Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › China as a parts source no more!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

China as a parts source no more!

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 

I've been using china as a parts source for a few years with great success, but no more. China is pricing themselves right out of the market with incredible greed.Fitear IEM connectors that two months ago were 12.50 at Lunashop, are now 25.00 . Another ebay store has them for $31.00. Wow! Plus 

sound sells the same item for $15.00.  Be careful when you shop China these days. They have lost their mind!

post #2 of 12

... That's some rather broad generalizations to make of a country based on the price of iem tips.

post #3 of 12
Thread Starter 
What makes you think I base this solely on the cost of IEMs. I've seen it all over the world for over 70 years. The US is starting to become competitive in cost in many products . As Chinese prices rise At 100 to 200% a year because they think they can get it! USprices will again become attractive to US consumers. Us retailers
Will sell Chinese products at a competitive price .
post #4 of 12

And is there a general conclusion that you're going to draw from US prices becoming cheaper/more competitive?

 

Is Chinese quality increasing? Are they actually paying their workers better wages now? Is US quality decreasing or are they outsourcing moreso? Prices reflect what people are willing to pay. If they don't sell at the higher prices, then obviously they will come back down eventually.

 

Not trying to pick a fight, but your original post just seemed over generalized.

post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordicai View Post

I've been using china as a parts source for a few years with great success, but no more. China is pricing themselves right out of the market with incredible greed.Fitear IEM connectors that two months ago were 12.50 at Lunashop, are now 25.00 . Another ebay store has them for $31.00. Wow! Plus 



sound sells the same item for $15.00.  Be careful when you shop China these days. They have lost their mind!


 



Wow, such craziness! Thanks, I will never buy another expensive product from China again - they will only have themselves to blame when everyone around the world stops buying their universallly overpriced products. This makes Switzerland look cheap!
post #6 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

And is there a general conclusion that you're going to draw from US prices becoming cheaper/more competitive?

Is Chinese quality increasing? Are they actually paying their workers better wages now? Is US quality decreasing or are they outsourcing moreso? Prices reflect what people are willing to pay. If they don't sell at the higher prices, then obviously they will come back down eventually.

Not trying to pick a fight, but your original post just seemed over generalized.

Well sure your trying to pick a fight. It's what you do. Have a nice day
post #7 of 12

No, I was asking you to substantiate your statement because you're the one that waltzed in and called the Chinese greedy and have lost their mind, which is discrimination.

 

But fine, whatever, this isn't the place for it.

post #8 of 12
I'm pretty sure that many workers in China are finally starting to get decent wages, for example workers at an Emotiva factory make around $3.10 US per hour if I recall from a thread on their forum I once read. Don't assume it's greed, many American, European, and other Asian countries products are priced much higher than China (which wages aren't that much different from anymore).

As for the OP's situation that's the reseller's fault.
Edited by ToddTheMetalGod - 6/17/14 at 5:47pm
post #9 of 12
OP, your statement could be interpreted as Sino-bashing, although I (would like to) believe that may not have been your intention in using the word "crazy."
post #10 of 12

Too generalize indeed. Most common electronics products are still manufactured in China. That's because most of their components are also manufactured there, i.e., resistors, capacitors, transistors, PCBs, memories, etc... How do I know? Where I used to work, been there than that. I used to fly to China so many times to setup our functional test equipment.

 

So how do they stifle competition? Slap them with high import tariff so you have to use cheaper domestically manufactured components.


Edited by wuwhere - 6/17/14 at 7:21pm
post #11 of 12

China is a country of over a billion people, and most electronics are manufactured in Shenzhen/Guangzhou, the largest metropolitan area on the planet.  You are trying to tell me that this entire country is now "greedy" based on the rising price of a single niche item?  Here's a counter-observation -- I often buy dumplings over lunch.  10 dumplings used to cost me ~$3.00, but now that I'm a returning customer my dumpling lady sold them to me for $2.50 this week.  By my experience, Chinese goods are inexpensive, and getting even cheaper.  How is my experience any less valid than yours?

post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
 

China is a country of over a billion people, and most electronics are manufactured in Shenzhen/Guangzhou, the largest metropolitan area on the planet.  You are trying to tell me that this entire country is now "greedy" based on the rising price of a single niche item?  Here's a counter-observation -- I often buy dumplings over lunch.  10 dumplings used to cost me ~$3.00, but now that I'm a returning customer my dumpling lady sold them to me for $2.50 this week.  By my experience, Chinese goods are inexpensive, and getting even cheaper.  How is my experience any less valid than yours?

lmao

Just got my dact style attenuator from china through ebay, it's probably the sweetest deal you could get on step attenuators.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › China as a parts source no more!