- 214 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Location: Tracy Ca.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHeadAmp pico Slim Portable Amptagged by nightmancometh, 6/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- DAP Questions [from head-fi vet but DAP newbie] Last post on 2/3/15 at 11:47am in Portable Source Gear
- [Recommendations] Is there such a thing as hiss less portable amp? Last post on 3/28/14 at 3:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sub $400 - amp suggestions for IEM Last post on 11/1/13 at 5:54am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Need help deciding on an amp ASAP!!! Last post on 10/4/13 at 1:30pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- HeadAmp Pico Slim Sound Trouble Last post on 7/16/13 at 12:29pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
About Me I am in my fifties and have loved music and music equipment all my life. From about 8 years old, I had my first exposure to my mother’s reel to reel tape recorder. A few years later, I...
Introduction: I was asked by Brainwavz’/GPGSHK’s Pandora whether I was interested in reviewing their latest Brainwavz product, the Kidwavz KV100 that was especially designed for kids, so I...
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
Head amp pico slim repair?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
This is interesting as I have had the same issue with my Pico Power. Sent it back for repair (a long process); all was well for a time and the headphone jack started cutting out again. The jack seems to grip well but when the plug rotates or moves the sound cuts out. Justin is working with me but it makes me wonder if there is a widespread problem with these amps and the headphone jack shorting/cutting out. Not encouraging that the next "fix" will work. Would suggest continuing to try and contact him (not always easy); he should be able to offer a solution.
Not to hijack, but has anyone else have the same issues with their Pico amps????
Edited by richsto - 6/25/14 at 9:46pm
Mine sees a bit more "transportation" but am extremely careful and is packed in case with no movement or stress on the jacks. We will see if the second fix solves the problem, although I'm skeptical given the reoccurrence, careful care of the amp, and suggested experiences here.
Edited by richsto - 6/27/14 at 9:42am
Pico DAC/Amp, Amp, and Pico Power all use the same jack. There are thousands of these made and i havent seen any jack failures in several years
Just wanted to say that the most recent fix on my Pico Power headphone output jack seems to have taken care of the issue.....still evaluating and giving it a bit more time but so far so good. Thanks Justin!
- Head amp pico slim repair?
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) just now
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 10 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 23 seconds ago
- › Looking for a cheap portabke dac/amp to pair with smartphones. 39 seconds ago
- › TRINITY AUDIO ENGINEERING LAUNCH NEW CAMPAIGN FOR HIGH-END SPORTS... 1 minute ago
- › Shanling M2 DAP 1 minute ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds / IEM's / Earphone Recommendations (for a newbie) 3 minutes ago
- › HD650 vs Audeze EL8 & Crack vs Valhalla2 3 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2