or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Hifiman HE-400 with a PA2v2?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hifiman HE-400 with a PA2v2?

post #1 of 4
Thread Starter 

Hello there! I'm looking into purchasing a pair of Hifiman HE-400's. I know they are very efficient and can be driven easily, but I'm still wondering. So, will a PA2v2 drive the HE-400's well? If not, would an O2 do any better? Please let me know! Thanks.

post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner116 View Post
 

Hello there! I'm looking into purchasing a pair of Hifiman HE-400's. I know they are very efficient and can be driven easily, but I'm still wondering. So, will a PA2v2 drive the HE-400's well? If not, would an O2 do any better? Please let me know! Thanks.

 

Certainly the O2 will do better...but you already knew that.;)

post #3 of 4

PA2V2 will give you the truly portable option as well as the wall wart option, it is also a high current amp from what i gather and does well with orthos. I run a bunch of mine on it often. You may have to adjust the two gain screws insidie a bit higher. Just my two cents on that thing.

post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner116 View Post
 

Hello there! I'm looking into purchasing a pair of Hifiman HE-400's. I know they are very efficient and can be driven easily, but I'm still wondering. So, will a PA2v2 drive the HE-400's well? If not, would an O2 do any better? Please let me know! Thanks.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zazex View Post
 

 

Certainly the O2 will do better...but you already knew that.;)

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick n View Post
 

PA2V2 will give you the truly portable option as well as the wall wart option, it is also a high current amp from what i gather and does well with orthos. I run a bunch of mine on it often. You may have to adjust the two gain screws insidie a bit higher. Just my two cents on that thing.

 

Recently went on vacation for a few days.  The only amps I brought with me were two O2's.  As we know, they're not playing-card sized,

but to go in and out of the luggage and sit on the nightstand they were perfectly OK.  (I brought 2 in case one went defective for some

reason.)

 

Headphones were Beyer T51p, and Thinksound on1 with an aftermarket cable.

 

DAP = DX50, cables are customs.

All FLAC files.

 

Well, the music sounded terrific.

I really didn't miss my home system very much at all.

 

 

One rainy afternoon, I'm going through my stuff with nothing much better to do, and -

Here it is!  My PA2V2 that I bought from Gary about 5 years ago.  

 

Perfect condition...well of course - it had been inside this suitcase the whole time.

I switched it on - the light went on.

I unscrewed the case > two high quality rechargable batteries.

 

So, oddly, I had a chance that rainy afternoon to compare the O2 and the PA2V2.

 

Though I was quite surprised at the bass and dynamics of the smaller amp,

there was really no comparison.  The O2 was clearer, more dynamic, more

detailed > in fact, it was better in every way (except portability, of course).

 

So, while the EA amp still maintains very good value,

it (IMO & IMO) simply does not compete favorably with the O2.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Hifiman HE-400 with a PA2v2?