- 46 Posts. Joined 3/2014
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- B&W C5 Question and Recommended IEMS for Rock Last post on 11/8/12 at 4:22pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear earphones around £200-300? Last post on 5/20/14 at 4:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4R Vs Westone W40 Vs Logitech UE900 Vs Shure SE535LTD Red Vs Sennheiser IE80 Last post on 5/17/14 at 11:09am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: Yesterday
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Gratitude and greetings go out to RHA Team and @Glassmonkey - thank you so much for giving me the...
Recently got ordered these Mee AudioRunaway on-ear headphones as I had some wellness program points that were going to expire. I have had the MEE audio M-Duo Dual Dynamic Driver In-Ear Headphones...
Deep, Dark but not Handsome?! Disclaimer Firstly, I would like to thank Pandora for sending these to me for the purpose of this review. All impressions will be made from an objective...
FiiO X1 - 2 Gen. Review Disclaimer: The product I am reviewing was provided to me from FiiO in exchange for an honest review on it. Please note that being a review unit certain aspects of the...
Even at their current $89 price, I consider the Klipsch R6s an excellent value. They are fundamentally honest about what you put into them. Although they reveal a great deal about each recording,...
Does earwax eventually ruin your iem's?post #1 of 46/23/14 at 10:04pmThread StarterI'm just wondering if earwax will ever cause your earphones to sound muffled. If so, how long before they will become muffled and what are some good ways of preventing it. Btw, I clean my ears frequently. I have used comply tips with a built in wax guard, but I prefer my silicone tips.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 46/23/14 at 10:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by mascok
I'm just wondering if earwax will ever cause your earphones to sound muffled. If so, how long before they will become muffled and what are some good ways of preventing it. Btw, I clean my ears frequently. I have used comply tips with a built in wax guard, but I prefer my silicone tips.
They rarely do. A lot of headphones also have a little grille/filter or something similar to protect against wax. I've yet to have ear wax break an IEM... The only one that comes to mind is the UE 900 that gets more neutral as the wax fills in the pinhole bore.post #3 of 46/23/14 at 10:18pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does earwax eventually ruin your iem's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 3 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 4 minutes ago
- › Echobox: The Unveiling @ CES 2015 4 minutes ago
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 5 minutes ago
- › R2R/multibit vs Delta-Sigma - Is There A Measurable Scientific... 6 minutes ago
- › Connecting Stereo Amplifier to USB Interface 6 minutes ago
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by Peddler
- › iFi Audio iEMatch Headphone Travel Accessory by Hisoundfi
- › Soundaware Esther by ambchang
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear