Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Best most resilient iem under $500
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best most resilient iem under $500

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 

I keep breaking headphones when I travel. What are the best unamped iem under $500? Maybe with detacheable cables?

post #2 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenook View Post
 

I keep breaking headphones when I travel. What are the best unamped iem under $500? Maybe with detacheable cables?

The se215 make for some great beater IEMs with a solid build, smooth sound, and detachable cables for $100 bucks.

post #3 of 9

I can vouch that Atomic Floyd sets are exceedingly durable, however they don't have a great sound:price ratio, so they may not be what you're looking for.

post #4 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cripple1 View Post
 

The se215 make for some great beater IEMs with a solid build, smooth sound, and detachable cables for $100 bucks.

thank you 215s now in contention

post #5 of 9

No problem. I just picked up a pair and they're pretty great for the price. I'm thoroughly enjoying them.

post #6 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NawiLlih View Post
 

I can vouch that Atomic Floyd sets are exceedingly durable, however they don't have a great sound:price ratio, so they may not be what you're looking for.

they sure look nice but sound quality is at the heart of it then durability. Thanks for the opinion, never heard of em until now.

post #7 of 9
Do you have any sound preferences that we can follow up on? That makes this easier for us to recommend.

But, for durability, I think the Noble 4, which is also an excellent sounding masterpiece, might fit the bill.
post #8 of 9
Thread Starter 

yes, I love the sound of my closed fostex th-900 and I can live with kiss ksc 75 open for cheapo travel and throwaways but I keep breaking the koss too.

post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cripple1 View Post
 

The se215 make for some great beater IEMs with a solid build, smooth sound, and detachable cables for $100 bucks.

+1 for the 215s. Good sound with replaceable cables.

 

The 535s also have a removable cable and are renowned for their sound, albeit a little more expensive than the 215.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Best most resilient iem under $500