or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid Discussion Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid Discussion Thread. - Page 4

post #46 of 1414
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapster View Post

Yes, but in the original hype, it was being favourly compared to the JVC fx850, DN2k, and other $400 IEMs

If you don't have anything decent to contribute towards the thread don't post. All I've seen from you is posts referring to T-Peos logo not looking 'like a slong' and now hoping things go wrong. If you don't want too maybe the report button will.
post #47 of 1414
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

If you don't have anything decent to contribute towards the thread don't post. All I've seen from you is posts referring to T-Peos logo not looking 'like a schlong' and now hoping things go wrong. If you don't want too maybe the report button will.
Uhuh....right well I'm just saying that I'm choosing to wait until there's more impressions, I'd caution others too, but then of course, there'd be no impressions.

I'm simply saying that I've seen the same thing before, and while I'm totally open to having cheaper, better IEMs, one should always be cautious of those driving the hype train.

Mostly because I don't want to return anything.
Edited by Hapster - 6/26/14 at 11:27pm
post #48 of 1414

are these flat/neutral or v-shaped in sound? I have never heard the H300 before... no point of reference so to speak. 

post #49 of 1414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapster View Post


Uhuh....right well I'm just saying that I'm choosing to wait until there's more impressions, I'd caution others too, but then of course, there'd be no impressions.

I'm simply saying that I've seen the same thing before, and while I'm totally open to having cheaper, better IEMs, one should always be cautious of those driving the hype train.

TBH, I sense some jealously that there's an IEM coming out performing as well as the H-300 (which you bought) at a 1/3 of the price

post #50 of 1414
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post

TBH, I sense some jealously that there's an IEM coming out performing as well as the H-300 (which you bought) at a 1/3 of the price
I wouldn't call it jealousy, it's a mixed blessing, people with older models are immediately screwed, because they can't return them and now there's no demand for them. Meaning you've wasted money, I don't think anyone exactly enjoys that. The other half is for people who now get to an enjoy an amazing IEM for what is now a "fairly" consumer friendly price.

Also, about the sound sig, H20 said it was warmer than H300, but with less treble spike, so it's probably fairly sub bass bloated, if anything with more upper bass overall. Which isn't a bad thing since the best part of H300 is the bass. So I wouldn't call it v-Shaped, I'd say it's more of a fairly steady slope downward. We won't know until we get a chart of some sort though.
Edited by Hapster - 6/26/14 at 11:37pm
post #51 of 1414
Thread Starter 

Thanks to Hapster I'm no longer answering any questions regarding Alton200.

You'll all need to wait for members impressions.

Last thing I want to be is the "train driver". I was approached by T-Peos to start a thread for the earphone which I did reluctantly due to being so busy, not promote Alton200, not convince you guys you all need to go out and buy it. Simply introduce the product to Head-fi for T-Peos. Being so busy then coming back to little hints of sarcasm and snide remarks on my break isn't something I enjoy addressing.

As I said please read the quoted text. from post #24 Page 2.

Quote:

 

Like I say with everything, I'm not going to bust my chops and tell everyone to buy, I will answer questions best I can.

The truth of Alton200 lies in YOUR hands, the members. 



CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

With that said I suggest anyone looking for answers read back through the thread, many have been answered.

I won't be around to answer all the time unfortunately. 

 
And good luck with Alton200. As of now I'm no longer answering questions. 


Edited by H20Fidelity - 6/27/14 at 12:38am
post #52 of 1414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapster View Post


I wouldn't call it jealousy, it's a mixed blessing, people with older models are immediately screwed, because they can't return them and now there's no demand for them. Meaning you've wasted money, I don't think anyone exactly enjoys that. The other half is for people who now get to an enjoy an amazing IEM for what is now a "fairly" consumer friendly price.

Also, about the sound sig, H20 said it was warmer than H300, but with less treble spike, so it's probably fairly sub bass bloated, if anything with more upper bass overall. Which isn't a bad thing since the best part of H300 is the bass. So I wouldn't call it v-Shaped, I'd say it's more of a fairly steady slope downward. We won't know until we get a chart of some sort though.

