- 46 Posts. Joined 3/2014
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- B&W C5 Question and Recommended IEMS for Rock Last post on 11/8/12 at 4:22pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear earphones around £200-300? Last post on 5/20/14 at 4:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4R Vs Westone W40 Vs Logitech UE900 Vs Shure SE535LTD Red Vs Sennheiser IE80 Last post on 5/17/14 at 11:09am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/6/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
Does earwax eventually ruin your iem's?post #1 of 46/23/14 at 10:04pmThread StarterI'm just wondering if earwax will ever cause your earphones to sound muffled. If so, how long before they will become muffled and what are some good ways of preventing it. Btw, I clean my ears frequently. I have used comply tips with a built in wax guard, but I prefer my silicone tips.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 46/23/14 at 10:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by mascok
I'm just wondering if earwax will ever cause your earphones to sound muffled. If so, how long before they will become muffled and what are some good ways of preventing it. Btw, I clean my ears frequently. I have used comply tips with a built in wax guard, but I prefer my silicone tips.
They rarely do. A lot of headphones also have a little grille/filter or something similar to protect against wax. I've yet to have ear wax break an IEM... The only one that comes to mind is the UE 900 that gets more neutral as the wax fills in the pinhole bore.post #3 of 46/23/14 at 10:18pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does earwax eventually ruin your iem's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 4 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 57 seconds ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 2 minutes ago
- › Questions about reshell service. Reshell service at South East... 4 minutes ago
- › Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016. 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 5 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear