition emotionally of our brain.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › today i just hated all my gear