Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread. - Page 16

post #226 of 233
Works great with my DX50. Gotta believe it would be awesome with the DX90 biggrin.gif
post #227 of 233

I've just bought a Soundmagic HP150 two weeks ago (under recommendations from this website) and I can't be happier about the sound. The headphone is paired with ODAC/O2 combo. Instrumentals and strings sound more alive on this headphone, the sound is coherent from bass and treble. Not bright-sounding on my system but possesses that vital sparkle.

 

BTW has anyone found this headphone merciless at exposing compression artifacts? Modern pop and rock CDs sometimes sound so "frayed" at the edges, I suppose it's the result of clipping in the audio signals (after checking the clipped waveform at Audacity). But on well recorded CDs the sound really is excellent.

post #228 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by chongky View Post

BTW has anyone found this headphone merciless at exposing compression artifacts? Modern pop and rock CDs sometimes sound so "frayed" at the edges, I suppose it's the result of clipping in the audio signals (after checking the clipped waveform at Audacity). But on well recorded CDs the sound really is excellent.

Any headphone with good detail and clarify will allow you to hear either how good or how bad a recording is. And because you can hear how good some recordings are, it calls even more attention to where recordings are bad in contrast. It's the nature of using good headphones smily_headphones1.gif
post #229 of 233

Does anyone currently have the HP10 and the HP150 for comparison? From what I have seen so far, there are varying opinions about the differences between them. I read one guy's review who said that the HP150 was closer to the HP200 in sound than the HP100, meaning that it was more spacious and bass lacking. Meanwhile, I have read some stuff in this thread where people say that the treble of the HP150 is more rolled off than the HP100, giving it a warmer signature.

 

If anyone currently has both (I don't really trust memory), I would be really appreciative of an A/B comparison.

post #230 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

Any headphone with good detail and clarify will allow you to hear either how good or how bad a recording is. And because you can hear how good some recordings are, it calls even more attention to where recordings are bad in contrast. It's the nature of using good headphones smily_headphones1.gif

+1
post #231 of 233

I'm using a HP150 with an E07 and it took me to understand them, I'm not the biggest fan of vocals, but I prefer a mid-centric sound, in the case of E07K found the EQ boomy and had to leave him to stay with -4dB to my taste. I also had to get used to big bass, but also learned to appreciate a great medium grave. I'm enjoying the double, but I already have plans to change this dac/amp for a more neutral, accepting suggestions.

edit: sorry for google english.

post #232 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangdomarkin View Post
 

I'm using a HP150 with an E07 and it took me to understand them, I'm not the biggest fan of vocals, but I prefer a mid-centric sound, in the case of E07K found the EQ boomy and had to leave him to stay with -4dB to my taste. I also had to get used to big bass, but also learned to appreciate a great medium grave. I'm enjoying the double, but I already have plans to change this dac/amp for a more neutral, accepting suggestions.

edit: sorry for google english.

 

E11k as a portable amp, and E10k for desktop/laptop use.

post #233 of 233

any dac/amp that pairs well with hp150? budget is around USD150.

Audioengine D1? Yulong U100 ?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread.