Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Premier Sponsor Forums and Sponsor Forums › Sponsor Forums › FiiO › FiiO X5 beta firmware 2.03 download and discussion. One word: Playlists!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO X5 beta firmware 2.03 download and discussion. One word: Playlists! - Page 3

post #31 of 82

Joe,

Have had no success in importing PC created m3u playlists.  List created by FOOBAR 2000 directly into the Music folder on the microSD card appears when navigated to in the Folder view on the X5, however when attempting to access it the X5 reports "File not found".  The same m3u playlist works perfectly when the microSD card is accessed through the desktop card reader and Windows media player.

Regards

Jeremy

post #32 of 82

Several customers confirmed a bug in tracks changing - when we tried to shift to the next track player return to the beginning of current one or 1-2 tracks before. It occurs on volume buttons and regular ones randomly.

post #33 of 82

how many songs can get added to a playlist before you can't add anymore?

post #34 of 82
Thread Starter 
Oops... please disregard
Edited by Joe Bloggs - 6/24/14 at 6:04am
post #35 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post


Hi,

Are your PC generated M3Us referencing the songs on your PC or on your card?

To create M3Us that refer to songs on the card using foobar,
1. Mount your card on the PC (e.g. using the X5 in Storage mode)
2. Drag the songs you want from folders on the SD card to a new foobar playlist
3. Right click the playlist and select Save playlist..., change the file type to .m3u8 or m3u, and select a file path on the SD card to save to.

The generated M3U playlist will then refer to the songs via relative pathing where possible. E.g. if the M3U is stored in the same path as the songs folder, the M3U will simply be a list of the filenames in the folder.


No dice following those exact same steps and also in Jriver. File not found error

post #36 of 82

Joe 

I have now tried countless times using exactly these steps and it simply does not work

Regards

Jeremy

post #37 of 82

I have tried many ways to get a PC generated M3U working and it fails every time.

 

Even when using absolute paths (\2Pac\) or relative links (.\2Pac\) it fails. You can open up the m3u file with any editor and try it out yourself. In Any event I made sure that it was prepending the Windows drive letter beforehand like (G:\2Pac). This was my initial theory as to why it wasn't working. So it has to be something else.

 

If there was a way to look at/edit the ones that are created on the device itself that would be really helpful.

post #38 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by krayziehustler View Post
 

I have tried many ways to get a PC generated M3U working and it fails every time.

 

Even when using absolute paths (\2Pac\) or relative links (.\2Pac\) it fails. You can open up the m3u file with any editor and try it out yourself. In Any event I made sure that it was prepending the Windows drive letter beforehand like (G:\2Pac). This was my initial theory as to why it wasn't working. So it has to be something else.

 

If there was a way to look at/edit the ones that are created on the device itself that would be really helpful.

 

+1

 

I'm using MediaMonkey to create playlists and none of my options have worked so far (although I haven't tried linux separators yet - "/" instead of "\"). Hopefully this isn't going to be like the AK100 where you have to manually edit the root path for every track referenced in the playlist...

post #39 of 82

I have tried multiple approaches now including the linux style separators. I consistently receive the "File not Found" error so there is definitely something going wrong with the paths in the playlist I think.

 

The best option I can create via MediaMonkey is a path that looks like this:

 

..\FOLDER NAME\SUB-FOLDER NAME\song name.xxx

 

I'm guessing that the X5 is not reading the ".." prefix as a root directory reference and is looking for some kind of tag identifying the card (e.g. TF1\FOLDER NAME... etc.)

 

If that's the case, I don't think there's a media management program that will successfully create working playlists for the X5 so this needs to be fixed if external playlists are to work I think. I really hope this can be achieved!

 

As always though, thanks for all your efforts, Fiio team!!

post #40 of 82

I have tried the simplest m3u playlist I can: a list residing in the directory in which all of the files exist. So no need to specify other directories via relative or absolute paths.

 

I still get the "file not found" error.

