I got a pair of RHA-SA950i on-ear headphones for Christmas and I've found them to be significantly better than the crappy in ear headphones that I was using before. Unfortunately, they make my head hurt after about 2 hours so I'm looking to buy my first pair of nice headphones.
Here are the things I'm looking for and information about how I listen
1. I'm looking to pay less than $150
2. I'd like to be able to wear the headphones for 6-8 without any discomfort.
3. I listen to classical, jazz, rock and roll and pop/rap
4. I need to be able to wear them in public places like the library.
5. I listen from my iPhone and computer and I get music almost exclusively through spotify (premium)
From the research I've done, it seems the KRK KNS 6400 or 8400 would be a good fit. The Sennheiser 558 also seem like a great pair for me too except for the fact they are open and I don't want them leaking sound in a public place.
The only concern I have with the 6400/8400 is that some reviews have said they are more "analytical" headphones so they may not be appropriate for people trying to enjoy music. Should I be concerned about this since I only want to enjoy the music? Are there other pairs of headphones that would meet the criteria I've set?