- 73 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: St.Petersburg, Russia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCEntrance Mini-M8tagged by joe, 2/6/15
Related Forum Threads
- AMP/DAC for UERM? Last post on 8/18/15 at 3:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 6/26/15
Fidelio X2 is a really nice headphone at this price point. I paid only 190 USD for a new pair and cannot be more happy with the purchase. X2 sounds very open and has an airy soundstage. Still the...
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
Centrance Mini-M8 - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
From the Centrance updated website:
`Mini-M8 is ideally suited for driving IEM headphones. Our flagship HiFi-M8 continues to be our most powerful amp -- it drives the most challenging over-head cans in the world. But if you prefer IEM listening, you don't need all that power -- and then Mini-M8 is for you!`
Edited by ExpatinJapan - 7/19/14 at 2:27pm
I'm sure mgoodman will chime in again, but no, I don't believe he means to imply there will be a mod available. The mini M8 is a lot less powerful than the original; generally, less powerful amps will have a lower noise floor.
To mgoodman: Could you tell use what headphone and iem models were used to test the mini? I do sometimes use my M8 with my ciems, but I barely get any play with the volume pot, and there is definitely some background hiss.
Edited by mgoodman - 7/19/14 at 5:58pm
We tried our standard assortment of headphones and feel that noise floor is low enough to be unnoticeable, even with balanced armature phones. Remember, there is a 3-position gain switch that may help dial in the level just right. On the left, at the lowest gain setting, the noise is lowest of all.
Volume done in the digital domain or analog?
- Digital this time. Perfect stereo tracking, never a scratching noise in the pot, long life.
What cables, case, separator etc will be included?
- Have not made final decisions yet. Power supply for sure
Gain selections, output impedance, power output?
- Specs coming soon.
How is input selection handled? Is it that while the toslink/coax input is connected it overrides everything else and the usb switch controls whether it is a PC or iDevice? Or does the switch's middle position double as the toslink/coax selection?
Some photos which I think are from Capital Audiofest.
Mini-M8 with the AK100 (?)
Hifi-M8 and Mini-M8.
Quite a size difference, more pocketable.
Mini-M8 and AK240.
Mini-M8 and Hifiman 901.
The unit needs to be ON, which means that the source/power switch on the back panel need to be in either the left or right position. In the middle position the unit is OFF and neither input works.
- Centrance Mini-M8
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › (WTB) Panasonic RP-HJE900 (ONE DAY SEARCH) 14 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 6 minutes ago
- › Post CanJam cynicism. 8 minutes ago
- › IEMs with detachable cables? 9 minutes ago
- › JVC Victor HP-DX1000 9 minutes ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (Sunday, August 30, 2015) - part of CanMania @... 10 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 10 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 11 minutes ago
- › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! 11 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2