- 73 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: St.Petersburg, Russia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCEntrance Mini-M8tagged by joe, 2/6/15
Related Forum Threads
- AMP/DAC for UERM? Last post on 8/18/15 at 3:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 6/26/15
I had only tried IEM's bought at local stores until I got these, and they were a huge upgrade. In fact, I would argue these are the best set you could have bought at the time for the price. They...
Got this as a gift from the girlfriend, sadly it is WAY too powerful for nearfield and will be selling it for a much less powerful model. Quality issues with a slightly sticky pot which went away...
For larger (1200 x 800) images - simply click the photo INTRODUCTION I don’t think there would be many people of my vintage who are into computer audio, and haven’t heard of Creative Labs. My...
q-Jays - Purity and Elegance ^ 2 https://www.jays.se/products/q-jays/ I received q-Jays as a loan in the tour on the Danish head-fi community forum www.hoved-fi.dk Courtesy of Claus....
[Originally reviewed at Basshead.Club] How do they do it? Brainwavz continues to impress with its budget-friendly new Jive IEM for Android and iOS devices. Brainwavz Jive In the...
Centrance Mini-M8 - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
From the Centrance updated website:
`Mini-M8 is ideally suited for driving IEM headphones. Our flagship HiFi-M8 continues to be our most powerful amp -- it drives the most challenging over-head cans in the world. But if you prefer IEM listening, you don't need all that power -- and then Mini-M8 is for you!`
Edited by ExpatinJapan - 7/19/14 at 2:27pm
I'm sure mgoodman will chime in again, but no, I don't believe he means to imply there will be a mod available. The mini M8 is a lot less powerful than the original; generally, less powerful amps will have a lower noise floor.
To mgoodman: Could you tell use what headphone and iem models were used to test the mini? I do sometimes use my M8 with my ciems, but I barely get any play with the volume pot, and there is definitely some background hiss.
Edited by mgoodman - 7/19/14 at 5:58pm
We tried our standard assortment of headphones and feel that noise floor is low enough to be unnoticeable, even with balanced armature phones. Remember, there is a 3-position gain switch that may help dial in the level just right. On the left, at the lowest gain setting, the noise is lowest of all.
Volume done in the digital domain or analog?
- Digital this time. Perfect stereo tracking, never a scratching noise in the pot, long life.
What cables, case, separator etc will be included?
- Have not made final decisions yet. Power supply for sure
Gain selections, output impedance, power output?
- Specs coming soon.
How is input selection handled? Is it that while the toslink/coax input is connected it overrides everything else and the usb switch controls whether it is a PC or iDevice? Or does the switch's middle position double as the toslink/coax selection?
Some photos which I think are from Capital Audiofest.
Mini-M8 with the AK100 (?)
Hifi-M8 and Mini-M8.
Quite a size difference, more pocketable.
Mini-M8 and AK240.
Mini-M8 and Hifiman 901.
The unit needs to be ON, which means that the source/power switch on the back panel need to be in either the left or right position. In the middle position the unit is OFF and neither input works.
- Centrance Mini-M8
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Schiit Owners Unite 10 seconds ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 1 minute ago
- › *FLASH SALE* Sennheiser Amperior Closed Back Headphones Refurb 1 minute ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Studio Monitor Headphones Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! 3 minutes ago
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by whitedragon551
- › Lenntek Sonix 3 w/ Microphone by Incognito101
- › SMSL SA-98 Flagship-level Top HIFI Digital Big Power Amplifier... by yay101
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by Brooko
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by rasmushorn
- › Brainwavz Jive by Luckbad
- › Brainwavz S3 by jant71
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by pixelsphotopro
- › RHA T20 by earfonia
- › Woo Audio WA22 by tassardar
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2