or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Best headphones under $200
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best headphones under $200 - Page 2

post #16 of 38
Well since you are considering neutral headphones like the shure srh 840, i guess i'll put some other headphones
Yamaha mt220
Martin logan mikros 90 (price has gone from $300 to $100)
Harmon kardon cl (supposedly benefits a lot from white noise burn in... Price has dropped from $200 to $80)
Beyerdynamic dt1350 (price has dropped from $300 to $200
Roland rh300
http://www.head-fi.org/t/658673/yamaha-hph-mt220-thread-merged
Edited by zunehdrocks - 6/22/14 at 7:12am
post #17 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by zunehdrocks View Post

Well since you are considering neutral headphones like the shure srh 840, i guess i'll put some other headphones
Yamaha mt220
Martin logan mikros 90 (price has gone from $300 to $100)
Harmon kardon cl (supposedly benefits a lot from white noise burn in... Price has dropped from $200 to $80)
Beyerdynamic dt1350 (price has dropped from $300 to $200
Roland rh300
http://www.head-fi.org/t/658673/yamaha-hph-mt220-thread-merged

Oh yea the DT 1350, and Mikros isn't bad either I'd recommend  the Mirkos if your interested in Modding, the modders love the Martin Logans so for $100, an extra $30 in supplies and a day or two later you got a modded wonder can :3

 

I'd skip over the Harmon Kardons, 

post #18 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

Oh yea the DT 1350, and Mikros isn't bad either I'd recommend  the Mirkos if your interested in Modding, the modders love the Martin Logans so for $100, an extra $30 in supplies and a day or two later you got a modded wonder can :3

I'd skip over the Harmon Kardons, 
I posted the harmon kardons because digitaltrends says they have better overall sound than the mikros 90 and bowers and wilkons p3
Have you heard them yourself?
You can find the comparison in the conclusion
http://www.digitaltrends.com/headphone-reviews/martin-logan-mikros-90-review/
Edited by zunehdrocks - 6/22/14 at 11:24am
post #19 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by zunehdrocks View Post


I posted the harmon kardons because digitaltrends says they have better overall sound than the mikros 90 and bowers and wilkons p3
Have you heard them yourself?
You can find the comparison in the conclusion
http://www.digitaltrends.com/headphone-reviews/martin-logan-mikros-90-review/

The Mirkos and Bowers P3 are... jokes. All Hype honestly, what sells them is the looks and the name behind them

 

skip all three

 

well the Mirkos are cool if your modding

 

and yes I have heard the P3, in a Brook Stone... as far as I'm concerned Harmon Kardon and B & P market to the same ppl with simmilar sound

post #20 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

The Mirkos and Bowers P3 are... jokes. All Hype honestly, what sells them is the looks and the name behind them

 

skip all three

 

well the Mirkos are cool if your modding

 

and yes I have heard the P3, in a Brook Stone... as far as I'm concerned Harmon Kardon and B & P market to the same ppl with simmilar sound

P3 maybe but the mikros...

thats just bashing really hard and besides, you seem to be contradicting yourself

post #21 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by zunehdrocks View Post
 

P3 maybe but the mikros...

thats just bashing really hard and besides, you seem to be contradicting yourself

Then let me be clear, the KEF M500, the B & P 3-7, the Mirkros and the Harmon Kordon headphones are not worth your time, we get like 5-7 of these "HYPE HEADPHONES" that all have the same sound signiture, overally warm but still some what balanced, and 9/10 they are priced WAY to much

 

the Mirkos, how ever are now being modded by many users, there for, while I think they are not worth the time, IF and ONLY IF you like to or want to mod your headphones they might be worth getting

 

OTHER wise, I'd skip over them. There are a dime a dozen, and for the record go ahead and Throw Polk Audio and 808 in there as well... 

post #22 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

Then let me be clear, the KEF M500, the B & P 3-7, the Mirkros and the Harmon Kordon headphones are not worth your time, we get like 5-7 of these "HYPE HEADPHONES" that all have the same sound signiture, overally warm but still some what balanced, and 9/10 they are priced WAY to much

the Mirkos, how ever are now being modded by many users, there for, while I think they are not worth the time, IF and ONLY IF you like to or want to mod your headphones they might be worth getting

OTHER wise, I'd skip over them. There are a dime a dozen, and for the record go ahead and Throw Polk Audio and 808 in there as well... 
Its just so hard for me to believe because the mikros 90 are currently priced a third of its original msrp. The harmon kardon is half. And the polk audio ultrafocus 8000 is known as one of the best sounding noise cancellers by innerfidelity btw
Edited by zunehdrocks - 6/22/14 at 6:51pm
post #23 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by zunehdrocks View Post


Its just so hard for me to believe because the mikros 90 are currently priced a third of its original msrp. The harmon kardon is half. And the polk audio ultrafocus 8000 is known as one of the best sounding noise cancellers by innerfidelity btw

The Mirkos was msrp around $300, it's now discoutinued... like not even a year after it's realease, the Harmon Kardon have a blue tooth and what they call an "extra bass" and as for the Active Noise Cancellers... that's a different topic all together, Ultimatly active noise cancellation is a form of distortion, so if your on a plane they are great, out side of a super noisy enviorment there "sound quality" is truley moot, 

 

if you have $200 to spend, I'd spend about $150 get something like a Used [buying second hand here on Head Fi will save u a fortune :3, and we head fi members take care of our gear] and reseve the other $50 for pads or an amp ect...

