Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread - Page 61

post #901 of 3043

Just received my A83 and have listened to them via HTC One M8, Fiio X5 direct, Fiio X5 w/Fiio E12, Oppo HA-1, and Fiio E17/E9.

 

Tracks:

 

Take Five - Jazz at the Pawnshop

Gov't Mule - Mulennium - Lay Your Burden Down

Infected Mushroom - Vicious Delicious - Artillery

Ray Lamontagne - Till The Sun Turns Black - You Can Bring Me Flowers

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of The Moon - Money

 

Initial observations:

 

- benefits from amplification, but not fussy about it. All amplification seemed to perform about the same.

- nice bottom end that doesn't intrude on the other frequencies.

- Midrange is balanced and fairly warm. I was expecting them to be a bit more recessed based on reviews, but not my experience,

- With the full on guitar rock of Gov't Mule they seemed a touch harsh, but I had just listened to this album with my LCD-3, so could be just in comparison.

- With  Electronic music they had lots of slam (in fact if this is your genre, don't wait...buy them!), with a really nicely controlled top end. They also shone with Jazz at the Pawnshop (cymbals really sparkle)

 

Overall first experience is very positive

post #902 of 3043

"(cymbals really sparkle)"

 

Yes, one of the best thing about these, the clarity in the upper end.

 

"I was expecting them to be a bit more recessed based on reviews"

 

All the reviews I've seen and people I talked to before buying mentioned how mids were NOT recessed.  

 

You'll find that they respond to the quality of the song.  Good master will sound superb, bad master, well, you'll hear how it's a bad master.

post #903 of 3043
Quote:
Originally Posted by olddude View Post
 

"(cymbals really sparkle)"

 

Yes, one of the best thing about these, the clarity in the upper end.

 

"I was expecting them to be a bit more recessed based on reviews"

 

All the reviews I've seen and people I talked to before buying mentioned how mids were NOT recessed.  

 

You'll find that they respond to the quality of the song.  Good master will sound superb, bad master, well, you'll hear how it's a bad master.


After about 3 hours I am one of the many that are struggling to find the "best" tips for A83. I get the best seal with the large silicon(I always use large). I just went through all of my tips comply, westone star tips etc.... and of course they appear to fit a smaller stem. I think the ones from my FX850's will fit and they are comfy, but I have only one pair and don't really want to swap them. So I would rather have a good silicon...suggestions  folks please!

post #904 of 3043

I settled on the Comply, and get a good seal and they seemed to provide the best overall tonal balance.

post #905 of 3043
Quote:
Originally Posted by floydfan33 View Post
 

I settled on the Comply, and get a good seal and they seemed to provide the best overall tonal balance.


You already had comply that fit?

post #906 of 3043

I used the included foam tips (not sure if they are genuine Comply). I will be ordering a set though.

post #907 of 3043

Comply S500 Large work for me.  You've got to do some back and forth to seat them, but once they're in, the Fidue sounds great.

post #908 of 3043

Sony Isolation tips (hybrids with internal foam) large = brilliant.  Sadly you can't seem to buy them separately.

 

Second choice would be Comply - I've been using medium T400s, but suspect large T400s might be better for me in the long run.

post #909 of 3043

Yes on the Comply- I don't want to brag, but I HAVE to use the Large size.  :biggrin:

post #910 of 3043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooko View Post

Sony Isolation tips (hybrids with internal foam) large = brilliant.  Sadly you can't seem to buy them separately.

Second choice would be Comply - I've been using medium T400s, but suspect large T400s might be better for me in the long run.

Brroko: Are the stock complys same like what bwavz supply with budget IEMs?the black ones......
post #911 of 3043
Did anyone try meelec tips with A83s?.......if so hows the fit & isolation?.
post #912 of 3043
Quote:
Originally Posted by olddude View Post
 

Yes on the Comply- I don't want to brag, but I HAVE to use the Large size.  :biggrin:

I think it's only when you have big feet you can brag - big ears don't qualify.:atsmile:

post #913 of 3043
post #914 of 3043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post


Brroko: Are the stock complys same like what bwavz supply with budget IEMs?the black ones......

 

Nope - Brainwavz supplies genuine Comply tips.  The Fidue ones are a little more hard wearing (synthetic outer), and also not as soft as Comply's heat active foam.  The Comply is a lot more comfortable, easier to egt a seal (I find) - but the cost is durability - the Comply wear out quicker

post #915 of 3043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooko View Post

Nope - Brainwavz supplies genuine Comply tips.  The Fidue ones are a little more hard wearing (synthetic outer), and also not as soft as Comply's heat active foam.  The Comply is a lot more comfortable, easier to egt a seal (I find) - but the cost is durability - the Comply wear out quicker

Hmm....so far I thought those black ones are least grade from complys,now its fidue's.....coz whenever I wanted to replace them the shaft remained in the nozzles but the foamie ripped off, they not like the grey ones.....as the bonding between shaft and foam is excellent,but like you said it is its durabilty....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread