New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Amp question

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 

I don't know much about amps, and I'm pretty new to all this. I was thinking of buying the Beyerdynamic DT 770, but I've read a lot of posts on this forum saying that it needs an amp. I'm planning to use those headphones on my PC and nothing else. Amps can be used with PC's.. right? Would the Fiio E11 be a good choice? Fiio amps are my only choice here in Netherlands.

post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyorast10 View Post
 

I don't know much about amps, and I'm pretty new to all this. I was thinking of buying the Beyerdynamic DT 770, but I've read a lot of posts on this forum saying that it needs an amp. I'm planning to use those headphones on my PC and nothing else. Amps can be used with PC's.. right? Would the Fiio E11 be a good choice? Fiio amps are my only choice here in Netherlands.

 

The Fiio E11 can easily drive the 250-Ohm DT770s

Might consider ordering a spare battery or two (BL-5B), off eBay.

The non-genuine BL-5B batteries sold on eBay not might hold a charge for as long a period as they are rated for, but the prices are so low they are still worth it.

post #3 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post
 

 

The Fiio E11 can easily drive the 250-Ohm DT770s

Might consider ordering a spare battery or two (BL-5B), off eBay.

The non-genuine BL-5B batteries sold on eBay not might hold a charge for as long a period as they are rated for, but the prices are so low they are still worth it.


Wouldn't it be better to buy the FiiO E09K then? Since I'm only using it for desktop.

post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyorast10 View Post
 


Wouldn't it be better to buy the FiiO E09K then? Since I'm only using it for desktop.

 

You asked about the E11. The E09K would also work, it's just not portable. Either one would work. If you're not concerned w/ portability, go for the E9

post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyorast10 View Post

 

Wouldn't it be better to buy the FiiO E09K then? Since I'm only using it for desktop.

 

Guess in some ways the E09K would be better, unless your planning on buying low impedance headphones, like under 40-Ohms, then the E11 really low output impedance is better.

 

If your willing to spend the cash for a desktop amplifier, check out the Epiphany Acoustics EPH-02 amp, sold in the UK (78 GBP).

It has a really low output impedamce less then 1-Ohm :) so can drive headphones from 12-Ohms to 600-Ohms.

http://epiphany-acoustics.co.uk/products-page/headphone-amplifiers/ehp-o2-portable-headphone-amplifier/

post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyorast10 View Post
 

I don't know much about amps, and I'm pretty new to all this. I was thinking of buying the Beyerdynamic DT 770, but I've read a lot of posts on this forum saying that it needs an amp. I'm planning to use those headphones on my PC and nothing else. Amps can be used with PC's.. right? Would the Fiio E11 be a good choice? Fiio amps are my only choice here in Netherlands.

You should really be thinking about an amp/dac combo for use with a PC. I would suggest getting the E07 or E17 with the E09.  When either are docked with the E09 they work as an off board dac improving sound quality and of course they can also be used on their own for added portability. You just connect the E09 to the computer with a usb cable.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home