Originally Posted by Wildcatsare1
Theogenes, MLGrado, Being a former Linebacker, several concusions, at least one too many 😲! I also had to l had to look up Pantone 151, they used to play some decent football in Knoxville, and sadly Gainesville as well, gotta love them though.
I am looking forward to hearing the iFi iDSD Micro, I really like my Nano, would like to see if the Micro can drive my 560's and Alpha Dogs, so I am not chained to my desk at home.
Theogenes, thank you for all of your work and putting this together, it is growing more freakin fantastic daily, counting the days to 9/20!
Yeah, it's kind of amazing how far Tennessee and Florida have both fallen... I'm ready to get back to having the UT-Bama and UT-Florida games actually mean something again. Because they just don't right now, and it drives me nuts, in case that wasn't obvious.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to some of the iFi stuff. They had a bunch of their gear at the AVCOA meeting in Atlanta right before the first Nashville meet, but I didn't have enough time to check it out. I even dig their aesthetic, and really like the little stands they have for their gear. Perfect for an office or desk without a lot of space, and pretty attractive to boot!
Work? I don't even know what that word means ;). But thanks man, and I agree-- this is really shaping up nicely!! There are a couple of story lines that I'm pretty interested in checking out in particular. For example (with the understanding that these aren't complete lists, and are utterly personal preferences):
- Best T50rp Modification: Alpha Dogs, ZMF Vibro, ZMF V1, or Paradox Slant? (This is especially interesting to me b/c I prefer the utility of closed headphones; I'm also curious to see where the Beyerdynamic T5p fits among these).
- Best Amp for Orthos: Master 8, First Watt F5 clone, Bryston BHA-1, Meier Classic (really excited about this one), Emotiva Mini-X A100?
- Best IEM: Aurisonics ASG-2, Aurisonics ASG-2.5 (presumably in attendance), Noble Audio Noble 5, Etymotic ER4, Sony XBA-4, maybe the Velodyne vPulse, and who knows what else will end up making it?
- HFM Showdown: HE-6 vs HE-560 (droooooooooooooooool...)
- Grado: i-series versus e-series (assuming some e-series cans make it-- only one I'm thinking will be there at the moment is the GS1Ke, which happens to be the one I'm most interested in)
- Best Desktop DACs: NAD m51, Lynx Hilo, Meier Daccord (I still think highly of it, although I replaced mine with the Hilo), Emotiva XDA-2?
- TOTL Showdown: Sennheiser HD800, Beyerdynamic T1, HifiMan HE-6, HifiMan HE-560, Audeze LCD-X?
- Flagships of Yesteryear: HD650 (balanced and standard), HD600 (never heard these), Grado RS1i, or Beyerdynamic DT800 (600 ohm)?
- Best Portable Amp: Hifiman HM-601, ALO Audio MKlllB+, Leckerton UHA-6S Mk.II, iBasso D-Zero, Meier Audio PCSTEP, JDS Labs O2, or Fiio E17?
- New Versus Old: Aurisonics ASG-2 vs ASG-2.5; Hifiman HE-400 and HE-6 vs HE-400i and HE-560; Grado GS1000 (might be coming) vs GS1000e.
And so many more... No way there are gonna be enough hours in the day to get in all the listening I wanna do!! (And after reading back through this list... It does seem to be just a bit overboard, so please excuse my exuberance. I didn't get enough sleep, so my brain compensates by giving me crackhead energy for half the day before I crash.)