or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Best Gaming set-up?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best Gaming set-up? - Page 2

post #16 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascok View Post


Whoa, those speakers looks sweet! what are they?

 

Rokit 8's I got them at a really good price new, $360 for both. Right now i think they are $500-600 a pair. They have a knob on the back that allows you to tweak what they sound like. Ranging from a bass-canon to almost no bass at all. On both ranges there is very little distortion. The only issue is they are hyper sensitive so if you don't have a very clean audio source they distort like crazy. Took me 3 months to figure out how to fix it. 

post #17 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folex View Post

Rokit 8's I got them at a really good price new, $360 for both. Right now i think they are $500-600 a pair. They have a knob on the back that allows you to tweak what they sound like. Ranging from a bass-canon to almost no bass at all. On both ranges there is very little distortion. The only issue is they are hyper sensitive so if you don't have a very clean audio source they distort like crazy. Took me 3 months to figure out how to fix it. 

Wow, I only have the Harman Kardon Sound Sticks 3 ($170). I bought when I was on a budget. Maybe I'll consider those someday.
post #18 of 39

Haha. I had the Soundsticks myself for a while. They were some decent speakers on a budget. I picked em up direct from Harmon Kardon on Black Friday one year for $130 bucks. I hope you can get everything you need soon man, and I hope you don't get hit with upgrade-itis too soon after. That's been my biggest problem since joining head-fi. Lol

post #19 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cripple1 View Post

Haha. I had the Soundsticks myself for a while. They were some decent speakers on a budget. I picked em up direct from Harmon Kardon on Black Friday one year for $130 bucks. I hope you can get everything you need soon man, and I hope you don't get hit with upgrade-itis too soon after. That's been my biggest problem since joining head-fi. Lol

Haha, nice.
post #20 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folex View Post
 

Such a clean desk.. mine is the biggest mess ever.

 

Dude, you aren't doing too bad. I use all my stuff in the garage and it's pretty messy... and kinda ghetto! Lol. Take a look!

post #21 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cripple1 View Post

Haha. I had the Soundsticks myself for a while. They were some decent speakers on a budget. I picked em up direct from Harmon Kardon on Black Friday one year for $130 bucks. I hope you can get everything you need soon man, and I hope you don't get hit with upgrade-itis too soon after. That's been my biggest problem since joining head-fi. Lol

What do you have now?
post #22 of 39

Some Centrance 2504 Masterclass speakers powered by an Audioengine N22 speaker/headphone amp. They sound beautiful, though they can use sub sometimes.

post #23 of 39
Thread Starter 
Those look pretty good, could you add a sub to them?
post #24 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by cripple1 View Post
 

Dude, you aren't doing too bad. I use all my stuff in the garage and it's pretty messy... and kinda ghetto! Lol. Take a look!

hahahah I LOVE that setup. All expensive gear and a .50 cent box as a stand. Priceless!

post #25 of 39
Thread Starter 
What's the differance between the beyerdynamic DT 990 premium and the beyerdynamic DT 990 pro?
post #26 of 39

Hey, whatever works, right? Hahaha

post #27 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascok View Post

What's the differance between the beyerdynamic DT 990 premium and the beyerdynamic DT 990 pro?

 

I honestly don't know. I'm gong to speculate and say its just how they look. The pros have a very old look to them that I personally like. I bought mine for $123 new and have been worth every penny. I personally don't like single sided cables so I had them modded to both sides (personal OCD.)

 

 

Oh! also the cable is different

 

Premium = straight cable

 

 

 

Pro = Coiled cable

 


Edited by Folex - 6/14/14 at 11:28am
post #28 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascok View Post

What's the differance between the beyerdynamic DT 990 premium and the beyerdynamic DT 990 pro?

Looks. The pro version has an ugly venetian blind thing going on while the premiums tried to pretty it up. I'm not a fan of either design, but looks are secondary for me. If I can get the same quality for less money, I'd go for it.

post #29 of 39
Thread Starter 
Ok, looks are not a big deal to me, so I'll go for the pros if my IEM's don't work for me. The only thing that I don't like about these headphones so far, is they don't seem to have a detachable cable. So if the cable breaks then you can't just replaced the cable.
post #30 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by cripple1 View Post
 

Hey, whatever works, right? Hahaha

 

I'd be so paranoid I'd bump into it and it would fall off.  I know those apple laptops don't come cheap. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Best Gaming set-up?