I own an AKG K550 which I use at my house and I would like to get another one for my office. I love how big the K550 sounds but what I am missing is the bass. Its really weak and I somewhat love bass. (i tried using an EQ but the bass still isn't there and if I boost too much, the bass starts to sound artificial). I power it with a JDS O2 + ODAC and my source is my computer (foobar).
Now I need another headphones for my office and I need it to be closed so that I won't disturb my officemates.
As of now, my best choice from my research is the Beyerdynamic DT770 80ohm which sells for about $170. Is there any other alternative that would give me a better sound overall ? (much like an AKG K550 plus bass)
Note: I cannot test various type of headphones since I live in the Philippines and we don't have that much choices here. This is why I need to rely on your suggestions and buy it from the US and have it shipped to my friend in US (wherein he will ship it to me).
By the way, some other info:
- budget $300
- I cannot audition different headphones as stated above
- I will have to rely on research and suggestions
- I will power my office headphone with a JDS O2 + ODAC
- My source will be my computer
- I listen mostly to pop songs
- I will never use this as a mobile headphone. My headphone will never leave the office
- I will mostly use this for music
- I hate sharp treble and love warm, sweet music.