Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › [ T-PEOS ] Announce Releasing Altone200 and Start Preorder Limitedly
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[ T-PEOS ] Announce Releasing Altone200 and Start Preorder Limitedly - Page 8

post #106 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundblast75 View Post

Can anyone translate?

Let me give it a shot:

 

"Hi,

 

We apologize for not letting you know that we tweaked/improved the Altone200s after receiving the feedback from the beta testers.

 

Thank you,

Sunggoo kwon"

 

Well that's what I wanted it to say :D 

post #107 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundblast75 View Post

Can anyone translate?

 

They didn't change the final retail units following the review samples being sent out.  Why - because the beta testing with H20 Fidelity resulted in a sound sig that (IMO) didn't need further changing.  Again - my review here : http://www.head-fi.org/products/t-peos-altone200/reviews/11304

 

This has been the best IEM I've reviewed this year (SQ, form factor, value).  So good (to my tastes) that I voluntarily paid for the unit.

 

Now I can understand a few people getting 'antsy' about shipping times - but trust me, it's worth the wait.  Patience is after all .... a virtue.

post #108 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooko View Post
 

 

They didn't change the final retail units following the review samples being sent out.  Why - because the beta testing with H20 Fidelity resulted in a sound sig that (IMO) didn't need further changing.  Again - my review here : http://www.head-fi.org/products/t-peos-altone200/reviews/11304

 

This has been the best IEM I've reviewed this year (SQ, form factor, value).  So good (to my tastes) that I voluntarily paid for the unit.

 

Now I can understand a few people getting 'antsy' about shipping times - but trust me, it's worth the wait.  Patience is after all .... a virtue.



I must say I took Altone200 out today with me for the first time simply with Sansa Clip.

Usually I'd take a basic earphone or something cheap leaving my good gear at home (I know it defeats the purpose of 'portable audio') Anyway, taking the Altone outdoors was like living in a different world to what I'm used too, so much fun.

It was like having a hi-end hifi system on the go, time absolutely flew by.

Like Brooko said, hang in there a little longer gents (and ladies), it'll be worth it. 
 

post #109 of 257

The Altone 200 is my new favourite for outdoor portable use.

It's light, looks nice, seems durable, and most importantly sounds REALLY good!

post #110 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post
 

The Altone 200 is my new favourite for outdoor portable use.

It's light, looks nice, seems durable, and most importantly sounds REALLY good!



You cannot help but grin watching people wear apple earpods while listening to Altone. :D *or those beats cough cough headphones*

At one stage I think I might have the "bestest" on the go sound of many people around me!

Only thing one needs worry about is uncontrollably busting out dancing while many people stare at you. ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
 

post #111 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taveren View Post

Let me give it a shot:

"Hi,

We apologize for not letting you know that we tweaked/improved the Altone200s after receiving the feedback from the beta testers.

Thank you,
Sunggoo kwon"

Well that's what I wanted it to say biggrin.gif  

lol.wink.gif
post #112 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooko View Post

They didn't change the final retail units following the review samples being sent out.  Why - because the beta testing with H20 Fidelity resulted in a sound sig that (IMO) didn't need further changing.

rolleyes.gif
post #113 of 257

Sure, he's saying the pre-order ones are exactly what the closed closed pre-order ones are.  No changes from the $105.00 ones to the $125.00 ones .  Though I'd swear I read something by H2O saying there were some changes (colors on barrels or...?).  

post #114 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by olddude View Post
 

Sure, he's saying the pre-order ones are exactly what the closed closed pre-order ones are.  No changes from the $105.00 ones to the $125.00 ones .  Though I'd swear I read something by H2O saying there were some changes (colors on barrels or...?).  



There might be some confusion between the prototype version I have and final retail version which in short has a different outside appearance.

Either way between my Altone200 and any of yours, the sound is 'unchanged'. Only outside characteristics such as packaging, accessories, paint work. etc.

Edit:

BTW: One of the members received theirs today, you can see exactly what it will look like.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/724546/t-peos-altone200-3-way-hybrid-introduction-impressions-high-end-sound-cheap-as-chips/225#post_10729882
 


Edited by H20Fidelity - 7/21/14 at 7:36am
post #115 of 257

So there were changes between the production runs, which, my point, might have slowed things down.  That's all I was saying.

 

Edit- Checked out the pics, the packaging and accessories look great, especially for a "bargain-priced" unit that's "cheap as chips."  

 

I especially like the logo on the package, "hit on the sound."


Edited by olddude - 7/21/14 at 7:41am
post #116 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by olddude View Post
 

So there were changes between the production runs, which, my point, might have slowed things down.  That's all I was saying.



No, I don't think so. When I received mine there weren't "any others" or at least very little to my knowledge, ''no mass production'.

What you're seeing IS the mass production. Hope that clears things up.


 

post #117 of 257

So you had "the one," and the rest of us will get a slightly different one? :dt880smile:

 

Guess we'll be seeing your "original" on eBay in 20 years offered up for sals for thousands of dollars.

post #118 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by olddude View Post

Sure, he's saying the pre-order ones are exactly what the closed closed pre-order ones are.  No changes from the $105.00 ones to the $125.00 ones .  Though I'd swear I read something by H2O saying there were some changes (colors on barrels or...?).  

Hmm Well, my rolling eyes were to highlight the SS not the cosmetics bet. the beta and retail....wink.gif
post #119 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by olddude View Post

So you had "the one," and the rest of us will get a slightly different one? dt880smile.png

Guess we'll be seeing your "original" on eBay in 20 years offered up for sals for thousands of dollars.

lol....his was a blue bullets(gorgeous)....
post #120 of 257

Can you please compare the Altones to the GR07 Bass Edition? Which would you say is objectively better? I've been doing a lot of research and it comes down to these two.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › [ T-PEOS ] Announce Releasing Altone200 and Start Preorder Limitedly