Quite a common question, I assume, but any threads pertaining to these two headphones was kinda unclear by the end.
Basically, they're being sold the me for 70$ (used but good condition), I could buy either.
Can someone explain to me the differences of their sound signatures?
Can you explain the sonic characteristics of those two headphones to these headphones/iems:
1) Sennheiser HD518 - didn't particularly like them - way too bassy.
2) Klipsch Image One - didn't like em
3) JVC FRD80Z - love em
4) Soundmagic e10/e30/pl30 - absolutely love their soundstage and presentation, perfect amount of bass on the e30, Wish the top end had more wow to it
5) Sony XBA 3 - Generally great around the whole frequency response, but tinny treble, sibilant, presentation wasn't impressive enough. Rubbery bass :(
6) Shure SE215 Blue - great, absolutely enjoyable, but not what I'm looking for, bass/midbass is a bit much. Still, the punch, the decay, the presentation is all great.
My primary purpose is gonna be plugging my headphones into my guitar amp.
A close second is listening to music, my choice of genre ranges from jazz to classic rock to indie rock to classical music to movie soundtracks to general pop.
Bonus - Presonus HD7 available at 70$. Could buy that too, I actually kinda want an open back headphone despite my negative experience with the senn hd518, but I don't wanna buy something low quality.
Otherwise, I'm located in Canada, not much else to get under 150.