or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › best sounding open headphones under 500
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

best sounding open headphones under 500

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
Hey guys new here. I was lately thinking about upgrading my headphone experience to the next level. I have the HD 449 as my very first pair. As I said I'm not an audiophile. But I really enjoy listening to music at its best. My budget is between 300 to 500 dollars. I listen to all kinds of music, it just depends on my mood what I'm gonna listen to but Mostly I listen to classical, jazz, rock, acoustic,pop and electronic music. Im looking some over ear open back headphones, comfort is number one priority. I really need to know what is the best quality headphones under my budget. Not planning to use it outdoor and I have separate headphone for electronic and bass music. Just want headphone for clarity natural sound it doesn't matter if it needs an amp.
post #2 of 15
For natural, HD600 is probably your best choice. But some other recs are HE-400, HE-500, DT880, Q701, T90, HD650. Aside from the HE-X00 series, I've own/owned all that I've mentioned. My faves are the Beyers (DT880 and T90s), I like a brighter toned hp but they're not described as natural, the HD600 is tho.
post #3 of 15
Thread Starter 
Thanks. are the Beyers comfortable as senns. I was actually thinking about the beyers but I wasn't sure about its size(size doesn't matter) and comfort ability ). And I found that beyers are cheaper than the HD 600. How about overall performance what do you think perform well?
Edited by hifikid245 - 7/2/14 at 1:10pm
post #4 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifikid245 View Post

Thanks. are the Beyers comfortable as senns
They are for me. I have the T90s on about 6+ hours a day at work. So 30+ hours a week on average.
post #5 of 15
Thread Starter 
Thanks for another info,, hows the t90s padding on your ear? Is it large enough to occupy the whole surrounding of the ear? I'm sorry if I have a wrong use of words English is not my native language
post #6 of 15

Maybe wait for HE-400i.Seems to be a winner!

post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifikid245 View Post

Thanks for another info,, hows the t90s padding on your ear? Is it large enough to occupy the whole surrounding of the ear? I'm sorry if I have a wrong use of words English is not my native language
Yea, it sits around the outside of the ears. And the pads are thick so your ears aren't touching the inside of the cups/drivers.
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocolinho View Post
 

Maybe wait for HE-400i.Seems to be a winner!

yea the 400i Should be out soon, I would wait for it. Hifimans newest Planar should be on par with if not a step above the HD 600 in terms of sound, seeing as both employ a "natural" and warm sound signiture, but the HE 400i being a bran new can with some cutting edge technology 

 

but the Beyers are also another wonderful choice, 

post #9 of 15

T90's are outstanding headphones but except one problem: If the record or your gear is weak, it will not forgive.. Because it reveals every detail and every sizzle.

 

So, if your gear is more than good, buy T90's and look no other headphones. (Don't worry about comfort. They are very comfortable)

 

But Senn's are more forgiving. I have HD 650's and I absolutely love them so far! 

 

If you don't like bright sound, I don't recommend Beyer's.

post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtu Fortuna View Post
 

T90's are outstanding headphones but except one problem: If the record or your gear is weak, it will not forgive.. Because it reveals every detail and every sizzle.

 

So, if your gear is more than good, buy T90's and look no other headphones. (Don't worry about comfort. They are very comfortable)

 

But Senn's are more forgiving. I have HD 650's and I absolutely love them so far! 

 

If you don't like bright sound, I don't recommend Beyer's.

yah bright sound is pretty much what makes a Beyer headphone, a Beyer

 

that and ofc it's Burtal un forgiving :3 

post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

yah bright sound is pretty much what makes a Beyer headphone, a Beyer

 

that and ofc it's Burtal un forgiving :3 

Agree. I have DT 770. Beyer is all about treble. I'm not meaning this is a bad thing. T90's are amazing!

post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtu Fortuna View Post
 

Agree. I have DT 770. Beyer is all about treble. I'm not meaning this is a bad thing. T90's are amazing!

yup, and the amazing bright ness of the Beyers, make them really wonderfully balanced sounding on good tube amps 

 

or if your like me, you might just like your bright headphones with bright amps :3 

post #13 of 15

If you really need something comfortable, check the SoundMagic HP200 (maybe there's a new version out soon). as soft and comfortable as a pillow

post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

yup, and the amazing bright ness of the Beyers, make them really wonderfully balanced sounding on good tube amps 

 

or if your like me, you might just like your bright headphones with bright amps :3 

I'm using them with my Fiio E17-E9 combo setup. Very happy so far.

 

Beyerdynamic is just pure class :happy_face1:

post #15 of 15
Thread Starter 
Thank you so much guys for all the replies I never expected someone will actually comment on my post,not in many forums I guess. You guys helped me alot as l just getting started I really appreciate how you welcome newbies
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › best sounding open headphones under 500