 

for around $150 [including second hand] you have many good headphones, the K550, the Shure 840, the Sound Magic HP 100, the Beyer Anniversy 32 ohm DT 770 [kinda hard to find but sounds good] along with the Beyer DT 1350, the V Moda XS [which is about $220 new, if you can find it used it should be around $175 ish]

 

So there are a myriad of very good sounding options for around $150-200

 

and at $100 ish dollars, you have the Logitech UE 6000, the Audio Technica A900x and the Shure 440 along with the Koss DJ 100 TBSE, and the Audio Technica ATH M550x, all very good sounding options,

 

the Harmons, Polks, and Mirkos sell not only sound but also "life style" the price also includes the over head for the marketing, and the reaserach into the looks, if you look at more serious Headphone Companies, like Hifiman, Beyerdyanix, AKG, SennHesier, Audeze, Audio Technica, for better or worse a lot of their headphones kinda look the same, the money NOT spent on "It needs to look GOOD" goes into better sound overall, and almost all of those companies offer "round" headphones, the notion of a Square headphone houseing, seems purely asthetic imo, and implimenting it must run up the cost as well... granted maybe not buy much but... if your main goal is GOOD SOUND, then skip the companies who are selling Sufficent sound with GOOD LOOKS and FEATURE

post #24 of 38
Thread Starter 

Thank you all so much for your replies... so now, I have my choices down to a few. out of these which have the best SQ the logitech ue 6000s, the donscorpio dolpins, or the shure srh 840s? personally i prefer the look so of the ues the most, then the dolphins then the 840s. IN terms of SQ im not too sure but which will be good for general all-genres of music. Think like a jack of all trades headphones out of these three. Also please consider the comfort and the isolation. If yo were to be given any of these headphones, and you were going to listen to music for hours at a time, and you live in a  noisy environment where most headphones leak sound in, which headphone would you guys get?

post #25 of 38

It surprises me that no-one recommended the Sennheiser Momentum On-Ears yet!

post #26 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by seobon View Post

Thank you all so much for your replies... so now, I have my choices down to a few. out of these which have the best SQ the logitech ue 6000s, the donscorpio dolpins, or the shure srh 840s? personally i prefer the look so of the ues the most, then the dolphins then the 840s. IN terms of SQ im not too sure but which will be good for general all-genres of music. Think like a jack of all trades headphones out of these three. Also please consider the comfort and the isolation. If yo were to be given any of these headphones, and you were going to listen to music for hours at a time, and you live in a  noisy environment where most headphones leak sound in, which headphone would you guys get?
Well i have asked questions about the ue6000 vs dolphin in the asian headphone thread
Sound : donscorpio dolphin
Isolation : same
The donscorpio dolphins have more treble overall
The bass boost in the dolphins is centered in the low sub bass.
I don't know how the shure 840s compare but i do know that they have a totally different sound signature.
Edited by zunehdrocks - 6/23/14 at 5:15am
post #27 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

The Mirkos was msrp around $300, it's now discoutinued... like not even a year after it's realease, the Harmon Kardon have a blue tooth and what they call an "extra bass" and as for the Active Noise Cancellers... that's a different topic all together, Ultimatly active noise cancellation is a form of distortion, so if your on a plane they are great, out side of a super noisy enviorment there "sound quality" is truley moot, 

if you have $200 to spend, I'd spend about $150 get something like a Used [buying second hand here on Head Fi will save u a fortune :3, and we head fi members take care of our gear] and reseve the other $50 for pads or an amp ect...

for around $150 [including second hand] you have many good headphones, the K550, the Shure 840, the Sound Magic HP 100, the Beyer Anniversy 32 ohm DT 770 [kinda hard to find but sounds good] along with the Beyer DT 1350, the V Moda XS [which is about $220 new, if you can find it used it should be around $175 ish]

So there are a myriad of very good sounding options for around $150-200

and at $100 ish dollars, you have the Logitech UE 6000, the Audio Technica A900x and the Shure 440 along with the Koss DJ 100 TBSE, and the Audio Technica ATH M550x, all very good sounding options,

the Harmons, Polks, and Mirkos sell not only sound but also "life style" the price also includes the over head for the marketing, and the reaserach into the looks, if you look at more serious Headphone Companies, like Hifiman, Beyerdyanix, AKG, SennHesier, Audeze, Audio Technica, for better or worse a lot of their headphones kinda look the same, the money NOT spent on "It needs to look GOOD" goes into better sound overall, and almost all of those companies offer "round" headphones, the notion of a Square headphone houseing, seems purely asthetic imo, and implimenting it must run up the cost as well... granted maybe not buy much but... if your main goal is GOOD SOUND, then skip the companies who are selling Sufficent sound with GOOD LOOKS and FEATURE
I actually own the koss prodj100 btw
I went in to the koss prodj100 budget king thread and asked for a comparison between the koss and the mikros 90. Everybody said the koss was outclassed. You would think they would be biased towards the koss but no...
Either way, sufficient sound for $300 (this was its original price after all) should be better than good sound for $150.
post #28 of 38
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilspeed111 View Post
 

It surprises me that no-one recommended the Sennheiser Momentum On-Ears yet!

I prefer over ears. 

post #29 of 38
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zunehdrocks View Post


Well i have asked questions about the ue6000 vs dolphin in the asian headphone thread
Sound : donscorpio dolphin
Isolation : same
The donscorpio dolphins have more treble overall
The bass boost in the dolphins is centered in the low sub bass.
I don't know how the shure 840s compare but i do know that they have a totally different sound signature.

in terms of mids, which is a better player? i honestly prefer a stellar mid range versus a bright treble-god of a headphone.

post #30 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by seobon View Post

in terms of mids, which is a better player? i honestly prefer a stellar mid range versus a bright treble-god of a headphone.
Dolphin wins
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Best headphones under $200