- 235 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Location: Tracy Ca.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHeadAmp pico Slim Portable Amptagged by nightmancometh, 6/30/14
Related Forum Threads
- DAP Questions [from head-fi vet but DAP newbie] Last post on 4/20/16 at 1:21pm in Portable Source Gear
- [Recommendations] Is there such a thing as hiss less portable amp? Last post on 3/28/14 at 3:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sub $400 - amp suggestions for IEM Last post on 11/1/13 at 5:54am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Need help deciding on an amp ASAP!!! Last post on 10/4/13 at 1:30pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- HeadAmp Pico Slim Sound Trouble Last post on 7/16/13 at 12:29pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 12/22/15
I’ll be honest. When I was offered a review unit of the Turbines, I was not really looking forward to reviewing them. The CGI render of the Turbines that Ghostek commonly uses for promotion...
Review: Cleer DU High Definition Dual-Driver Headphone Introduction It was a brisk day in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois. I attended AXPONA, which is the Audio Expo North...
The ED9 is overall a good and very funny iem from China. build + design: The metal housing shows confidence and it looks like it won't break for a long time. I did like the looks...
(Player: Cowon Plenue D ; Earphone: JH5) Before I start, I must say that this was not the beginning of my experience with the brand cables. I own the Ares cable also (first model) and make...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Firstly I want to thank a local NZ Head-Fier (AudioDHD) for allowing me to spend some time...
Head amp pico slim repair?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
This is interesting as I have had the same issue with my Pico Power. Sent it back for repair (a long process); all was well for a time and the headphone jack started cutting out again. The jack seems to grip well but when the plug rotates or moves the sound cuts out. Justin is working with me but it makes me wonder if there is a widespread problem with these amps and the headphone jack shorting/cutting out. Not encouraging that the next "fix" will work. Would suggest continuing to try and contact him (not always easy); he should be able to offer a solution.
Not to hijack, but has anyone else have the same issues with their Pico amps????
Edited by richsto - 6/25/14 at 9:46pm
Mine sees a bit more "transportation" but am extremely careful and is packed in case with no movement or stress on the jacks. We will see if the second fix solves the problem, although I'm skeptical given the reoccurrence, careful care of the amp, and suggested experiences here.
Edited by richsto - 6/27/14 at 9:42am
Pico DAC/Amp, Amp, and Pico Power all use the same jack. There are thousands of these made and i havent seen any jack failures in several years
Just wanted to say that the most recent fix on my Pico Power headphone output jack seems to have taken care of the issue.....still evaluating and giving it a bit more time but so far so good. Thanks Justin!
- Head amp pico slim repair?
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 33 seconds ago
- › JH Audio & Astell&Kern Siren Series Full Metal Jacket Line Announced! 37 seconds ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 46 seconds ago
- › Good 3.5mm replacement for the Fostex locking angle cable / Mad Dog... 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › is this really a problem with blind tests? 2 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Solitude XCS2 Active Noise Canceling Headphones 7 minutes ago
- › Wired 3.5MM Headphones Earphones, Ghostek® Turbine Series Wired... by Cinder
- › Cleer DU High-Definition Dual Driver Headphone by moedawg140
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by thingol
- › Effect Audio Thor Coper IEM Upgrade Cable by Vitor Valeri
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by ekolite
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...