or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) - Page 4  

post #46 of 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyd View Post


No promises on attendance or gear though.

 

You posted.  You are now in a legally binding agreement to be present.

 

Plus, you'll probably be the only other person there that knows what Skyline Chili is, which automatically makes you the 2nd coolest person in the room.  

 

:beerchug:

post #47 of 714
Thread Starter 
@Wildcatsare1: I get the feeling you and I are gonna enjoy some good old-fashioned SEC football jawin' between now and September 20th wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyd View Post

I think this is the closest meet to Louisville. I might come. If I do I am likely to bring (subject to change due to lack of interest or ownership):
HiFiMan HE-300 (Rev. 3)
Velodyne v-Pulse
Klipsch Image One (Rev. 1)

Antique Sound Labs MG Head OTL MK3
iBasso D-Zero
Beyerdynamic A200P (if I win the raffle)
HifimeDIY Sabre SPDIF DAC
HifimeDIY Sabre U2 ASYNC DAC

Hopefully I'll have replaced my Focal Spirit Ones with some KEF M500 or NAD Viso how by then too. I'll be in the market for some planers. Oppo PM-2 show promise, but LCD-2 pricing might drop enough to merit a purchase of those. Or maybe the PM-1 will drop in price enough.

No promises on attendance or gear though.

Awesome, man!! Hope you can make it! We list everyone as "tentative" just in case they can't make the trip for whatever reason. Also, the D-Zero was one of the surprise hits of the last meet, so you'll probably have a few people that want to listen and chat with you about it wink.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline315 View Post

You posted.  You are now in a legally binding agreement to be present.

Plus, you'll probably be the only other person there that knows what Skyline Chili is, which automatically makes you the 2nd coolest person in the room.  

beerchug.gif

Oh man, I LOOOOVE me some Skyline Cincinnati-style 5 ways!! My mom was born in Cincinnati and we used to eat there on family vacation in Florida every year.... Dang, why must you bring this up on my second day of a 24-day cleanse?? *shakes fists at sky*
Edited by Theogenes - 6/23/14 at 8:43am
post #48 of 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline315 View Post

You posted.  You are now in a legally binding agreement to be present.

Plus, you'll probably be the only other person there that knows what Skyline Chili is, which automatically makes you the 2nd coolest person in the room.  

beerchug.gif
Lol I know what it is but I'm not a chili person and I've never eaten there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theogenes View Post

Awesome, man!! Hope you can make it! We list everyone as "tentative" just in case they can't make the trip for whatever reason. Also, the D-Zero was one of the surprise hits of the last meet, so you'll probably have a few people that want to listen and chat with you about it wink.gif
Yeah the Beyerdynamic A200P is a surprising device too so that one might get some attention.
post #49 of 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theogenes View Post

@Wildcatsare1: I get the feeling you and I are gonna enjoy some good old-fashioned SEC football jawin' between now and September 20th wink.gif
Awesome, man!! Hope you can make it! We list everyone as "tentative" just in case they can't make the trip for whatever reason. Also, the D-Zero was one of the surprise hits of the last meet, so you'll probably have a few people that want to listen and chat with you about it wink.gif
Oh man, I LOOOOVE me some Skyline Cincinnati-style 5 ways!! My mom was born in Cincinnati and we used to eat there on family vacation in Florida every year.... Dang, why must you bring this up on my second day of a 24-day cleanse?? *shakes fists at sky*

Theo, love to debate football, HP's and CHILI, sweet and chili is an abomination before God, Texas Chili Uber All......😎
post #50 of 714
Thread Starter 

Hey, anybody have any contacts at Emotiva? I'd love to have them bring their DAC, maybe some amps for the orthos, and possibly even their smaller active monitors, although I'm not sure how well that would work in a room with a bunch of open headphones...

 

Anyway, let me know if you've got somebody you can talk to over there! I'm starting to contact potential vendors today, and I never got a response from my last message to them, so I'd like to increase my odds if possible ;). Thanks guys!

post #51 of 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theogenes View Post
 

Hey, anybody have any contacts at Emotiva? I'd love to have them bring their DAC, maybe some amps for the orthos, and possibly even their smaller active monitors, although I'm not sure how well that would work in a room with a bunch of open headphones...

 

Anyway, let me know if you've got somebody you can talk to over there! I'm starting to contact potential vendors today, and I never got a response from my last message to them, so I'd like to increase my odds if possible ;). Thanks guys!


i've been there for a visit, i don't remember who all i talked to, although one was "mr emotiva" (don't recall his name) but everyone there was super, very laid back, family dogs running around, hell they greeted me at the door.

anyway, i'm sure they'd be very receptive, they put on a festival there in franklin, emo days, music, food ,etc

during my visit they let me try out a few pieces, the stealth dac, which had just been released, the stealth 5" monitor, which was a finished prototype , the a prototype of the little desktop volume control thing , just ask !! can't hurt, 

or i guess i could give them a call, not they'd know me from adam


Edited by jaywillin - 6/25/14 at 6:31pm
post #52 of 714
Thread Starter 
Lol, I'll give 'em a call! Thanks Jay wink.gif.

Also, a quick vendor update:

Aurisonics: Looks like they'll be attending! The gentleman I'm talking to is awaiting final confirmation from the big man (Dale), but it looks good!! Can't wait for you guys to hear the IEMs they have... Just stellar, and a BLAST to listen to!!