 

My directory of music:

Alva_Noto-Transrapid

 

Files:

01.Funkbugfx.flac

02.Pulse_XS_Version.flac

03.Future.flac

04.Highmatrix.flac

Alva_Noto-Transrapid.m3u

 

Contents of Alva_Noto-Transrapid.m3u:

01.Funkbugfx.flac

02.Pulse_XS_Version.flac

03.Future.flac

04.Highmatrix.flac

 

I'm presuming the only way to access/run the .m3u file on the X5 is via directory view?


Edited by dustmos - 6/23/14 at 5:33pm
post #41 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustmos View Post
 

I have tried the simplest m3u playlist I can: a list residing in the directory in which all of the files exist. So no need to specify other directories via relative or absolute paths.

 

I still get the "file not found" error.

 

My directory of music:

Alva_Noto-Transrapid

 

Files:

01.Funkbugfx.flac

02.Pulse_XS_Version.flac

03.Future.flac

04.Highmatrix.flac

Alva_Noto-Transrapid.m3u

 

Contents of Alva_Noto-Transrapid.m3u:

01.Funkbugfx.flac

02.Pulse_XS_Version.flac

03.Future.flac

04.Highmatrix.flac

 

I'm presuming the only way to access/run the .m3u file on the X5 is via directory view?

 

Correct (according to everything I've read so far). It would be great if these can eventually be catalogued into the "playlists" option in the browser, but I'll be thrilled with working external playlists generated by media programs (i.e. without having to manually edit them)

post #42 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post
 

 

Correct (according to everything I've read so far). It would be great if these can eventually be catalogued into the "playlists" option in the browser, but I'll be thrilled with working external playlists generated by media programs (i.e. without having to manually edit them)


Thanks for the confirmation. I couldn't find anything else about it. And I agree, it would be excellent if they could be catalogued in "playlists".

 

For what it's worth, I also attempted different separators - *nix forward slash and windows backslash, but without knowing how the X5 actually defines "root" or directory separators, we are stuck.

 

cheers

post #43 of 82
@dustmos: Woot, another Carsten Nicolai fan. Love his work with Ryuichi Sakamoto - such beautiful, emotional music. Would love to see them perform live!
post #44 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmatheis View Post

@dustmos: Woot, another Carsten Nicolai fan. Love his work with Ryuichi Sakamoto - such beautiful, emotional music. Would love to see them perform live!


Yeah, never had the opportunity. I was in Berlin for a bit when they were collaborating, but not when they were performing. A friend saw them there, said it was beautiful. I did meet Carsten though, a friend of a friend, nice man and an interesting artist.

 

And I always love Sakamoto's work, even at his most syrupy (if that is a word).

 

Ok, no more thread derailment.

 

Cheers

post #45 of 82
Thread Starter 
Sorry for the confusion guys, my communication time with FiiO headquarters are somewhat limited by circumstances these days and I only got hold of the actual method for generating external playlists for the X5 today.

Here's the general instructions:
1. As mentioned before, mount the SD card on your PC (e.g. via the X5's storage mode) and import the songs you want playlisted from the SD card to a new list on your player of choice.
2. Export the playlist to an M3U or M3U8 file ON YOUR COMPUTER (e.g. your desktop), not the SD card. This will force the generated playlist to contain full absolute paths for each song as well as a drive letter reference.
3. Open the M3U file in a text editor.
4. If an "#EXTM3U" line is not seen at the top of the file, add it. (without the quotes)
5. Replace all drive letter references (say, "X:") with "TF1:" if the card is to be placed in X5's slot 1, or "TF2:" if in slot 2. (this can be done using a "replace all" action on your text editor)
6. Save the modified file anywhere you like on the card (anywhere where you think it will be easy to find the playlist, e.g. in the root directory or in the same directory where most of the songs themselves are found. Since absolute paths are used the X5 obviously doesn't care where you put them)

I understand that this might not be the answer you guys may have been waiting for and I've told them as much, but hey, this is just the first beta for this feature so I'm keeping my hopes up. redface.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: FiiO
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Premier Sponsor Forums and Sponsor Forums › Sponsor Forums › FiiO › FiiO X5 beta firmware 2.03 download and discussion. One word: Playlists!