or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Looking for new headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Looking for new headphones - Page 2

post #16 of 86

Audio Technica ATH-M50

post #17 of 86
Thread Starter 
I'm paying $130 for the beats mixr's and it would be $200+ for the yamaha pro 509's which, by the way, are terribly uncomfortable
post #18 of 86
Thread Starter 
The audio technica ath-m50 is really ugly and id never wear that outside the house
post #19 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassFace13 View Post

The audio technica ath-m50 is really ugly and id never wear that outside the house

OK. For outside I recommend IEM's. Shure SE215 for example. Great value for the money.

 

Don't buy any Beats by Dr. Dre headphone. It's all crap in terms of tonal balance and sound quality.

 

I think you are looking for looks and not the sound.


Edited by Virtu Fortuna - 7/2/14 at 2:54pm
post #20 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassFace13 View Post

I'm paying $130 for the beats mixr's and it would be $200+ for the yamaha pro 509's which, by the way, are terribly uncomfortable

The reason Beats don't get recommended here is that there are always comparable headphones at half of whatever the MSRP is for the Beats, and there is rarely big discounts given on them. If you can get a new pair for about half off, that's not bad smily_headphones1.gif

Still, for me, the comfort issue would be a no go. But everyone is affected differently by that.
post #21 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post


Yep. With Beats, you pay for all the marketing/advertising that makes you (and everyone else) think that they are cool.

Agree! 

Try Dunu DN2000 if you consider in ears. 

post #22 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassFace13 View Post

I'm paying $130 for the beats mixr's and it would be $200+ for the yamaha pro 509's which, by the way, are terribly uncomfortable
Have you actually tried them?
Or are you just bashing it because i bashed beats (for a good reason: they arent worth it)
There are reviews saying there is too much clamping but its much easier to deal with when its an over ear.
Edited by zunehdrocks - 7/2/14 at 5:49pm
post #23 of 86
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zunehdrocks View Post

Have you actually tried them?
Or are you just bashing it because i bashed beats (for a good reason: they arent worth it)
Yeah I've tried them several times, I'm not an audiophile, so I just want good sound quality and something that looks nice outside and the thing that I like about beats is that they are popular and they catch people's eyes
post #24 of 86
Thats what they all say... -_-
Your loss...
post #25 of 86
I'm sorry if I come across as rude, but if you choose beats over other IEMs and headphones just cos some "look bad" and comfort issues, you shouldn't come here at all. Take your discussion elsewhere please. However, to each his own. Like zunehdrocks says, your loss man.
post #26 of 86
Thread Starter 
I'm not going to notice the difference between beats and other headphones so I may as well go for style and comfort
post #27 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassFace13 View Post

I'm not going to notice the difference between beats and other headphones so I may as well go for style and comfort

Then, like FranTBW said, why bother come here? You're not even an audiophile in the first place. GIT OUTA HERE NEWB

Although, I have to say, the Beats Mixr did sound good with the genres he listens to; that is, until you look at the price tag...

If you're looking for good headphones and just end up buying Beats, then you shouldn't be here.

 

If you say you're not going to notice the difference between beass-heavy and bass-light headphones, then try the AKG K545, You...might notice the difference then.

If you say an M50 is ugly, then...oh no...you're a child.

 

D00d, srsly, dis zone ain't d place 4 u. Git b4 u bcome 1 of us. GIT, I SAY.

post #28 of 86
OQuote:
Originally Posted by BassFace13 View Post

I'm not going to notice the difference between beats and other headphones so I may as well go for style and comfort

Everybody has to start somewhere. 

beats is a pretty crappy one

you learn as you go

comfort?

beats mixrs are pretty bad when it comes to comfort


Edited by zunehdrocks - 7/2/14 at 7:13pm
post #29 of 86

Other bassy stylish cans: 

donscorpio dolphin

onkyo es fc300

sony x10

post #30 of 86

Trust me

whenever headphone reviewers start off, they go for beats and a year later they leave a description talking about how crappy they are compared to others.

take a look at

MKBHD

snazzylabs

on youtube

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Looking for new headphones