Vintage HiFi: This is a guy (Richard) in Nashville that restores and sells vintage stereo equipment (including some pretty neat stuff-- his Facebook page had a picture of an old Wurlitzer jukebox he's restoring). I spoke with him the other day (last night? been working too much...) and he's definitely interested in attending, so he's going to check on it and get back with me. I talked with him about the current ortho craze and the resurgence of vintage audio, and he seems to work with a lot of really cool gear (old Marantz, Sansui, Pioneer, Kenwood, etc). Really excited to get him to the meet!!

Unfortunately, HeadRoom won't be able to attend (I knew it was a long shot anyway), but they might send something over as a raffle prize or something, so it sounds like they're still interested in supporting us, which is awesome!

That's all for now, but I'm still working on it! Again, if anybody has any moments of divine inspiration regarding potential vendors, speak up! wink.gif
post #53 of 714
Theogenes, looks great, thank you for your efforts, even if you do hate the Gators 😳, even if I am in NYC, I will make it back for the meet!

Hopefully Jay has a new set HifiMan Headphones by then 😛!
post #54 of 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcatsare1 View Post

Theogenes, looks great, thank you for your efforts, even if you do hate the Gators 😳, even if I am in NYC, I will make it back for the meet!

Hopefully Jay has a new set HifiMan Headphones by then 😛!


well, something unexpected would have to occur, i'm pretty set on a grado/allessandro as my next purchase

and very soon, i'll be in possession of a loaner gs1000e from TTVJ

post #55 of 714
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcatsare1 View Post

Theogenes, looks great, thank you for your efforts, even if you do hate the Gators 😳, even if I am in NYC, I will make it back for the meet!

Hopefully Jay has a new set HifiMan Headphones by then 😛!

 

Lol! No prob man. And honestly, I cheer for Florida against non-SEC teams... I just really love jawin' about SEC football, and the Geckos make easy targets ;). 

 

I'm  guessing it'll be worth your trip back even if you do end up in the Big Apple :cool:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post


well, something unexpected would have to occur, i'm pretty set on a grado/allessandro as my next purchase

and very soon, i'll be in possession of a loaner gs1000e from TTVJ

 

Man, that's the e-series that I'm most interested in hearing about... DEFINITELY let us know what you think when you get it!! (I'd ask you to keep 'em until the meet, but that's like asking a songbird to swim-- it just isn't who you are :wink_face:). 

 

Also, another vendor update: Zach from ZMF Headphones has said he's going to do everything possible to make it down!! Sounds like he's talking the wife into it, so send them both good vibes

 :beerchug:

post #56 of 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theogenes View Post
 

 

Lol! No prob man. And honestly, I cheer for Florida against non-SEC teams... I just really love jawin' about SEC football, and the Geckos make easy targets ;). 

 

I'm  guessing it'll be worth your trip back even if you do end up in the Big Apple :cool:

 

 

Man, that's the e-series that I'm most interested in hearing about... DEFINITELY let us know what you think when you get it!! (I'd ask you to keep 'em until the meet, but that's like asking a songbird to swim-- it just isn't who you are :wink_face:). 

 

Also, another vendor update: Zach from ZMF Headphones has said he's going to do everything possible to make it down!! Sounds like he's talking the wife into it, so send them both good vibes

 :beerchug:

Dude you are working overtime!  I'm going to this show,  because I know for sure it will happen.

 

Vintage stuff is undervalued and often 1/2 the price of higher end HP's and Amps.

 

I'm also bringing the HiFiMan HE400 and Senns HD595 and 

For portable source iPod Rockboxed 5.5G/Fiio e11 portable amp 

post #57 of 714
Testing my HifimeDIY Sabre SPDIF DAC is going very well! I could bring it but I'd need a good device to source it. I cannot bring my desktop.
post #58 of 714
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUMAY408 View Post
 

Dude you are working overtime!  I'm going to this show,  because I know for sure it will happen.

 

Vintage stuff is undervalued and often 1/2 the price of higher end HP's and Amps.

 

I'm also bringing the HiFiMan HE400 and Senns HD595 and 

For portable source iPod Rockboxed 5.5G/Fiio e11 portable amp 

 

Yeah man, nothing short of World War Z is gonna stop us now :veryevil:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyd View Post

Testing my HifimeDIY Sabre SPDIF DAC is going very well! I could bring it but I'd need a good device to source it. I cannot bring my desktop.

 

If I'm not mistaken, won't that work from an Android device, or is it SPDIF only? If so, you can use one of my tablets (yes, I have 4 tablets, and yes, I'm a big nerd for mobile tech). I'm going to attempt to have mine set up to work from not just Google Music, Amazon Music, and Rhapsody (all of which I subscribe/have access to), but also to my home computer via JRMC's Gizmo app, and I'm going to try to setup the wifi-accessible portable hard drive again, and I'm going to try to make it a little easier to use this time. 

 

Anyway, let me know! :)

post #59 of 714
It's SPDIF or Coax only.
post #60 of 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyd View Post

It's SPDIF or Coax only.

I was going to keep it simple, but the hell with that :devil_face:

 

I'll be bringing the Meier Daccord/Classic with Coax/USB setup 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014)