I want to listen to my S5/music when I'm not at home. Just curious if the Galaxy S5 earbuds that came with it are any good. Also can you guys recommend me good earbuds that don't require portable amp/dac?
Related Forum Threads
- Best IEM for ipod 5.5g around or under $100? Last post on 11/24/14 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- iem recommendation Last post on 3/16/15 at 12:02am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- $150 to spend on IEM Last post on 10/10/14 at 3:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection Last post on 8/24/15 at 2:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Would like help with finding a new headset and new earbuds under $150 and wireless if possible. Last post on 6/28/14 at 10:02pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
The Introduction Well, lovely citizens of head-fi, I am finally ready to bring you the review of the new T50RP mod by ZMF Headphones, known as the ZMF Omni. It is a semi-open headphone that...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website link:...
Preamble: Hi guys, I'm a budding audio-appreciator since starting on this journey about a year and a half ago. I just have average ears that like to listen to slightly above average music and so...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Brainwavz S3 you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated...
Introduction First of all, I would like to thank Aune (@AuneAudio) for giving me the opportunity to review their unit. This is the link to the relevant head-fi thread:...
Are the earbuds that came with Galaxy S5 any good or is it crappy like iPhones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Depends what you mean by "good". You could get the Phillips SHE3590 for around 10 bucks or you could get the Hifiman RE-400 for 100 bucks. What kind of music do you listen to and how much do you want to pay for them?
I'll also throw in the Vsonic GR07 and GR07 Bass Edition, which seem to be forum favorites under ~$150.
Also take a look here: http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone-list/#
I just bought the new S5 and .... those ear-buds are VERY good!!
And they are very much better then older generations from Samsung or Apple.
I also run a AKG K551, Beyer-dynamic DT880 and Pioneer DJE-2000 in-ears.
So; I have some comparison. The ear-buds that come with the S5 are VERY much better then most included ear-buds.
Suggestion: Get some compliance tips to put on those ear-buds, you ll be surprised.
That said ... there is always room for improvement, but I would advise using the ones that came with the phone for a while, so you get used to the sound.
Then look out to test some others.
Edited by CasperBxl - 7/6/14 at 2:40pm
Edited by JOHNNY LOLO - 4/28/15 at 2:43pm
- Are the earbuds that came with Galaxy S5 any good or is it crappy like iPhones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 11 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 55 seconds ago
- › Should I buy the Philips SHP9500 for $120, wait, or get another... 1 minute ago
- › Good DAP with 2 microsd slots? 1 minute ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for a good quality headphone extension cable 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman Edition S - NEW Closed Portable 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz New S3 discussion thread. 4 minutes ago
- › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ROCK Zircon + Mula IEM Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by PacoTaco
- › Noontec Wireless Headphones ZORO II Wireless Hi-Fi Bluetooth On-Ear... by twister6
- › RHA T20 by RedTwilight
- › Brainwavz S3 by thatBeatsguy
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by GioF71
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by suman134
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by nmatheis
- › Philips SHE3905BK/27 In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Black by Whitigir
- › Music Hall de-be Portable Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2