Where's this conjecture coming from? H20 said it was very slightly warmer than the H300... so I highly doubt it will sub bass bloated if the H300 wasn't. It's going to be very similarly tuned to the H-300 dude
I would be angry if I was in your position too, but don't project your frustration on other members who are just here to help - maybe refrain from posting your assumptions based on nothing too

post #53 of 1414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapster View Post

I wouldn't call it jealousy, it's a mixed blessing, people with older models are immediately screwed, because they can't return them and now there's no demand for them. Meaning you've wasted money, I don't think anyone exactly enjoys that. The other half is for people who now get to an enjoy an amazing IEM for what is now a "fairly" consumer friendly price.

+1 biggrin.gif
post #54 of 1414
@H20
That sounds promising.

Well anyway, I didn't mean to insult you, since you do by far have the most experience. I'm just a little weary of people claiming to find something that excels so clearly, especially at low prices, and considering their last release really wasn't too long ago.
post #55 of 1414
Too bad I pre-ordered before I found out they're all sub-bass with restrained mids and no treble wink_face.gif.

Seriously though, I'm very curious if these will put my DN1000 in the For Sale forum. I like the smaller size from H2O's comparison pics and have been itching to experience the T-PEOS sound for a while.
post #56 of 1414
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post

Where's this conjecture coming from? H20 said it was very slightly warmer than the H300... so I highly doubt it will sub bass bloated if the H300 wasn't. It's going to be very similarly tuned to the H-300 dude

I would be angry if I was in your position too, but don't project your frustration on other members who are just here to help - maybe refrain from posting your assumptions based on nothing too
Well, imo the H300 was already more than neutral when it came to sub bass and maybe lacking in upper bass. So if you're looking for neutral it hit one nail on the head, but another came up. Although the what I assume to be flat-ish treble is a bonus.

Once again, he's the only person to hear them (for now) and he's already mentioned he intends to move on already, but at the price they're at, honestly I can't see why one wouldn't buy them unless you already have a more expensive pair.
post #57 of 1414
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmatheis View Post

Too bad I pre-ordered before I found out they're all sub-bass with restrained mids and no treble wink_face.gif.

Seriously though, I'm very curious if these will put my DN1000 in the For Sale forum. I like the smaller size from H2O's comparison pics and have been itching to experience the T-PEOS sound for a while.

Is that sarcasm?
Anyway, h20 did directly "compare" them and said they made the dn1k look bad.

I'm tempted to buy them as well as it's always good to have a skeptic listen to them tongue.gif
Edited by Hapster - 6/27/14 at 12:00am
post #58 of 1414
We all know that purchasing an IEM is always a risk if you haven't auditioned it beforehand. That's part of the excitement!

Let's just wait for the impressions to come... I for one can't wait to hear the Altone200. We should also be grateful that H20 took the time and effort to introduce this here at head-fi.
post #59 of 1414
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post

We all know that purchasing an IEM is always a risk if you haven't auditioned it beforehand. That's part of the excitement!

Let's just wait for the impressions to come... I for one can't wait to hear the Altone200. We should also be grateful that H20 took the time and effort to introduce this here at head-fi.

Right. I guess I'm just not very polite at saying exactly that. It's more exciting when you didn't just buy one though, haha.
post #60 of 1414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapster View Post

@H20
That sounds promising.

Well anyway, I didn't mean to insult you, since you do by far have the most experience. I'm just a little weary of people claiming to find something that excels so clearly, especially at low prices, and considering their last release really wasn't too long ago.

I Jumped onto the Ostrys hype train because of him. Turned out to be my best IEM yet. He has a reputation to keep here in Headfi so I doubt he'd go around recommending phones that are not worth recommending. If its $100 and performs better than dn1k thats already awesome considering its a 3 way hybrid at this low price. If anyone should be leading the hype train IMO it should be uncle H20 :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid Discussion Thread.