or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Looking for new headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Looking for new headphones - Page 4

post #46 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by zunehdrocks View Post


Not the dt1350
Theres a dt150
Its a tank

Oh, those things? I wouldn't wear those outside. Who am I, a news channel cameraman? I think only audiophilic madmen over 30 would have the balls to wear those outside. But for OP, who probably isn't even 18 yet, he would only get humiliation and schiit like that. Also, the DT150s are over-ears. OP doesn't want over-ears.

post #47 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post

Oh, those things? I wouldn't wear those outside. Who am I, a news channel cameraman? I think only audiophilic madmen over 30 would have the balls to wear those outside. But for OP, who probably isn't even 18 yet, he would only get humiliation and schiit like that. Also, the DT150s are over-ears. OP doesn't want over-ears.
http://shop.amplifiedhead.com/webshaper/pcm/pictures/Product%20Images/Beyerdynamic/DT150gallery3.jpg
Just to give you an idea how small they are
post #48 of 86
Thread Starter 
Ah the dolphins are over ear as well, I'll keep them in mind for my over ear search, but the monster DNA do look pretty sick and should have to same sound quality as beats since they used to make them, might go for them
post #49 of 86
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zunehdrocks View Post

http://shop.amplifiedhead.com/webshaper/pcm/pictures/Product%20Images/Beyerdynamic/DT150gallery3.jpg
Just to give you an idea how small they are
"Small"
post #50 of 86

You know I had a long drawn out post about audio equipment being materialistic but I'm going to go ahead and say that I'm somewhat surprised/impressed with OP for even having the thought/ability to come on a forum for advise.  Even if his priorities are backwards and doesn't benefit from any advice, the fact that he actually came on a forum for help certainly means something.  Most people that have his wants/needs would just go on the beats website, read "best sounding headphones ever made etc." and say okay.  

 

There is hope?

post #51 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassFace13 View Post

Ah the dolphins are over ear as well, I'll keep them in mind for my over ear search, but the monster DNA do look pretty sick and should have to same sound quality as beats since they used to make them, might go for them
Is on ear vs over ear really that important? I mean in my school I have seen 2 people with ath m50s, 1 person with a beats pro, 6 with beats solo hd, 2 with beats studio 2013, 3 with beats studio, one beats solo, one beats mixr,2 sony x10s, one with beats wireless, and 3 people with sol republic on ears.
Over ears tend to be a lot more comfy
post #52 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by zunehdrocks View Post

Is on ear vs over ear really that important? I mean in my school I have seen 2 people with ath m50s, 1 person with a beats pro, 6 with beats solo hd, 2 with beats studio 2013, 3 with beats studio, one beats solo, one beats mixr,2 sony x10s, one with beats wireless, and 3 people with sol republic on ears.
Over ears tend to be a lot more comfy
Oh and one jvc ha55x
post #53 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassFace13 View Post

Ah the dolphins are over ear as well, I'll keep them in mind for my over ear search, but the monster DNA do look pretty sick and should have to same sound quality as beats since they used to make them, might go for them

Uh, news flash -- Beats did not make the Monster headphones, it was the other way around. Before 2012, Monster made the Beats headphones until they split on that year. And just so you know, the Monster-made Beats headphones were crap comared to the headphones that Beats makes in-house now.

Also, Monster's in-house made headphones sound considerably better than Beats. Since they split up, both Monster and Beats are doing better on their own than as a "team."

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by linglingjr View Post
 

You know I had a long drawn out post about audio equipment being materialistic but I'm going to go ahead and say that I'm somewhat surprised/impressed with OP for even having the thought/ability to come on a forum for advise.  Even if his priorities are backwards and doesn't benefit from any advice, the fact that he actually came on a forum for help certainly means something.  Most people that have his wants/needs would just go on the beats website, read "best sounding headphones ever made etc." and say okay.  

 

There is hope?

There could be hope yet -- besides, there are a lot of fashion-forward cans that look, feel, and sound great. K550/551, K545, H6, MDR-1R, Momentum Over/On-ear, DNA, DNA Pro -- the list goes on and on and on.

post #54 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by zunehdrocks View Post


Is on ear vs over ear really that important? I mean in my school I have seen 2 people with ath m50s, 1 person with a beats pro, 6 with beats solo hd, 2 with beats studio 2013, 3 with beats studio, one beats solo, one beats mixr,2 sony x10s, one with beats wireless, and 3 people with sol republic on ears.
Over ears tend to be a lot more comfy

Yeah, well, some people just like on-ears better than over-ears. It's his choice, seriously. Besides, the M50s aren't as comfortable as I'd like. 

post #55 of 86
Thread Starter 
I'm the guy that researches everything for hours before I buy it, just in case ha
post #56 of 86
Thread Starter 
Another thing I forgot to mention was that I wanted headphones that would collapse into a case that I could put in my backpack and that is another thing about beats and monster headphones I really like
post #57 of 86
Thread Starter 
Also I don't see why beats are hated on for being an accessory as well, people pay 100's of $$ for watches that do the same thing as a 10$ watch, so there's another look at it for you
post #58 of 86
Deleted.

Edited by thatBeatsguy - 7/2/14 at 11:16pm
post #59 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassFace13 View Post

Also I don't see why beats are hated on for being an accessory as well, people pay 100's of $$ for watches that do the same thing as a 10$ watch, so there's another look at it for you

Terrible analogy.  People that spend $500 on a watch are probably buying a mechanical one, not something with a quartz crystal and pcb that cost less than 30 cents to manufacture and know it's made of quality materials.  It's something that won't have its headband snap in half once a month *cough cough beats cough cough*  

 

By that logic you should buy some beats knock offs for $50, no one will ever know the difference.  You don't care about sq right?

 

OP has to be troll at this point.

post #60 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassFace13 View Post

I've decided to go for the beats mixr's

You're going to get hated here..

You should've took a look at AKG, the K450 are very small, maybe not too stylish.

If you're going to wear a headphone for style, not for sound quality, go with Beats.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Looking for new headphones