Have you ever heard of these? They go by the name of "Ivery IS-1" (or Liberty 1). They're making waves here in China, so I happened to buy one for just 40 RMB (around $6 US dollars). According to Joker's recommendation I was out shopping for the VSONIC VSD1S and that's when I saw these. The store owner told me they are good and they're selling well here in China. He didn't carry the VSD1S, so I gave these a shot. I went home and burned them according to the store owners recommendation of 50 or more hours. But, wow! Did it open up! They sounded incredible and basically out did all my IEM's! I heard details on these that I never heard since building my collection of IEM’s.
1. Good build quality
2. Details are extremely vivid and Analytical
3. Vocals are breath-taking and realistic (not forward or laidback)
4. Bass is quick, stable and clear. Incredible sub-bass (not boomy, nor bloated)
5. Good soundstage –you can hear the different instruments and distinguish them
6. Overall, a mildly V shaped sound!
They also have a special switch (the first I've ever seen) for converting the signal to whatever source you're using (or reverse polarity for MIC and ground wire). So, basically you can use it for professional audio monitoring or your smart phone for incoming/outgoing calls. Incredible concept by this company!
Take a look at some PIX!
Just keep in mind…..in sound alone they outperformed all my gems. But, in no means I’m saying the quality itself is better or there soundstage is the best.
But, this is where I was surprised by the Ivery IS-1 (Liberty 1’s).....
1. Quality: Actually, pretty good! Considering the price I paid for them and what you get; Tough plastic/alloy housing, good stable and quality wires (heat resistance TPE wires), MIC remote with the special converter switch (switch between any audio source and smart phones). A first, I think! Also, small and comfortable enough to please many people from different walks of life.
2. Sound: I don’t know the quality of diaphragm these IEM’s carry, but do know they’re 8mm in size and might be titanium (or titanium coated). But, the sound just blew me away! Best analytical and realistic sound I’ve heard, by far! Soundstage is good and the overall sound range is miraculous! They are mildly V shaped giving you just the right high notes, vocals, and sub-bass tones, when needed.
3. Price: This is a no brainer! In sound alone, I wonder if these will give IEM’s costing several hundred or more dollars a run for their money!
I still like all my IEM’s for their unique sound signatures, but these are currently my new number 1's.
Finally, if you decide to get them, please keep in mind to burn, burn, burn -at least 50-60 hours or more to get the audiophile quality signature it provides. So, make sure not to judge there sound right out the box.
-Also coming, soon!
Please look forward to Joker's review for quality, sound, and where these stand in his immensive ratings of IEM's!
....then hop over to -thatBeatsguy for a breakdown and initial thoughts on them, once he reviews them as well!
-Hope this gives you an idea where the Ivery IS-1 (Liberty 1's) stands! " src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies/etysmile.gif" />
.....almost forgot to mention, they also come in white.
Note: Due to the inconsistencies and the "QC issues" these might present, you are buying at your own risk outside of China. The story and my review was done on my own personal experience with these, nothing more.
Edited by 1clearhead - 9/27/14 at 12:56pm