Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Premier Sponsor Forums and Sponsor Forums › Sponsor Forums › FiiO › FiiO X3 beta firmware 3.00EX available for download. Added beta ExFAT support
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO X3 beta firmware 3.00EX available for download. Added beta ExFAT support

post #1 of 68
Thread Starter 
Dear all,

A new beta firmware for the X3, 3.00EX, is available for download here.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/31y5xxppz6rppxy/X3_FW3.0EX.zip

The change from the previous 3.0 firmware lies in added support for ExFAT formatted microSD cards.

Please note the following:
  1. This is a development beta. Please consider carefully whether you want to upgrade to it. (You can always downgrade back to 3.0 or any previous version)
  2. Problems encountered with this firmware may be posted to this thread--please keep the main X3 thread free from clutter regarding bugs on beta firmware.
  3. To avoid public misunderstanding, please refrain from posting about bugs and imperfections of the beta firmware outside this beta firmware discussion thread.

Thank you and best regards,
Joe
Edited by Joe Bloggs - 7/2/14 at 4:16am
post #2 of 68

downloading and thanks for your trust 

post #3 of 68

first ... i think the sound sig of this version is a keeper ... i guess it is in the mid ground between the bright beta 2.14 and the   official fw.3 ( which is similar to the old 2.1 but done right ) very clean and really neutral .... this is things to me at least till now from my initial listening (any body can confirm that ?? )

- the album arts still displayed as the previous version bigger than the screen size 

 

- there is no differences i noticed in that version till now same stability with fat32 format ..same every thing .. BTW  i am lazy now to format my card to ExFAT and fill it again :biggrin: but i will try to do it tomorrow 


Edited by Mmet - 7/1/14 at 7:37pm
post #4 of 68
If Joe Bloggs just said the difference between 3.0 and 3.0ex is the ExFAT support. How come it be that they have different sound signature?
post #5 of 68
As a PC/mac user I'm glad of the ExFAT support addition. But before trying:
You mention we can always downgrade to 2.0. Is it any problem if we want to come back to standard 3.0 from 3.0ex?

Thanks in advance.
post #6 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asincrono View Post

As a PC/mac user I'm glad of the ExFAT support addition. But before trying:
You mention we can always downgrade to 2.0. Is it any problem if we want to come back to standard 3.0 from 3.0ex?

Thanks in advance.

 

you can always upgrade to any version you want and without any problem.

post #7 of 68

Thanks for the clarification.

 

I will test the exFAT as soon as I can.

 

By the way, I was testing the firmware tools (to change de theme) and looking at the file "system_attribute\default.ini" I found that the "<eq_flag>1</eq_flag>//0 开 1 关" is (if I understand correctly) turn off. Is it safe to turn it on?

 

Thanks.

post #8 of 68

I am trying out the new firmware.  Seems fine but it has only been a few hours. 

 

The sound signature seems fine, but I thought it was fine with the last two firmware releases also.

 

I must admit I am not convinced that the sound signature is changing as much as our user group think it is changing.  From FIIO's perspective I wonder if they are making any changes at all to this section of the firmware.    Am I audiophile loser, or are we all collectively buying in to some kind of placebo effect?

 

FIIO, any commnents ?

post #9 of 68

I've been using this new beta. I had a (nearly) empty card which I reformatted to exFAT in my Mac, put a few files on and tried in the X3. It all seems to be working well. I'll put some more files on later.

post #10 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalsnuffy View Post

I am trying out the new firmware.  Seems fine but it has only been a few hours. 

The sound signature seems fine, but I thought it was fine with the last two firmware releases also.

I must admit I am not convinced that the sound signature is changing as much as our user group think it is changing.  From FIIO's perspective I wonder if they are making any changes at all to this section of the firmware.    Am I audiophile loser, or are we all collectively buying in to some kind of placebo effect?

FIIO, any commnents ?
may be you are right about the placebo thing ... But with the previous firmwares the 2.14beta & 3 the official one the sound signatures are different and apparent without any comments from fiio too ... Placebo or not ..i am enjoying the sound sig. of this firmware and this is the most important thing smily_headphones1.gif
post #11 of 68
I haven't tried this beta because I don't care about exFAT support, but I could see how placebo effect could be kicking in now. Despite not trying to alter the sound sig (via personal communique with Fiio), Fiio certainly did something special with 2.14b. Now that people have experienced that, they could be on the lookout for sound sig changes - and we often find what we're looking for wink_face.gif.
post #12 of 68
Nice sounding name for a firmware BTW
Testing...
post #13 of 68

I/ve been using the new firmware and it works fine.  I use a Mac Mini and formatted the card to exfat via disk utility.  The first thing i noticed is how much faster I can load songs on an exfat formatted card.  :L3000:

post #14 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmatheis View Post

I haven't tried this beta because I don't care about exFAT support, but I could see how placebo effect could be kicking in now. Despite not trying to alter the sound sig (via personal communique with Fiio), Fiio certainly did something special with 2.14b. Now that people have experienced that, they could be on the lookout for sound sig changes - and we often find what we're looking for wink_face.gif.

In order to poke the hornets nest a little more, I'd like to remind people that 2.14b had that volume bug. It is possible the bug was more severe than just a string in an ini file - remember that the number of vol steps was doubled. Maybe all the people claiming better sound are really just listening to a flaw.:evil::D.

Can't really make an opinion myself since I tend to focus more on the music itself, not the sound (I'm funny that way).

post #15 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Trev View Post

In order to poke the hornets nest a little more, I'd like to remind people that 2.14b had that volume bug. It is possible the bug was more severe than just a string in an ini file - remember that the number of vol steps was doubled. Maybe all the people claiming better sound are really just listening to a flaw.evil_smiley.gifbiggrin.gif .
Can't really make an opinion myself since I tend to focus more on the music itself, not the sound (I'm funny that way).

If that was a flaw, gimme more flaws wink_face.gif.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: FiiO
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Premier Sponsor Forums and Sponsor Forums › Sponsor Forums › FiiO › FiiO X3 beta firmware 3.00EX available for download. Added beta ExFAT support